What Content Do You Want First?

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no mention of 'aging' on the features page on TaleWorlds official site, or the Steam store page. One of the main features advertised is the ability to 'play the way you want.'

This is a Mount & Blade game. I want to play it like other Mount & Blade games. Raising a family and re-leveling characters does nothing to benefit me, does not interest me, and is nothing more than a waste of time to me.

o0ubs1y.png

If it's such a 'hyped' mechanic/feature, why isn't it listed on the store page on Steam or the official TW Bannerlord site? Why hasn't it been implemented yet, when other new mechanics were apparently core to the Early Access release?
I'm not opposing the option. If people want the option, fine. I'm just not personally invested in that crusade. It might not be listed on store fronts and websites (because it's not done yet, I assume) but I've been following this game since it was first announced. At every opportunity, on every stream, the developers have constantly showcased and talked about the heir system. So while it might not be listed anywhere publicly right now, it's not like this just came out of left field.

It doesn't effect me one way or another if they add a toggle option, as I'll never turn it off. But I was simply saying I wouldn't be surprised if they do not do that and tell people to turn to mods if they want it disabled. I think the heir system is part of their vision for where they want Mount and Blade, as their game series, to go in the future. And things that make people unhappy about it, I think they're going to lean on the modding community to fix those things.

Why you would oppose an option that you can ignore is beyond me. Especially considering that no other M&B game put this restriction on players previously. Again, raising a family and having to re-level an heir is putting time-limits on my playthrough. Either I need to rush, skip content, or invest my real time in doing chores to continue a campaign. I'll pass, thanks.
And like I said. I played for 140 hours and was only 57 years old... When I had already conquered the map and wanted to kill off my character, to play as an heir. I don't know what content you feel like you'll need to rush or skip in 140+ hours, or what you won't have left to do. I firmly believe that 95% of the people asking for the option to turn off aging wouldn't ever play a single campaign long enough to see their first character die anyway, so it would end up being a moot point.

And not trying to be rude here, so please don't take it that way, but if you don't like the game they're making and willing to give you, then maybe this isn't the game for you. Warband still exists, and I don't think they set out to remake it.

Last edited:
2.) Feasts - Bring back feasts so lords attend parties instead of constantly warring. Let me talk to people for some free Relation boost. :smile:
More peace activities in general would be great. Feasting, hunting, improved tournaments etc. Right now its just war war war, with no breaks ever.

More peace activities in general would be great. Feasting, hunting, improved tournaments etc. Right now its just war war war, with no breaks ever.
Yeah, it's definitely giving me a Civilization feel in its current state, for sure. We need more to do between wars.

The kingdom aspects obviously need the most work, fief allocation, vassal relations, and vassals joining your kingdom. You can't even control who you declare war on at this stage in the game.

There is no mention of 'aging' on the features page on TaleWorlds official site, or the Steam store page. One of the main features advertised is the ability to 'play the way you want.'

If it's such a 'hyped' mechanic/feature, why isn't it listed on the store page on Steam or the official TW Bannerlord site? Why hasn't it been implemented yet, when other new mechanics were apparently core to the Early Access release?
Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Will there be dynasties/families in the game?
Players will be able to have family members and children. Time flows faster in Bannerlord (when compared to Warband) with a year currently set to 84 days (we will probably fine-tune this further before release). Also, you can start the game with siblings, nephews and nieces and they serve as potential heirs as well.

Can the player and/or AI lords permanently die?
Our current plan is to have this for both players and NPCs, but we will add an easy mode option to disable it for the player character. Players will be able to continue with a family member if their main character dies.

perhaps smithing renamed to something else, or being its entirely own thing, because

you have all the industries that enable MMO-like job differentiation. No fishing, but things like refining materials, old cloth armor into a new build material for cloth armor, or just give all armor and all weapons an ability to be crafted, arrows, bolts, slings (present im MP)

hopefully smithing is not wooden and iron-only melee and throwing, weapon smith. Thicker heavier armor, shield also, increase, ecrease coverage etc. Weapons of lower-sizes and on the opposite, big ones should perhaps have some differentiation, usually, long 2h weapons sell all too well in the beta for example.

castle donjon, or keep to have manned so all those hoardings mean something - dont make keep a non-defensible position once walls are taken over. Overlapping fields of fire, helping defenders on walls below them. Inside the keep, its entrance should be another hardpoint Currently all I saw with my limited sieging experience, is 1 line of defense with bigger walls and what not, no actual defense value from the main building, the bastion donjon or what. Massive high ground advantage.

1) Enhance formation control / orders and AI unit tactical and individual combat behaviors (use of spears, skirmish line behavior, etc.)
2) Add depth to companions / spouse to include dynamic behaviors and companion recurring quests
3) Add depth to NPC interactions to include dynamic behaviors and quests
4) Enable death by old age, and flesh out the heir system
5) Add content to encourage / reward exploration... e.g. rare items can be discovered walking around villages, battlefields after fight, towns, castles
6) Add additional (especially unique/ high tier) weapons, armors.
7) Decapitations, gore

1) NPCs will marry each other over time
2) Children and heir system works better
3) Smith stats save on crafted weapons as well as being able to craft bows/shields/armor

1) Longer peace and less common wars. I've been in an on-and-off conflict with the Khuzaits and the Western Empire that lasted for about a year or two. When we finally make peace, we are now at war with the Aserai a day later.

2) Feasts. I somewhat feel disconnected from the other lords and ladies of the realm so it would be nice to get to know more about them during a feast.

3) Babymaking should be an optional event. Ira is producing too many kids... :facepalm:

My "pie in the sky" wish is something meaningful with day and night besides how your marching speed changes. I'd love to see setting up camp become a meaningful thing. And perhaps a morale penalty being the big issue if you steal a night march or something. Ultimately, it's probably a bit hard to get the AI to use such a system, thus pie in the sky. But it would be lovely all the same. As it's a bit weird how we can literally march for days straight day and night and there's no real issues. Could also give another reason for 'engineering' to matter if you stop early enough to set up a fortified camp or something. Getting chased by an enemy army? Have time to set up camp? Good for you! Might just make the difference. Or maybe you don't set up camp and steal a march to catch an enemy, but have to deal with their camp (or lack thereof)

Otherwise, agree on bringing back feasts! It was a great way to meet people after a tournament, amongst other things!

And not trying to be rude here, so please don't take it that way, but if you don't like the game they're making and willing to give you, then maybe this isn't the game for you. Warband still exists, and I don't think they set out to remake it.

So I shouldn't want to enjoy the new Mount & Blade, having been a huge fan of every previous Mount & Blade game? The game that actually lists a 'core feature' as being able 'to play the way you want?'

So I shouldn't want a new setting, new physics, new graphics, new features, bigger battles, etc.? I want that. I want an improved Mount & Blade. Imposing new limits on the player in a feature that wasn't listed on the store page, was never integral to series before, and does nothing to help the player means the rest of the game 'isn't for' M&B fans? Ridiculous.

Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Will there be dynasties/families in the game?
Players will be able to have family members and children. Time flows faster in Bannerlord (when compared to Warband) with a year currently set to 84 days (we will probably fine-tune this further before release). Also, you can start the game with siblings, nephews and nieces and they serve as potential heirs as well.

Can the player and/or AI lords permanently die?
Our current plan is to have this for both players and NPCs, but we will add an easy mode option to disable it for the player character. Players will be able to continue with a family member if their main character dies.

Funny enough, none of that is mentioned on either webpage/store front where they are trying to convince people to buy the game. Funnier, player aging death wasn't even considered important enough to be included on Early Access release.

Though that second bullet point gives me some hope I can ignore the new detriment.

So I shouldn't want to enjoy the new Mount & Blade, having been a huge fan of every previous Mount & Blade game? The game that actually lists a 'core feature' as being able 'to play the way you want?'

So I shouldn't want a new setting, new physics, new graphics, new features, bigger battles, etc.? I want that. I want an improved Mount & Blade. Imposing new limits on the player in a feature that wasn't listed on the store page, was never integral to series before, and does nothing to help the player means the rest of the game 'isn't for' M&B fans? Ridiculous.

Funny enough, none of that is mentioned on either webpage/store front where they are trying to convince people to buy the game. Funnier, player aging death wasn't even considered important enough to be included on Early Access release.

Though that second bullet point gives me some hope I can ignore the new detriment.
You as an individual do not make up the entirety of "M&B fans" so don't act like you do. There's plenty of us here that have been fans of the entire series that don't have a problem with them innovating and adding new features. Just because you don't like one of the new features doesn't give you the right to speak on behalf of all fans. You, just like me, are just one individual in the core audience. This might not be the game for you.

And if you were such a "M&B fan" you wouldn't be acting like the dying of old age and heirs system just came out of nowhere and you've been blindsided by it. They've literally made this known since the very first time they started giving any details about the game to the fanbase.

You as an individual do not make up the entirety of "M&B fans" so don't act like you do. There's plenty of us here that have been fans of the entire series that don't have a problem with them innovating and adding new features. Just because you don't like one of the new features doesn't give you the right to speak on behalf of all fans. You, just like me, are just one individual in the core audience. This might not be the game for you.

And if you were such a "M&B fan" you wouldn't be acting like the dying of old age and heirs system just came out of nowhere and you've been blindsided by it. They've literally made this known since the very first time they started giving any details about the game to the fanbase.
I never said it came out of nowhere. There were some mentions of it in developer blogs, but that information has been subject to change in the past. See their Gamescom 2015 footage to where we are now. This information apparently wasn't enough of a 'box feature' to be mentioned on their 'features' list.

Just because they announced something doesn't make it a change that's been accepted by the entire M&B fan base. Even in those forum posts discussing the announcements, there were people who were not liking the idea.

A new M&B game should be for long time fans of the M&B series. Saying otherwise is a little nonsensical. Especially when a core feature advertised on the official website and Steam store page says 'play the way you want.' Just because one new feature might not be enjoyable for some players doesn't mean the many other new or improved features aren't welcomed or desired elements.

M&B has always been flexible for players in options to scale difficulty, controls, battle sizes, etc.. Hopefully it remains that way out of the box. It should be accessible to those who want an experience like the legacy titles. You don't decide what game is for a player, especially long time fans of the series, so don't act like you do.

I like that they are progressing the series and not just making it warband 2.0 although it does feel like that currently. Death and aging is a huge step forward for the series but I understand people don't like change i am sure there will be a way to disable it.

Kingdom features need to be fleshed out and finished. Siege battles and battle times in general need to be fixed. Benny hill style clipping units need to be fixed.

Something id really like to see are more ways to play besides the current merc to vassal to king gameplay loop. Outlaw gameplay is a good example of stuff that could be more fleshed out. Give us outlaw related quests and mechanics so we can be the robber bands we were meant to be. Let us recruit from and form our own bandit lair. Let bandits with high crime rating be able to smuggle into towns through back allies and sewers instead of the main gates so they won't get caught. Instead of a clan we could be a gang. Hire other gangs leaders to raid the country side and generally mess with the political system in calradia. Outlaws could use influence to effect towns loyality and stir up insurrection and unhappiness amongst the population. Possibly start wars between two kingdoms by sending an assassin or something. Go from a gang at tier 2 to a crime syndicate at tier 5. Lots they could do.

I never said it came out of nowhere. There were some mentions of it in developer blogs, but that information has been subject to change in the past. See their Gamescom 2015 footage to where we are now. This information apparently wasn't enough of a 'box feature' to be mentioned on their 'features' list.

Just because they announced something doesn't make it a change that's been accepted by the entire M&B fan base. Even in those forum posts discussing the announcements, there were people who were not liking the idea.

A new M&B game should be for long time fans of the M&B series. Saying otherwise is a little nonsensical. Especially when a core feature advertised on the official website and Steam store page says 'play the way you want.' Just because one new feature might not be enjoyable for some players doesn't mean the many other new or improved features aren't welcomed or desired elements.

M&B has always been flexible for players in options to scale difficulty, controls, battle sizes, etc.. Hopefully it remains that way out of the box. It should be accessible to those who want an experience like the legacy titles. You don't decide what game is for a player, especially long time fans of the series, so don't act like you do.
I'm a long time fan of the series, as are many other people. Dying of old age and heirs don't bother me and a lot of other people. In fact, I find these features refreshing and a nice change of pace. There are long time fans who agree with me. So, this new M&B is for us.

I appreciate that you stretched to try to come up with a jab at the end there, but I never claimed to decide what game is for who. My point, despite your attempt at invalidation, remains... If you can't get over one of the features of the game and you refuse to mod it out (if the option to disable it isn't there, since we don't know yet) and that just ruins the game for you, then that game isn't for you. That's not me deciding it, that's your own sensibilities and taste dictating that.

At the end of the day, it's Tale World's game. They can make it have whatever features they want. And it's up to you whether or not you play it. That's the facts of the matter.

Something id really like to see are more ways to play besides the current merc to vassal to king gameplay loop. Outlaw gameplay is a good example of stuff that could be more fleshed out. Give us outlaw related quests and mechanics so we can be the robber bands we were meant to be. Let us recruit from and form our own bandit lair. Let bandits with high crime rating be able to smuggle into towns through back allies and sewers instead of the main gates so they won't get caught. Instead of a clan we could be a gang. Hire other gangs leaders to raid the country side and generally mess with the political system in calradia. Outlaws could use influence to effect towns loyality and stir up insurrection and unhappiness amongst the population. Possibly start wars between two kingdoms by sending an assassin or something. Go from a gang at tier 2 to a crime syndicate at tier 5. Lots they could do.
I definitely agree, there needs to be more substance and things to do within the system. Certain limitations, like not being able to have an army when you're a merc should really be revisited. The game basically forces you to swear loyalty to one faction or other at some point. And it was a serious let down when I gave the dragon banner to the Sturgian king, and he was very appreciative, but still wouldn't let be a vassal because I was only Clan rank 2. lol

Back
Top Bottom