What Content Do You Want First?

Users who are viewing this thread

I definitely agree, there needs to be more substance and things to do within the system. Certain limitations, like not being able to have an army when you're a merc should really be revisited. The game basically forces you to swear loyalty to one faction or other at some point. And it was a serious let down when I gave the dragon banner to the Sturgian king, and he was very appreciative, but still wouldn't let be a vassal because I was only Clan rank 2. lol

That moment when you get to the Clan rank 3 and decide to go back to being independent, only to realize that you cant create an army and your companion parties will just wander aimlessly around the map instead of helping you take that first settlement.

That moment when you get to the Clan rank 3 and decide to go back to being independent, only to realize that you cant create an army and your companion parties will just wander aimlessly around the map instead of helping you take that first settlement.
I actually started doing a completely Sturgia focused playthrough, where I play a Sturgian and only use Sturgian troops. The first playthrough, Ravangad ruined for me by declaring war on everyone and make it impossibly hard all the time. So when I restarted the playthrough, I decided I was going to stay independent and "live" around Sturgia, but not actually join them. That lasted for about a year in the game, then I realized I needed to be able to make an army. So I ended up joining Sturgia again. But things were going so well this time, I thought there was no way Ravangad could mess it up for me. I didn't ask for any fiefs, because I wanted to maintain some level of independence. Everyone always told me what a fief hoarder Ravangad is, so I thought it wouldn't be an issue as long as I didn't ask for any.

Well, I was running my little task force and keeping the Aserai (not sure how we got started fighting them) and the Kuzait at bay. The Kuzait kept taking Tyal over and over again from the AI. I think because it's right on their border... So I went and recaptured it. And wouldn't you know, that bastard Ravangad gave it to me as my first and only fief. So now I control the city fief that is in the worst strategic location for Sturgia. I'm pretty much going to have to purge a bunch of Kuzait territory in order to make my fief feel safe. lol

I actually started doing a completely Sturgia focused playthrough, where I play a Sturgian and only use Sturgian troops. The first playthrough, Ravangad ruined for me by declaring war on everyone and make it impossibly hard all the time. So when I restarted the playthrough, I decided I was going to stay independent and "live" around Sturgia, but not actually join them. That lasted for about a year in the game, then I realized I needed to be able to make an army. So I ended up joining Sturgia again. But things were going so well this time, I thought there was no way Ravangad could mess it up for me. I didn't ask for any fiefs, because I wanted to maintain some level of independence. Everyone always told me what a fief hoarder Ravangad is, so I thought it wouldn't be an issue as long as I didn't ask for any.

Well, I was running my little task force and keeping the Aserai (not sure how we got started fighting them) and the Kuzait at bay. The Kuzait kept taking Tyal over and over again from the AI. I think because it's right on their border... So I went and recaptured it. And wouldn't you know, that bastard Ravangad gave it to me as my first and only fief. So now I control the city fief that is in the worst strategic location for Sturgia. I'm pretty much going to have to purge a bunch of Kuzait territory in order to make my fief feel safe. lol

All of the kings are fief hoarder. They hate sharing. Taking a fief by storm when your independent is extremely difficult without an army. Just gotta wait around for the other factions to leave one lightly defended after capturing it

1.I'd love to create your own Gang.
2.Becomming an outlaw and being able to create hideouts .

3.Or being able to join Raiders,looters or join smaller minor factions like lakerats

1- Enable death, marriage and having new kids 100% functional for player and AI (it looks like AI Lords are not able to marry and have kids yet).
2- Better interactions with Lords and other NPCs.
3- Be able to become king of existent factions.
4- Rebelions.
5- Diplomacy options when you are king.

6- Make infantry AI less dump in beta 1.1.0 and make NPCs able to blokc incoming attacks again (I know that it is not a new feature but I have the need for complain everywhere about this).

• I know slings and camels are in the game, but in the current patch they're practically nonexistent in singleplayer. I would like to see more options. I want to have a David and goliath moment where I headshot someone with a sling. It would also be more realistic for looters to sling stones rather than just chuck them at us.
  • I want Viking Conquest style sea travel and ship battles again.
  • Last, but certainly not least, since we already have camels, I'd like elephants, with barding options.

I find it a bit odd that you've said "not these things, as they will come in time" then listed a whole load of things that will all obviously be coming in time. Especially the thing with your brother lol

1. Working Peace time and diplomatic options that aren't locked behind perk-wall (It isn't hard to say "Hey, if you let X go, I'll give you fief Y")
  2. A social system that actually works, which is a lot more dynamic and fluid than it currently is. I feel absolutely no need to even read the useless options presented, because none of them are based on what my character would say, or should say to the other character, its purely scripted nonsense with a non-functioning dice roll attached to it.
  3. A correct tiering of clans, and how they function.
  4. A way to establish a Kingdom without having to do the quests.
  5. A way to build armies just from companions, instead of faceless agents.

1. Working Peace time and diplomatic options that aren't locked behind perk-wall (It isn't hard to say "Hey, if you let X go, I'll give you fief Y")
  2. A social system that actually works, which is a lot more dynamic and fluid than it currently is. I feel absolutely no need to even read the useless options presented, because none of them are based on what my character would say, or should say to the other character, its purely scripted nonsense with a non-functioning dice roll attached to it.
  3. A correct tiering of clans, and how they function.
  4. A way to establish a Kingdom without having to do the quests.
  5. A way to build armies just from companions, instead of faceless agents.

4.You can, you just have to be the right clan tier.

I'm wanting things to go in a little different direction...

1. Stop aging
2. Stop mandatory quests for progression - remember Warband?
3. Bring back the Sandbox

People have replied that "Mods can do that". My reply is simple. Who's getting paid to program the game? Are you going to rely on people who make mods to make some simple changes to bring this whole thing back to the roots? Wouldn't it be better for the creators to have more options and make things more open? Why rely on hobbyist programmers to change things that they don't like? Check out the Mods page on Nexus. I think I see a repeating theme on what people are looking for. Bring back Warband to the Bannerlord experience.

Agree on the ability to turn aging off if it becomes a feature. I'm open to exploring it, but I see game playthrough more as the rise and dominance of my hero rather than a more general story. I know, I know... Just kind of how I visualize it. I should probably give the heirs idea a chance. Especially in the harder playthrough of founding my own kingdom which I haven't done yet.

For me:

1) I'm one of THOSE people that likes a nice, rich main quest line in games intended to be open story games. I'd like to see many more steps, some secret locations and NPCs, some duels you have to win and hopefully some cool unique items to be won. I think it would also be cool if it led through a series of gradually larger battles that warranted learning steps in game mechanics -> "Sir, we'll never catch them like this! If you want to rescue your brother we should buy some horses. Even our foot soldiers will move faster with horses to help carry some of our baggage." ...and in typical fashion there should be some huge freakin' battle at the end of it all. I like that the main quest line is a tie in to founding your own kingdom (I understand some people don't, but I love the connection) and I wouldn't mind delaying my ability to do that. I just enjoy that kind of stuff. (Edit: I know many people have the exact opposite opinion so sandbox mode should be an option to skip all of this)

2) Small companion arcs. Maybe certain companions could be flagged as story companions to reduce the dev load and just one or two story lines could be available to start?

3) Fashion. I typically feel I must choose armor based on it's stats (armor vs. weight) and so I'd love it if I had a lot to choose from near the top tier. Basically lots of things with relatively comparable stats that look different. I love the variety in the game, but in practice I find I eventually relinquish really cool looking bear furs and viking style goggle helms in lieu of armor that just has unquestioningly better stats. I hate that the best helmet I've found so far looks (in my subjective opinion) terrible. This relates to...

4) Armor Crafting! I recognize this is a big pull but it would be so fun. I'm thinking one step at time is the way to go. Like perhaps introduce helmet or chest armor crafting only at first and then just continue with updates overtime. Same fashion philosophy as well. Lots of interesting designs to choose from at near equal power levels so players can look cool in whatever their opinion of cool is. :wink:

Edit 5) The ability to form an army within your clan. So that above and it seems very right for taking that first castle independently. :wink:

Last edited:
Just curious what actual new content people would like to see added to the game in the short term. Since we have no roadmap, I figured it would be cool to speculate and make a wish list essentially.

Not bug fixes, crash fixes, optimization, polish, balancing, etc... Those will come in time.

But what new features or additions that aren't currently implemented/working 100% do you want first?

Personally, I want four things.

1.) Enable death by old age, and flesh out the heir system.
2.) Feasts - Bring back feasts so lords attend parties instead of constantly warring. Let me talk to people for some free Relation boost. :smile:
3.) Make spouse a quest giver (when in a keep) that gives you quests to repair relations between two lords, like in Warband.
4.) Add to the main quest that your brother returns with your two younger siblings, so you have a small Clan from the get-go.
Alongside what you've said here which I completely agree with. I'd like to see a bit more political depth internally (faction-wise). I'd like to be able to expand my influence (and/or) lose it do to more subtle political maneuvering, if possible. Versus using just battle to grow your influence, it would be cool if you could use other leveraging methods to grow influence. And to spend it on.
Also I'd like expanded diplomatic options like coalitions, trade agreements, and what not.
Maybe mods will give us this kinda stuff.

Just curious what actual new content people would like to see added to the game in the short term. Since we have no roadmap, I figured it would be cool to speculate and make a wish list essentially.

Not bug fixes, crash fixes, optimization, polish, balancing, etc... Those will come in time.

But what new features or additions that aren't currently implemented/working 100% do you want first?

Personally, I want four things.

1.) Enable death by old age, and flesh out the heir system.
2.) Feasts - Bring back feasts so lords attend parties instead of constantly warring. Let me talk to people for some free Relation boost. :smile:
3.) Make spouse a quest giver (when in a keep) that gives you quests to repair relations between two lords, like in Warband.
4.) Add to the main quest that your brother returns with your two younger siblings, so you have a small Clan from the get-go.

Well, despite your pointing it out, I want the bug fixes and core mechanics to evolve before any new content is added. If the core mechanics aren't developed, any new content will have to be changed to accommodate the updates. That's a sink hole. If you add too much content, then the core mechanics won't be changed.

That said, it was my understanding that death by old age is already a thing - and then you play as one of your children, which is like New Game +. That also said, I've played an embarrassing amount of hours, completed the main storyline (such as it isn't) and have only aged like 3 years, maybe? Currently, it seems like it would take about 10,000 hours of playtime to reach old age (that's hyperbole - maybe).

The friendship system basically doesn't exist as such at this point. I'd like to see this develop, too. All but two of my friends are enemies I let go after battle.

I like the spouse note. I think I may go play Warband.

Yes. Spoiler. The brother, despite what he says at the beginning of the game, disappears and never shows up again. I just assumed that this is something the devs didn't finish and that they threw together the main "storyline" (which absolutely isn't a storyline - it's a single almost impossible quest) just to put something there when they decided to release the game.

Hmm. I didn't add anything new here. Something I mentioned in more detail in another thread is that it'd be nice for dynamic placeholders (areas allowing for random objects) to be put in towns as regional, seasonal, cultural, and owner specific flavor (e.g., banners, décor, etc.). That'd be immersive. Typing of settlements, something to actually do in them would be nice. They're pretty. More interaction with all settlement types and NPCs would be nice. I'm down for the relationship system becoming incredibly deep. I'd like that. How about throwing a variation on the "nemesis" system? Things to do outside of fighting would be nice.

There is no mention of 'aging' on the features page on TaleWorlds official site, or the Steam store page. One of the main features advertised is the ability to 'play the way you want.'

This is a Mount & Blade game. I want to play it like other Mount & Blade games. Raising a family and re-leveling characters does nothing to benefit me, does not interest me, and is nothing more than a waste of time to me.

o0ubs1y.png

If it's such a 'hyped' mechanic/feature, why isn't it listed on the store page on Steam or the official TW Bannerlord site? Why hasn't it been implemented yet, when other new mechanics were apparently core to the Early Access release?

Why you would oppose an option that you can ignore is beyond me. Especially considering that no other M&B game put this restriction on players previously. Again, raising a family and having to re-level an heir is putting time-limits on my playthrough. Either I need to rush, skip content, or invest my real time in doing chores to continue a campaign. I'll pass, thanks.
Because they are very difficult to implement correctly or will not make sense or not work. Sadly we can't see concept.

Back
Top Bottom