What are you reading now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chill stoner girl is reading The Power of Now, she showed me a couple passages. She has a lot of annotations and highlights, and personally I'm more interested in what she's writing since I disagreed with the author pretty quickly. But I really didn't give him a fair chance.

sounds like a load of spiritualistic crap. she is probably the worst person ever and you should fall in love with her and live a terrible life with her forever

Just finished Perkeros by JP Ahonen and KP Alare. It's a graphic novel about a avant-garde metal band (bass player is 600 year old man and drummer is a actual bear). Well, things escalated quickly towards the end of the book.

Unrelated to the discussion in What made you laugh today?, I started reading Mein Kampf. Personally I find it much more inspiring than Chill Stoner Girl's The Power of Now. Although when I brought it up, Chill Stoner Girl did offer some interesting information on the widespread use of the Helvetica font.

Vraelomon said:
Unrelated to the discussion in What made you laugh today?, I started reading Mein Kampf. Personally I find it much more inspiring than Chill Stoner Girl's The Power of Now. Although when I brought it up, Chill Stoner Girl did offer some interesting information on the widespread use of the Helvetica font.
did you receive your SS uniform from the mail yet?

RabbleKnight said:
Vraelomon said:
did you receive your SS uniform from the mail yet?
Better burn his copy of Mein Kampf rabble, it's the only way to be safe.  :fruity:

Vraelomon said:
You don't want something as neutral as Helvetica when you're reading something as biased as Mein Kampf.  :iamamoron:

crodio said:
found a Quijote for less than three dollah.
a ****ing new 1000 page doorstopah for 40 spic monis.  started reading it today
fugg

I have to visit my library, they sell books for nothing from time to time.

"The Eye of Argon" by Jim Theis. Oh, dear.
    "From where do you come barbarian, and by what are you called?" Gasped the complying wench, as Grignr smothered her lips with the blazing touch of his flaming mouth.

The engrossed titan ignored the queries of the inquisitive female, pulling her towards him and crushing her sagging nipples to his yearning chest. Without struggle she gave in, winding her soft arms around the harshly bronzedhide of Grignr corded shoulder blades, as his calloused hands caressed her firm protruding busts.

Morbid curiosity, I just found out it existed. Also because I'm past the time where English classes were a thing, and this... thing is like a vocabulary quiz.
Last, but not least, it makes me feel better for the "book" I started writing when I was 15. It was still rubbish by design, but Lord, was it a lot less rubbish than this. A lot less funny as well, though.

I'm currently reading Bonk by Mary Roach. It's a book about the science of sex. Very interesting and funny. She has a TED talk too.

Back
Top Bottom