What are you reading now?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am nearly finishing Brave new World by Aldous Huxley, it has been a really interesting read, the whole idea of how they used drugs and how they create people to go to individual cast, to do certain jobs, all of that is pretty cool, the whole talk about what is humanity and what is happiness is also really cool

Do not regret stealing this book from my school's library

Cordor said:
I am nearly finishing Brave new World by Aldous Huxley, it has been a really interesting read, the whole idea of how they used drugs and how they create people to go to individual cast, to do certain jobs, all of that is pretty cool, the whole talk about what is humanity and what is happiness is also really cool

Do not regret stealing this book from my school's library
I felt when I first read it, since it was one of the first real books I read for entertainment, that the prologue dragged on in confusing complexity. But upon rereading it was much easier and is a great book.

Read the first 4 books from Karen Traviss Republic Commando saga this past week. God they are freaking awesome, and it made me hate disney and the 3d clone wars(which is complete **** imo) show even more for ..nullifying it. Its basically unforgivable what they did to the clones(inhibitor chip) and specially to the mandalorians (from kal skirata, walon vau and fenn shyza to mother****ing satine so obi wan could get a love interest).

Working on The Wealth of Nations. From a historical perspective it's very interesting, and it's fun to see how the English language has developed in relation to the concepts discussed in the book. But, seeing as my interest in the actual subject matter is rather casual, the detail that the text goes into is admittedly somewhat tiresome. :lol:

The Wine-Dark Sea, Stephen O'Brian
16th book in the series, five to go after this one.

The sixth ****ing book where they're in pursuit of a certain mission and they're still not where they need to be to even start.
Getting some serious Jordan/Wheel of Time flashbacks here. Well no, that's not fair, there's stuff happening all the time.

picked a random book
Argie author. 1880~
starts with a stupid description of Buenos Aires on a rainy day. then introduces a doctor going to the stock exchange. instantly it starts whining about the (((financial scum))) and dirty Turks with their red Fezes, disgusting Spaniards and so on. just 10 pages in.
what a piece of ****

crodio said:
starts with a stupid description of Buenos Aires on a rainy day. then introduces a doctor going to the stock exchange. instantly it starts whining about the (((financial scum))) and dirty Turks with their red Fezes, disgusting Spaniards and so on. just 10 pages in.

That escalated quickly.

crodio said:
picked a random book
Argie author. 1880~
what a piece of ****

Sounds like a good read.

Back
Top Bottom