SP Musket Era [WFaS] English Civil War

Users who are viewing this thread

Black Watch 1745 said:
NPC99 said:
Dazzer said:
Are you going to implement any new battlecries?

Sound has been sadly neglected so far. I've only culled WFaS's Eastern European sound clips. I have no talent for voice acting.
  I recorded a few Royalist and Parliamentarian ones for our mod you could use, they are not the best quality but they might be of some use.

Thanks, that's a very kind offer. Now, I just need some gaelic ones to complete the set. :grin:

That reminds me. I also have to sort out triggers for bagpipe and drum music when such musicians are close enough to the player.

Thanks to a kind donation from Black Watch 1745 and the Pike & Shotte team, I can replace my amateur Montero caps with decent meshes.  :grin:

y-Kaf.jpg

Credits updated in the OP

YourStepDad said:
Oh my YEEES. That looks absolutely spiffy, wow.

Will you replace all the vanilla native icon maps eventually?

I'll continue to fiddle with the world map. I've reverted to Warband icons for most towns and castles to avoid an Eastern European look. The WFaS european towns & castles are too chunky for general use in a UK setting.
My next map priority is to dot about some isolated farm houses, churches and mansions to make it feel more populated.

There is an OSP pack that uses icons somewhat more fitting for 17th century England. I could look for it if you wish. I know English and French towns use it in AD1257. Methinks they would be pretty fitting for 17th century ECW. Well, more fitting than what vanilla has anyway.

Dazzer said:
Would it be possible to make soldiers in battle walk rather than run?

Doesn't WFAS already slow down units when they move in formation? I believe they simulated the pace of pike and shotte armies rather nicely with that, within the constraints of gameyness. Granted, units still charge which breaks that but it doesn't break immersion terribly. Stock WFAS does justice to pike & shotte warfare, even if there are indeed no pike squares to speak of.

YourStepDad said:
Dazzer said:
Would it be possible to make soldiers in battle walk rather than run?

Doesn't WFAS already slow down units when they move in formation? I believe they simulated the pace of pike and shotte armies rather nicely with that, within the constraints of gameyness. Granted, units still charge which breaks that but it doesn't break immersion terribly. Stock WFAS does justice to pike & shotte warfare, even if there are indeed no pike squares to speak of.
Really? I always thought they charge straight into you and get massacred

Sometimes it is that. and sometimes they move ahead slowly and even fire volleys, then move ahead slowly some more. I think the AI does risk assess and doesn't charge head on if your forces are of similar strength.

If the AI outnumbers you, it does make some sense that they will charge.

I implemented Motomataru's formations within PBOD. So regular forces' AI is less dumb, but bandits still charge as per Warband.

You can select a square for a pike block and set a destination in the orders panel. The pikes will then walk to this destination & try to defend that point on the map. If they meet enemy forces en route, they will attempt to push/fight through as they are still trying to get to their target destination. At any point that they are ordered to charge, formations dissolve and Warband AI takes over.

Back
Top Bottom