OSP 2D Art Wei Xiadi's Armour Project (Version 1.2a - No Errors!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Fei Dao said:
Wei.Xiadi said:
Credits: Wei Xiadi (me)

Wei Xiadi - you need to credit the authors of the Tripartition (苍龙三国) models you re-textured.

Info on the Tripartition (苍龙三国) Mod can be found in this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,33188.0.html
You will have to ask some of the team members to figure out who to credit for the models you used.

If you're basing this off of the Screenshots, then rest assured that the TRI armours HAVE NOT been included.  I took the picture to show other mods the sort of texturing abilities I have.  I have however taken the initiative to remove any models that may not be the property of Mount n Blade and left them out of the mod.

As for everyone elses comments, I appreciate everything you have said.  Some constructive criticism would however, be appreciated.  I love to hear people enjoy my work, but some pointers are always nice so that I may get better and better.

Regards
Wei Xiadi

I just found the issue.  The BRF was used in a mod where I'd made a material and texture named lamellar_armour_new_g.  I've deleted the entries and here is the new download.  Alternatively, if you don't want to download the fix, you may go into the wei.xiadi's brf, go into material and delete the entry named 'lamellar_armour_b_new_g, you will also have to delete the same entry in the textures tab.

I'm sorry for this oversight, I'll have to go through the brf more thouroughly in the future.

Here is the new download link: Wei Xiadi's Armour Project V1.1b

Sorry for the Inconvenience.  But thank you for telling me.

Updated again.  I'd made a series of mistakes when I'd last uploaded.  Now it's a fully functioning armour pack.  Just install it into the Native module and play.

My next project will be plate-mails/surcoats/chain mail and landmass re-textures.

Great work.  As for some constructive criticism, I think you could definitely stand to add a little more color to your work.  The textures are superb, but most of your armor looks a little drab color-wise, although perhaps you intended it to be that way for realism (I'm not sure).

I would love to see you work on some garb and armor for a desert-faring people.  I did like your one piece of Persian/Indian themed armor quite a lot.  It had a nice color scheme as well ;o)

Wei.Xiadi said:
I just found the issue.  The BRF was used in a mod where I'd made a material and texture named lamellar_armour_new_g.  I've deleted the entries and here is the new download.  Alternatively, if you don't want to download the fix, you may go into the wei.xiadi's brf, go into material and delete the entry named 'lamellar_armour_b_new_g, you will also have to delete the same entry in the textures tab.

I'm sorry for this oversight, I'll have to go through the brf more thouroughly in the future.

Here is the new download link: Wei Xiadi's Armour Project V1.1b

Sorry for the Inconvenience.  But thank you for telling me.

No problem, did confuse me a bit though  :grin:

I'll give it another go.

Thanks for including the compatible item_kinds1 by the way, makes it so much quicker to get working.

Edit: Still getting errors:

Unable to find mesh Kushan_new_scaled_armour
Unable to find mesh hard_leather_a_b_cb
Unable to find mesh Kushan_Cloth
Unable to find mesh Kushan_armour

Just fount out why these errors exist.

My friend made the items_kind file and it is seriously messed up, I think i've fixed every RGL error, I just played native and I picked up the majority of the armour.

Edit: I also fixed a few of the armours shaders, again - this need more work to get the correct 'feel' I'm looking for, but it'll certainly suffice for now.

Thanks everyone for their thoughts.  I'm not the greatest at the whole 'adding things into the game' I just stay on photoshop half of the time. :grin: But i'll get there. ^^

Okay, so there is a new patch, version 1.2a :grin:

Download Link: Wei Xiadi's Armour Project V1.2a

Once I get everything sorted out and under control, I can resume my landscape texturing. xD

try a new game and see if you get the same error, i had to delete lines/change entries.  I'll try and run it again to see if i get the same error.

Bah, still having problems, think it's because I saved without thinking while using the previous version and so some of the old buggy items were still in sellers inventories on the savegame, set all of the ones in the item_kids1 file to no longer appear + waited a few days until they'd all cleared out,  but it's still giving me the error with the new version of the mod..  :neutral:

I got a rgl error too. It say can't find hard_leather_a_b_cb and hard_lthr_ab mesh. Skip it and there are these items in the merchant that didn't have pictures on it : Red Cur Bouilli and Cur Bouilli

Your itemkinds1.txt, some of the entry that you may want to look at

itm_black_cuir_bouilli Cuir_Bouilli Cuir_Bouilli 1  hard_lthr_ab 0  16842765 0 3100 704643236 24.000000 100 0 52 15 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_red_cuir_bouilli Red_Cuir_Bouilli Red_Cuir_Bouilli 1  hard_leather_a_b_cb 0  16842765 0 3710 704643236 23.000000 100 0 51 16 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I'm playing Native module with itemkinds1txt compatible version

Edit: Still getting errors:
Unable to find mesh Kushan_new_scaled_armour
Unable to find mesh hard_leather_a_b_cb
Unable to find mesh Kushan_Cloth
Unable to find mesh Kushan_armour
I got a rgl error too. It say can't find hard_leather_a_b_cb and hard_lthr_ab mesh. Skip it and there are these items in the merchant that didn't have pictures on it : Red Cur Bouilli and Cur Bouilli

Your itemkinds1.txt, some of the entry that you may want to look at

itm_black_cuir_bouilli Cuir_Bouilli Cuir_Bouilli 1  hard_lthr_ab 0  16842765 0 3100 704643236 24.000000 100 0 52 15 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_red_cuir_bouilli Red_Cuir_Bouilli Red_Cuir_Bouilli 1  hard_leather_a_b_cb 0  16842765 0 3710 704643236 23.000000 100 0 51 16 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I'm playing Native module with itemkinds1txt compatible version
I got these errors too... Any idea how to fix it? Nice work btw!!!

JDeNef13

replace this with this.
itm_red_cuir_bouilli Red_Cuir_Bouilli Red_Cuir_Bouilli 1  hard_lthr_a_b_cb 0  16842765 0 3710 704643236 23.000000 100 0 51 16 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I'm not sure about the black Cuir Bouilli in the file Wei sent the mesh is still called hard_lthr_ab.

Back
Top Bottom