Weak Horses?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was wondering why my horsie always stops when i run into an enemy?
I remember that in warband i can crush a line of inf with my warhorse and just got slowed down by hitting them.
Anybody know why the horses are so weak now?

I think the shooting of horses is not the problem, because nothing is funnier to see than a cavalary attack got gun downed by my men^^.

But that all the horses just stop when they hit a men is just unbeliveable. If anyone ever deal with horses they know that even the smallest pony have more power than a strongest human.
Thats the reason why cars run on horsepower not on human powers.  :mrgreen:

It's because the authors of the mod have reduced the 'charge' stat on all the horses to next to nothing.  I am not quite sure why.

M&B has never really properly modelled warhorses which were trained to kick and trample.  In a crowd, a warhorse would kick the living crap out of people and kill people who had fallen down by crushing them with their hooves.

Warhorses were terrifying weapons, something which M&B has never really addressed, and this mod apparently treats worse.

Actually, I'm positively surprised at how durable the heavy cavalry horses are, and not just because the AI conveniently doesn't gun them down on purpose...

I'd also suppose that adding in higher charge damage would make cavalry charges against pikes too effective - the AI will almost exclusively target the first couple of horses, the rest could then ride down the pikemen at their leisure...

That said, heavy troop horses and heavy thoroughbreds do a decent enough job of not just knocking infantry about, but hurting them in the process - not that it matters much, as you shouldn't be charging heavy infantry/pikes (most of your cavalry carries firearms for dealing with those), but either enemy horse or shot. And just the slightest knock is sufficient to ruin a musketeers day...

The mix of much slower speed (most of them dont have even 40 speed  :roll:) with the next-to-null charge, plus little armor and HP makes them a bit weird to be fair.

maybe mounted horses are underpowered but dismounted horses are just annoying as hell!!!
if there i a whole open field, they just crash right into my infantry formation without any reason and noone tries to stop them!!! If i dismount my horse inside my wagon fortress, he already goes wild when enemy's are within 20 meters and breaks my halbardier formation leaving a huge gap

Back
Top Bottom