MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Warhammer 40k: Battle for the Imperium ALPHA v3 RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

As for the Krieg skull masks being white, they were generally gunmetal, like everything else. Less experienced Citizens sometimes confused them with the Necron.

Not something worth debating over, just putting it out there.

Hi there.

To answer your questions: I am taking a great many ideas from Vraks siege. Lots of materials, color schemes and great art in general. At the same time there are some absolutely amazing miniatures on the Internet so that's another major source. There's a lot of stuff to be developed so I follow a general guidline and I will definitely in the end create a completely new Krieg regiment. Modularity of my textures allows for that quite nicely so we will see in how it turns out.

Take a look here for instance, quartermaster Babel is fabulous isn't he. ( I suggest flipping through the all dozen of pages it's worth it)

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?126013-%E2%80%9CDEATH%E2%80%99S-HEAD%E2%80%9D-3rd-Krieg-Tank-Division-Titan-Hunter-Detachment/page6

Here's a little update, this time for Death Rider / Officer. Note that there's a normal map applied to some stuff such as plate and belts and some general specular highlighting. The result is not very clean but this is just to test how it looks roughly. This model/equipment will require some more elaboration but it's 90% finished. So is Engineer - I am going to post some shots later this day or tomorrow hopefully.

osVck.jpg

N.

Yeah, Babel is looking pretty badass.

Also, the armor looks a tad too...New, if you know what I mean. Should look like it has received a proper battering IMO.

Will the Chaos cult used be a specific cult or just a general faction? And will Cadia and Krieg be different factions?

Thanks guys for feedback. As I said it's just a quick test if the general shape and texture holds. I will scratch and mess up the plate and the rest of equipment, it's something I am prone to do :smile:. It should feel like there's a war going for some time and that should show on things. It's way easier to make models clean but this is WH40K and there's only war right?

Considering factions: We currently have Cadia and Krieg sides for IG. He've yet to test how to implement them (class and equipment wise) but one of ideas is to make 2 maps, both distinct and fitting for either Kriegs or Cadia. Blood pact is Chaos Undivided atm. I think it's very likely we will test and release it as such. Hopefully we will diversify the Chaos side later on. One of my twisted dreams can see a brutish Chaos Ogryn on rampage through IG line (I have the 3d concept roughed out but I will not spent any more tine on it since it's unusable at the moment).

Considering game types: Personally I'd like to make a mod that's faster paced and with preferably an objective game play. Something along Battlefield Conquest (just an example of course). This doesn't put TDM off the table of course, far from it actually, only it's in the nature of the IG themed game to struggle for some "real" objective (be it a command tower, or a statue of a saint) and it gives a game more real and tight setting. Also I'd like to see a horde mode where a few valiant soldiers will defend against the waves of enemies, but time will show.

It all takes a time of course, so if you're interested and have a skill and will to contribute we will welcome you gladly. We need 3D artists the most at the moment.

N. 

That sounds good, maybe there could be three Empire faction: The Empire, Cadia and Krieg. With the Empire allowing troops from all available subfactions. Maybe Battlefield Conquest without respawns would be interesting?

Austupaio said:
As for the Krieg skull masks being white, they were generally gunmetal, like everything else. Less experienced Citizens sometimes confused them with the Necron.

Not something worth debating over, just putting it out there.

Actually, the excat line is something like ''no far worst''
That book was depressingly awesome.

Nunajs said:
Hi there.

To answer your questions: I am taking a great many ideas from Vraks siege. Lots of materials, color schemes and great art in general. At the same time there are some absolutely amazing miniatures on the Internet so that's another major source. There's a lot of stuff to be developed so I follow a general guidline and I will definitely in the end create a completely new Krieg regiment. Modularity of my textures allows for that quite nicely so we will see in how it turns out.

Take a look here for instance, quartermaster Babel is fabulous isn't he. ( I suggest flipping through the all dozen of pages it's worth it)

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?126013-%E2%80%9CDEATH%E2%80%99S-HEAD%E2%80%9D-3rd-Krieg-Tank-Division-Titan-Hunter-Detachment/page6

Here's a little update, this time for Death Rider / Officer. Note that there's a normal map applied to some stuff such as plate and belts and some general specular highlighting. The result is not very clean but this is just to test how it looks roughly. This model/equipment will require some more elaboration but it's 90% finished. So is Engineer - I am going to post some shots later this day or tomorrow hopefully.

osVck.jpg

N.

Just keeps getting better and better :grin:

Ok, it's been some time without an update.

I've been sick for a couple of days so new renders will come this friday and during the weekend. I am just polishing Krieg soldiers and adding a new stuff as I study the reference. I will definitely be moving from them to map assets and weapons in short time.

As for voice acting we don't have anything planned at the moment so NO for that. It would be a nice feature, but it's hardly on top of our list of things to be done as you can imagine. So maybe in the future, but if somebody volunteers to record the voices we will accept them gladly. :smile:

The rest of the team has not been lazy too so we will hopefully have a lot more content coming very soon.

N.

Would it be allowed to use voices from a actual game? Seeing that the things in this mod are already from a copyrighted source. Would ensure good voices. (DoW comes to mind)

Back
Top Bottom