SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

Epicrules said:
It's better to have no voice acting than bad voice acting, in my opinion (not that it matters). I'm not saying you'd be a bad voice-actor, of course, just generally speaking.
Totally agreed, plus I often personally prefer written dialouge. I can read it at my own pace, skip it without it being akward, and play music while I play easily.

IMHO most of armors looks good but I personally don't like daedric one. It looks like alloy of iron and blood. Or armor contaminated with blood.

It don't remind any TES daedric armor...

Daedric armor from last 3 TES games:
Skyrim: http://lmc.gatech.edu/~cpearce3/lcc4725/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SR-item-Daedric_Armor_Male.jpg
Oblivion: http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/9/90/DaedricArmor.jpg
Morrowind: http://members.shaw.ca/rado907/armor/heavy/mor-daedarmor.jpg

Also need to be said that daedric armors looks very "painfull". There are a lot of sharp curves and vertices.
I can't say the same about your version sadly :sad:

Byamarro said:
Daedric armor from last 3 TES games:
Skyrim: http://lmc.gatech.edu/~cpearce3/lcc4725/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SR-item-Daedric_Armor_Male.jpg
Oblivion: http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/9/90/DaedricArmor.jpg
Morrowind: http://members.shaw.ca/rado907/armor/heavy/mor-daedarmor.jpg

I think the Oblivions or Morrowind version looks best.
Skyrim deadric armour look a little bit too much cosplay-ish. Morrowind looks the most intimidating

Byamarro said:
BTW there was 3 versions of daedric helmet in Morrowind:
http://images.uesp.net/thumb/1/1b/MW-item-Daedric_Armor.jpg/395px-MW-item-Daedric_Armor.jpg

That is one of the reasons I like Morrowind's Daedric armor the best, though I only ever really put it on display in my home...my invariably Nord characters always preferred furs, or the occasional Ringmail over basic clothes.

Oblivion:
Ebony is the principle component, but at the opportune moment a daedra heart must be thrown into the fire.[4] Daedric Armor glows red at night, just like Glass armor which glows green at night.

Skyrim:

True to its predecessors, Daedric Armor design is demonic in appearance with a several spikes protruding from various parts of the body. Sections of the armor glow red in dark areas; this does not, however, affect sneaking.

You could make some smart specular map for red parts of daedric armor so it would look like it "glows".

@all who commented on the voice acting thing. It was a joke :grin: i wasn't serious, Ive only seen a few mods with voices in them like POP, which fit in really well. I know there's plenty of people with better voices then me who'd volunteer  :lol:

MightyELO said:
PHEW!  Finally read through the thread!

I have got to say that I am really looking forward to this mod.  While I have only played Oblivion, the Elder Scrolls lore and world has always fascinated me.  There are just a few things that I would like to ask/comment.

I am a little confused on how this is going to play.  I remember some discussion about it being more quest related rather than making your own kingdom like in a standard Mount and Blade campaign.  What do you mean by that?

I like the idea of treating spells like Javelins. Using the "X" button to go through a different kinds of spells depending on what staff/wand/magic glove you are wearing.  Do you have ideas on how to handle ice and fire spells?

I am really looking forward to seeing the beast characters (argonians and Khajits).  I understand it is going to be very difficult to create them, I wish there was a way I could help.

As for features, the only thing I hope you will include is some of the stuff that the Floris mod does with campanions.  You can have companions hold equipment, learn from books, talk to them in the camp, etc.  I also like that the can follow you in cities, towns, castles, taverns, etc.  They actually feel like companions.

Lastly, what are you planning to do about voices?  Are you going to use clips from Elder Scroll games, or going to ask for voice actors?

Keep up the great work!!

Oh I was not talking about fulling voiced moments (though that maybe neat if the actors are good).  What I was talking about was for the simple and short voices given in the original Mount and Blade Warband.  There is not really much dialogue.  Only single sentences, commands, shouts, and screams.  That what I was talking about.  For example, when a bandit says "your money or your life", will it stay the same or should it be something different?

Probably more importantly, should their be different voices depending on race and gender?  Such as Argonians and Khajits?

Yes indeedy. Lots of schoolwork though so nowhere near as much as I'd like to. I should be work-free by the 21-23rd however, and my school won't start up for a few weeks.

My project for the end of December/early jan is to get the race head models done, and maybe take a chunk out of the body models. (orcs, argonians, khajiits, etc) and get that imperial city model onto the world map.. then maybe porting in some more WoTE weapons, and getting some more of poison courtesans stuff in. My school is over (period) in April so until then work will be off and on whenever I get time... and I might make some environment stuff for school that can be re-purposed for the mod

Though in the mean time here's a dual project I did.

8lrpGn.png

Will break that up and bake it down/reposition it onto a new warband-grade mesh sometime soon

Hypno Toad said:
My school is over (period) in April
Lucky. :razz:

Anyway, that armor looks really good, and it's good to know you're still working on the mod! :grin:

Yeah its only a one year modelling/animation program and it's 2/3 done, so once it's over that'll give me the time and experience to push my end of the mod out. This project is my exercise/trial run for independent game development, and I intend to at least see it through the point of being a good and playable mod before I move on to other stuff. Don't worry about it :cool:

Hypno Toad said:
Yeah its only a one year modelling/animation program and it's 2/3 done, so once it's over that'll give me the time and experience to push my end of the mod out. This project is my exercise/trial run for independent game development, and I intend to at least see it through the point of being a good and playable mod before I move on to other stuff. Don't worry about it :cool:

2 Questions:
1) Where can I find this?
2) Does it cost money?

I really need to learn 3d modeling. :lol:

Hypno Toad said:
Yes indeedy. Lots of schoolwork though so nowhere near as much as I'd like to. I should be work-free by the 21-23rd however, and my school won't start up for a few weeks.

My project for the end of December/early jan is to get the race head models done, and maybe take a chunk out of the body models. (orcs, argonians, khajiits, etc) and get that imperial city model onto the world map.. then maybe porting in some more WoTE weapons, and getting some more of poison courtesans stuff in. My school is over (period) in April so until then work will be off and on whenever I get time... and I might make some environment stuff for school that can be re-purposed for the mod

Though in the mean time here's a dual project I did.

8lrpGn.png

Will break that up and bake it down/reposition it onto a new warband-grade mesh sometime soon
Fantastic work!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

The Dark Robin said:
2 Questions:
1) Where can I find this?
2) Does it cost money?

Well it's post secondary so yes it costs money. Generally art schools and tech schools will offer short certificate programs

I've heard that some highschools also have entry level 3d art as elective classes... probably because open source software packs such a whollop now.  I had no such priveledge when I went to high school :mad:

You can a free non-comercial liscense for max if you're a student and who isn't right :wink: and yeah my high scho has prohram in 3d art and game design, im lucky. Model looks amazing btw. It suprised me the other day, the vaegir elite armor looks kind of morrowind-esk. Could be repurposed maybe.

Honestly I wouldn't get bogged down in trying to use commercial student software. If you're a hobbyist or a freelance artist you should just download Blender. You get completely unrestricted rights to the software and you don't have to pay anything or jump through hoops to get it. It was ten years behind soft/max/maya in development (started development 10 years after), but considering how rapidly it's caught up (and surpassed them in areas) I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's an industry standard piece of software within the next 5 years.

Closed-circuit 3000 dollar software packages and Mental Ray can only compete for so long with a program that's completely free, has virtually no end user restrictions, and is sporting an unbiased path tracing renderer that has full GPU integration.

The nightmare fuel contained within the autodesk EULA was enough to scare me away from using the student version of Maya to build this mod.

6.3: "Work product and other data created with Licensed Materials made available under certain License Types, may contain certain notices and limitations that make the work product and other data usable only in certain circumstances."

6.3: "In addition, if Licensee combines or links work product or other data created with such Licensed Materials with work product or other data otherwise created, then such other work product or data may also be affected by these notices and limitations.

Back
Top Bottom