SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

MightyELO said:
Such as I would think that using many elements from the Floris Mod would greatly benefit the game (and also help speed up it's creation).
And make it even more insanely heavy.

MightyELO said:
So I did some reading on the Elder Scrolls Wiki pages.  Since this takes place during the reign of Uriel Septium it gives of plenty of lore, characters, history, etc.  They will still have to be typed up (unless some of them can be copy and pasted).

I wonder if it is possible to import files from Oblivion/Skryim Mods, such as audio files, models, etc.  I know that using audio files from the original game may cause copyright issues (unless we can get permission or something).  However, I wonder what the policy on using files that other people made for Oblivion/Skyrim, or even if the files (such as mod created armor or swords) can be imported into Mount and Blade.  Such as if someone made a sword in Blender for Oblivion/Skyrim.  Could that same model be used in Mount and Blade?

Lastly, I am a little confused on the rules when it comes to using resources from other Mount and Blade Mods.  I see lots of mods powering elements from other mods, but you can't steal mods.  I am assuming you either have to receive permission or give credit to the original modder.  Such as I would think that using many elements from the Floris Mod would greatly benefit the game (and also help speed up it's creation).
For non M&B mods (e.g skyrim mods) you would have to have permission from the mod creator, and you would have to make sure that no part of the content you were using was made by Bethesda, in other words it would have to be entirely fan made (the mesh, the texture everything). Also skyrim models are generally a lot higher poly than those used in M&B so you are likely to run into performance issues.

Mods made for M&B: you would again have to have permission from the mod creator, unless the mod is stated as OSP.

Regarding the list you posted about how people can help, I would argue that to help out in the mod you either have to be able to a) model/texture,  b) code  or c) create scenes. If you are unable to do any of these then there is very little you can add to the mod.

Hate to be a pain but when will this be released as an alpha/beta/anything? It looks amazing and I really want to play it.    :smile:

Would it be possible for you guys to add Daedric Artifacts through Unique Quests you can find out in the world. Would be pretty cool.

That looks absolutely incredible. Is there somewhere (forgive me if you have already posted a place) that I can download a functional beta and try out what you have already done? I am psyched.

What Era is this to take place in? (sorry if you already stated this) It would be realy cool to see it in the time frame of TESO but....... not suck like TESO kinda did. Or even have it take place at the end of the third era ( which is what it looks like) and have it set up like The Last Days of the Third Age. Where you gotta help the empire or any of the races close the gates of oblivion.

Any way im shure what ever you do will be just fantastic XD

Well, he did say he spoke to him last time he was online, and I think he means online as in online here on the TW forums. So I don't think he has actually communication with him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom