SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

Glad to see you're back on it. I think making a version for Warband would be prudent: it could be a year or more until we see Bannerlord, and even then it will be constantly being updated whereas Warband is in a pretty stable state atm. Adding new mechanics and such will also be easier as we have a bank of information for modding Warband. The mod is also single player, so it matters less about trying to keep up with the newest game. Your call though! who knows, maybe they could announce Bannerlord this fall...

Yes, to clarify warband is still the goal for now since we know next to nothing of Bannerlords release time, or what state it will be in for modding.

However with that said, modelling and texturing *priority* is going to be put into things that will be easy to port over (ie; world model and texture assets) rather than rigs/skeletons and armors build to warband body proportions, since those will be very messy to port.

In the long-run by the time enough assets are done to have this be a nearly "total conversion" (well, as much as is possible by warband stanards) bannerlord will probably be out and warband will be relegated to being very low traffic, much like M&B: original is now. It simply doesn't make sense to put in thousands of hours of work into something that very few people will play in the lognrun :neutral:

Hey Hypno Toad, long time no see. Makes sense, actually gonna do the same with my mod. I'll see if I can contribute anything more in the future, has been a while.

Not really. You may not catch the interest of old folk, those who are in competitive scene for years and people around the forums for years. However, I must say there is a big chunk of people around who are new to the mods and eager to try them. I notice that specially in Turkish board, there is a great number of people still playing any mod they can find.

Reddit is a great example for that.

Cool, I really liked the armors you were making but it seems like they would be easier to add on later on after all the world and gameplay stuff. I just want to ride around Tamriel and chop elves again. This seems like a step in the right direction.

I was thinking, would it be possible to add a sneak skill that increases your chance of disguising into towns? It seems like it'd be a perfect fit for this. I'm not sure how the calculation works.

spyczech said:
I was thinking, would it be possible to add a sneak skill that increases your chance of disguising into towns? It seems like it'd be a perfect fit for this. I'm not sure how the calculation works.

Silverstag has an ability system which allows you to unlock a "stealthy" attribute, which makes the player + party much less likely to be detected by hostile parties (effect increases with Pathfinder + Tracker skills)

It is great to hear that work on this is still going.  I am really looking forward to this mod.

Now, I am a little bit of a 3D modeler myself.  Maybe I could help making some stuff.  Though just to let you know, I do have a full-time job.  I am still learning the ropes.  But if you would like me to make some simple stuff, then I could help with that.

*Edit*

I just read the first post about contributing models to the game.  I do have a couple of questions.  I know that we are not allowed to use textures from the Elder Scrolls series, but could I use textures from websites that provide free textures?  I am not sure

Also, is there a list of the models that have been already made?  What would be great if you guys could make a list of models you would like to be made so that people can see what they contribute.  For ones you are working on yourself, you can write next to it (currently in progress) or something.

Modder223 said:
things arent lookin good it says that toad was last on on june 24th.. i think this mod is going downhill to being dead o_O

That is what I am worried about.  However, keep in mind, they are doing this for fun.  It is not a full time job.  They do have other priorities.  Yet I am still worried about the mod's future.  I really would like to see this mod completed.

However, I am concerned that this project maybe a little too big.  I am thinking that it would help out the team if the community helped out.  Not just in suggestions and good ideas, but actually creating stuff.  A person does not have to submit 3D models to help out (though that would be great), but in other ways, too.  Some of these could be...

-Names of characters. (lords, peasants, types of soldiers, etc)
-Names of weapons and armor (self explanatory)
-Names of unique items (books, types of food, loot, etc)

Some other examples could be...
-Dialogue (for characters, lords, merchants, etc)
-Lore/History (what is the history of the a town, of the land, castle, etc.  What is the history of each region?)
-Background (for a players character they are creating and for the back story of each race, person, etc)

For artwork related, but do not know how to
-Artwork (artwork maybe a little bit tricky.  Because of copy right and all.  A person can draw something else.  Or ask other artists if they can use fan art, etc)
-Sprites for items inventory (they should be unique to each weapon and armor)

And for more technical individuals
-Tech trees of military units (types of military units have been suggested before, but I don't believe a tech-tree has been submitted)

It would also be great if there was a "to-do-list"  where task are checked off as either "in progress" or "completed".  I wonder if this project could be put on Trello...

Also, I don't know how well known this mod is.  I feel that if it had more community awareness it would help. Is there an article on it on mount and blade nexus website?  What about the Skyrim website?  What other websites would be good to post this on to increase awareness (elder scroll related websites?)

What do you guys think?

Names, artwork, lore and history can be found at the Elder Scrolls Wiki. Items don't need sprites for inventory (there's some sort of self-generating image system). The only tricky thing the team might need are dialogues.

Volkodav said:
Well, not tricky, no. They just need a skilled writer who's also a fan of TES. Such a person shouldn't be too hard to find.

Sounds like you're indirectly volunteering yourself for the job. Lol.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Names, artwork, lore and history can be found at the Elder Scrolls Wiki. Items don't need sprites for inventory (there's some sort of self-generating image system). The only tricky thing the team might need are dialogues.

Oh, I did not know that about the inventory sprites are self-generating (like I said, I have not modded Mount and Blade before).

You are also right about using Elders Scrolls wiki.  Alot of the stuff (history, town names, etc) are all ready to go.  Also, the Elder Scrolls Online actually has then entire continent available.  All we need is a map that shows all the locations (villages, temples, etc).

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

The dialogue will need to be worked on.  That is true.  However, I think names of characters and their back stories will need to be written, depending on time period of when this game is going to take place.  I mean, one thing that could help the development is identify how the lore is going to fit into the game.

Is this taking place in an entirely different time period?  Or in a time period of another Elder Scrolls game?
Or is this going to be a "mix" of the Elder Scrolls history, where characters from different time periods of the Elder Scrolls universe will be place in the game?
(such as characters will from Skyrim and Oblivion will be in the game, even though their is about a 200 gap between the time periods).

I sent a PM to Hypno Toad a few days ago, but I have not received a reply yet.

Epicrules said:
It... takes place during the Imperial Simulacram, as the name would imply.

It even has the year in the OP.

Yeah, I just noticed that.  Was going back to edit my post.  Looks like I got caught though  :oops: . (I did not get much sleep last night, I am not really thinking clearly right now  :neutral: )

Epicrules said:
It... takes place during the Imperial Simulacram, as the name would imply.

It even has the year in the OP.

So I did some reading on the Elder Scrolls Wiki pages.  Since this takes place during the reign of Uriel Septium it gives of plenty of lore, characters, history, etc.  They will still have to be typed up (unless some of them can be copy and pasted).

I wonder if it is possible to import files from Oblivion/Skryim Mods, such as audio files, models, etc.  I know that using audio files from the original game may cause copyright issues (unless we can get permission or something).  However, I wonder what the policy on using files that other people made for Oblivion/Skyrim, or even if the files (such as mod created armor or swords) can be imported into Mount and Blade.  Such as if someone made a sword in Blender for Oblivion/Skyrim.  Could that same model be used in Mount and Blade?

Lastly, I am a little confused on the rules when it comes to using resources from other Mount and Blade Mods.  I see lots of mods powering elements from other mods, but you can't steal mods.  I am assuming you either have to receive permission or give credit to the original modder.  Such as I would think that using many elements from the Floris Mod would greatly benefit the game (and also help speed up it's creation).

Back
Top Bottom