SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Users who are viewing this thread

I might modify the mesh a bit to be more like the oblivion one, the legs are probably going to remain mostly the same though

Scum2.jpg

rrLBvj.jpg

Will modify the textures so it... works better. Kind of like that trench-coat appearance of the legs though

Docm30 said:
kpetschulat said:
Legion_Armor.png

Or, maybe like the Imperial Palace guard would be crazy awesome!

Imperial_Watch_Armor.png
I really can't believe someone at Bethesda got paid to make armour that hideous and half-assed.

Mod's looking good, Hypno Toad. Though I've played every Elderscrolls game and Morrowind is probably my favourite game of all time, I can't say I've ever really been all that interested in the lore. Still, I look forward to giving this a go.

Good luck.

What looks "half ass" now was cutting edge back then...

Textures haven't gotten better in the last 6 years. Those textures are lazily done and ugly regardless of when they were made. Why is one made of rust? Why does one have yellow trim? it's not like the colour of bronze and gold didn't exist in 2006.

Docm30 said:
Textures haven't gotten better in the last 6 years. Those textures are lazily done and ugly regardless of when they were made. Why is one made of rust? Why does one have yellow trim? it's not like the colour of bronze and gold didn't exist in 2006.

The one of made of "rust" was supposed to give a dirty look to the guard armor, those guards being all over the place, some out on roads... it gets dirty. The Palace guards have cleaner and polished armor because they are guarding the white-gold tower, also the reason why their armor is white and gold...

I may make a "silver" variant of the legion armor for knights and/or palace guards. It'll be more a chrome color, though still a bit reminiscent of the ones in oblivion.

Docm30 said:
no need to be snobby

edit: (not trying to sound like a ****, my rule is though if you dont have anything nice to saw about a modders work, dont comment)

I wasn't talking about Hypno Toad's work, which actually looks good, but about the crap in Oblivion. I don't think it's snobbish to say armour shouldn't look like it came off a shipwreck. Hypno did a better job of making it look like brownish metal than the artists at Bethesda.

Docm30 said:
I wasn't talking about Hypno Toad's work, which actually looks good, but about the crap in Oblivion. I don't think it's snobbish to say armour shouldn't look like it came off a shipwreck. Hypno did a better job of making it look like brownish metal than the artists at Bethesda.
oops  :oops:
thought you meant hypno's work. my most sincere apology for that  :sad:

theelder said:
How far is the mod proggress? if i may ask?

From any initial release? Long way away.

First objective is essentially to get the game to function as "M&B: Tamriel" and only then will I even really start building the new main features. Getting factions (nobles, fiefs assignments, troop trees/equipment) up and running is what I'm focused on completing right now.

Hypno Toad said:
theelder said:

First objective is essentially to get the game to function as "M&B: Tamriel" and only then will I even really start building the new main features. Getting factions (nobles, fiefs assignments, troop trees/equipment) up and running is what I'm focused on completing right now.
oh,about 20% or more?
i really want to play this mod,haha,good luck anyway

theelder said:
Hypno Toad said:
theelder said:

oh,about 20% or more?
i really want to play this mod,haha,good luck anyway

Just be patient. The more people ask mod devs, "How much is it done?" the more the mod devs feel uncomfortable and sense of having to ruh it. Let them take their time, and when he releases it, he releases it. Also, Hypno Toad, if you need testers just PM me. I'm on the computer all the time. I'm out of a job right now, so I have all the time to test anything. Also, I'm big on lore of the Elder Scrolls as well, so that'll help.

I am also A lore geek for the Elder Scrolls haha.  I mod, 3d model and texture for Morrowind rather often.  Would do so with Skyrim but haven't been able to transfer my work to ingame.

But I have the no-how and understanding of many things modding wise and lore. 

Holy ****, really forwand to see what happens on Morrowind, that pic with Scyda Neen really got me interested!

How guilds are gonna be on Morrowind? There will be the Houses represented as different states or it will be all represented by the Tribunal as if Morrowind storyline would have finished already?

The great houses will be referred to and there'll be sharp family ties within them (for nobility and such) but other than that there's no much way for me to have them impact politics. I'll see about having each great house as a quest-giving faction though.

Also planes of oblivion aren't just those of Dagon, but each Daedra lord has one, some of which are similar to Tamriel. For example Shivering isles are one.

Back
Top Bottom