SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Sahran said:
Time's a premium for me at the moment, so I wasn't able to put the specular and normalmaps made by **** into material file.

This is camelry by Alxcruel and the texture by ****.  :grin:

They'll be an essential piece of the Aramaeans, who aren't a faction but rather cover banditry, mercenaries, probably part of the Hattu [Syrians] of the Hittites, and possibly the East Bankers [Amorites, Moabites, ect] of Israel.

I just love the camels!  :wink:

Ritter: Skyrim now, going to enjoy my two or so days of freedom before ****ing class runs me through the ringer again.  :mad: BF3 kept crashing and I need to do some mojo to update my drivers that's a pain.

But yeah, the idea of Ai able to handle a 'mounted infantry' (Like a helicopter nowadays) is a pipe dream. I was tempted by the inclusion of donkeys in wanderer's horse OSP, but I felt like anyone riding them into battle is silly - they were just used at most as a kind of mounted infantry platform.

Does make me wonder - would it be easy to make a footman have cavalry based movement on the campaign map?

:wink:

picture30t.png

picture29v.png

picture34t.png

picture37c.png

picture31d.png

picture32d.png

picture35j.png

picture39.png

picture33i.png

picture36s.png

"Horses" by Elwyn Hartley Edwards - Dorling Kindersley

9780751327366.jpg

the onager information is from "Animal" by David Burnie - Dorling Kindersley

9781740335782.jpg

the Sumerian chariot illustration was Google'd

Just to ward off concern, mod is not dead blah blah blah, I'm just not posting or working on as much because I am taking a much needed break with Skyrim. :grin: Way I work has been (because of how damn poor or good but short gaming has been the past few years) "Mod 75% of the time, then when I get a good game really throw myself into it and play it a lot till it's done, then back to modding immersion". So I am sure in a week or so I will be back to working on the mod.

Also stinky academics, with finals in about 2-3 weeks.

is this named after the Kaveh Farrokh book? I had quite a few nice emails with him a while back, he's a very cool guy :grin:

Roach XI the Magnificent said:
Nice. Now I know how I am supposed to wear my hair. :razz:

Either way, any new eye candy, Sahran?

Naw not at the moment. I'm still up to Skyrim - but before I get any heat for that, it's pretty much what I'm seeing across the board by artists, webcomic authors, and friends = "Too busy to add anything, playing skyrim!". So it's not just me being lazy.  :mrgreen: But I am getting eager to get back to work on it, so probably in a week or so you'll see more eye candy from me (To say nothing of if Kuauik or Ritter or Alxcruel may surprise!).

Harry_ = the mod's name and conceptual idea was Kuauik's, so he'd be the one with the answer but I would assume it may have been an inspiration

Back
Top Bottom