SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Now, let's go through it step by step. First we need to get this mod going so that it pleases us. A chariot would be a highlight and clearly awesome and all. But whether it has been said that this mod won't include a chariot nor that it will have one. There is just enough stuff left to be done before we should worry about a single feature.

Sahran said:
Like Kuauik says the Israelites will be split troop wise four ways:

Israelites = No cavalry, widest variety of infantry. Slingers, swordsmen (dedicated melee), spearmen, archers.
Aramaeans = Light infantry, light cavalry, probably going to get camel archers with the camel OSP.
Phoenicians = limited ranged troops, but very sturdy spearmen and probably the heaviest cavalry amongst the Israelite Faction
Philistines = Swordsmen with Javelins, and little else. Almost "Romanesque" in that regard.

We'll need to look into helping a player be able to do what you described, since I'd be worried how a player can revolt against King David and adopt an Aramaean/Phoenician/Philistine 'culture' with their new kingdom rather than simply take over the Israelite culture.

And on the topic of the Brewers that are he, Kuauik's latest top notch work:

CLL0K.png

Armor of the Gibborim and Israelite (probably some Phoenicians or Aramaeans too) noble NPCs.

Hope it's do-able i believe a few ppl other then myself would like to play as the phoenicians.

beautiful armors as well.

Arrakhis said:
How about the claimnants extra quest, I am bit curious with that
nvm dun answer it
dun spoil it, suprise us  :mrgreen:

Hadn't thought about that, but thanks for the tip. Will be something we can try and pull off since it'd really just involve a dialogue change I think (and the name of the claimants).

I'm all ears if people have ideas. I can come up with a few (Sohrab works as a claimant of Persia instead of a vassal of Afrasiyab, even if that would work too) and David's rebellious son, but in other cases there's a real difficulty of a historical or mythological comparison. Could just come up with fake ones but it's always good if there's a historical parallel we can draw on even if the dates might not match up.

Not that I know of Feragorn (maybe 3rd century). At the moment we didn't consider Celts since while we're going with historical fantasy rather than historical reality, our general thematic scope (13th to 6th century) still doesn't have any Celts. Maybe in the future, but for now the closest'll be the Thracians of the Assuwan League & mercenaries.

Oh really now?

The Hallstatts were not the Celts of Britain or Gauls of France, which are the two main groups classified as Celts. Neither were they in the required areas at the time of the mod.

Feragorn said:
Oh really now?

The Hallstatts were not the Celts of Britain or Gauls of France, which are the two main groups classified as Celts. Neither were they in the required areas at the time of the mod.
celts was settled in Bohemia about 5th century B.C.

GUIS DONT YOU KNOW THE ORIGINAL BOHEMIANS WERE TURKS? AND SO WERE THE CELTS AND THE THRACIANS AND BRITONS.  :mrgreen:

(Just ran into someone saying the Turks were Proto Indo-Europeans, so I felt like being silly).

Was actually elsewhere. But I heard about him, too. To bring it on topic, Kuauik's latest work (hope it's okay to preview), Judean robes, helmet, and shields.

Awesome as usual :grin:

Thracians was neighboor to celts and illyrian, so they certainly used some of their gear like the large round celtic shield. and thracian wasn't only in turkey, i talked about western thracians.(dacians, getae)
and also, they were celts in the middle of the turkey : the galatians

Back
Top Bottom