SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't done much with horse archers yet, though I know I will for my mod and they do seem hard to get right. How much effect does it to give them various levels of horse archery? Or does accuracy mostly depend on the archery proficiency?

I would say it depends on both though it's hard to verify. The main problem is that the AI doesn't take a lead if shooting at moving targets so they mainly hit if they are behind it, right next to it or in front of it. The higher the skill though the more focused the shot seems to be and it seems that in order to avoid that arrow they would have to move faster which they don't. That's at least my theory after watching them for quite a while.

they didnt quite much moving zig-zag for ai, even in good difficulty, but they pretty smart guessing player melee movement, for ranged, ai is the same for me, except for ranged ai, which they quickly switch weapon if enemy taking range

but yeah, I agree, the better the ai, the mroe accurate for ranged ai

Sahran said:
We'll give them stones, ideally with a sling model even though there won't be an animation. Too important for us not to feature given the preponderance of slings ingame.

While I don't know yet how to change the distance of a thrown stone, the distance in vanilla isn't that bad.

Would changing the speed of the stone missile do it? When I changed the speed of bullets for firearms in Battle for Hindustan I got very long-ranged jezails.

I'll give that a try, thanks for the tip dariel (And for the Hindustan mod, so much fun!).

Afraid it didn't work. Went from 97 speed to 197, and it still went approximately as far as normal. It's not a bad distance, but I am not sure it's one I'm comfortable with in lieu of a longer, perhaps straighter trajectory.

Just curius if the kingdom of isreal vassles will have their own cultures/troop trees?  in other words would it be possible to play as the Phoenicians, overthrow the Kingdom of Israel and forge a Phoenician kingdom?

this mod looks great!
i'm not much of a modder but if you need help testing or anything i'd be more then happy.

Drusus said:
Just curius if the kingdom of isreal vassles will have their own cultures/troop trees?  in other words would it be possible to play as the Phoenicians, overthrow the Kingdom of Israel and forge a Phoenician kingdom?

this mod looks great!
i'm not much of a modder but if you need help testing or anything i'd be more then happy.
yes :wink:

Drusus said:

this mod looks great!

Like Kuauik says the Israelites will be split troop wise four ways:

Israelites = No cavalry, widest variety of infantry. Slingers, swordsmen (dedicated melee), spearmen, archers.
Aramaeans = Light infantry, light cavalry, probably going to get camel archers with the camel OSP.
Phoenicians = limited ranged troops, but very sturdy spearmen and probably the heaviest cavalry amongst the Israelite Faction
Philistines = Swordsmen with Javelins, and little else. Almost "Romanesque" in that regard.

We'll need to look into helping a player be able to do what you described, since I'd be worried how a player can revolt against King David and adopt an Aramaean/Phoenician/Philistine 'culture' with their new kingdom rather than simply take over the Israelite culture.

And on the topic of the Brewers that are he, Kuauik's latest top notch work:

CLL0K.png

Armor of the Gibborim and Israelite (probably some Phoenicians or Aramaeans too) noble NPCs.

Some mods have managed elephants, but the last one to do so was Hegemony and that was on a much earlier M&B formula. Plus nobody in our mod utilized elephants in any meaningful way (if at all). Chariots are much more needed. I'd seriously donate money if we could get a chariot script.

Sahran said:
Chariots are much more needed. I'd seriously donate money if we could get a chariot script.
Hey, there may be a way to get the chariot script from Wedding dance after all. Themendios made a Mod viewer that decompiles the scripts.txt back into Module_system format.
Since i think none of the coders of Wedding dance mod can no longer be contacted to request permission for their script, maybe this tool can be used to view the logic behind their script, so someone can recreate it.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,166909.0.html

othr said:
This mod looks hot, maybe I'll play the game again :smile:
That may have been the real intention behind this mod all along. Muhuahaha (evil laugh).

ntb_15 said:
Sahran said:
Chariots are much more needed. I'd seriously donate money if we could get a chariot script.
Hey, there may be a way to get the chariot script from Wedding dance after all. Themendios made a Mod viewer that decompiles the scripts.txt back into Module_system format.
Since i think none of the coders of Wedding dance mod can no longer be contacted to request permission for their script, maybe this tool can be used to view the logic behind their script, so someone can recreate it.

othr said:
That may have been the real intention behind this mod all along. Muhuahaha (evil laugh).

Damn that would be fantastic, thank you for the tip ntb_15.

Sahran said:
ntb_15 said:
Sahran said:

othr said:

Damn that would be fantastic, thank you for the tip ntb_15.
that chariot in Wedding Dance is damn hot

How about the claimnants extra quest, I am bit curious with that
nvm dun answer it
dun spoil it, suprise us  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom