[WB] [S] Twilight of The Sun King (Old Topic. Enjoy as a historical archive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrade Temuzu said:
Hmm, say, how much of Africa/Anatolia will be in the mod? Im just interested, been wanting to get back into scening desert/arabic style scenes, if you catch my drift. :wink:

Just the strip of north africa and only a few pirate towns. Turkish Anatolia to about Ankara. When we get the next version ready we could shoot you a copy if you'd like and you can check it out and do your thing? I suspect there is going to be quite a bit more things to do on the Ottoman side of things.  :grin: I'll Pm you.

Radetzky said:
The militias look great! The irregular warfare was always one of my favourites (although I hope my troops won't end fighting like Volksturm). :grin:

Well at some point you should be able to get your faction troops after you join and get your commission. You're going to be pretty amazed at some of the convos CR and I have had over the past few days. Amazed. The next build will be radically different in some ways.  :grin:

Auldman said:
Ok some developer news with more to come from Celestialred later...

We're moving forward on all fronts with an eye to a release in the next month.  We've got some exciting things on the boil. Code that will bring forth a more historical use of formations for both the player and hopefully the AI ( volley by rank and advance, countermarch). Hopefully that will be in the first release but if not then very shortly.

We're also working on changing the experience of forming player/lords parties away from Warband norms so that you can have your own regiment of your favorite type after you join your faction. Something similar is being envisioned for the lords i.e. your infantry regiment of the line may encounter a lord's regiment of cavalry.

Towns will have recruiting depots after you join your faction where you may recruit. Till you join one you may be limited to mercs and militia. CR tried her hand at texturing and here are some common militia types:

[IMAGES]

Celestialred has a bigger developer update coming which will flesh things out more. We're pretty excited!

So.. many.. frills. I love this time period's uniforms.

Few shots from my showcase scene:
mb16j.jpg

mb15.jpg

mb14x.jpg

mb13k.jpg

Comrade Temuzu said:
...What part of Stockholm is that? Doesnt look like any part Ive been at.

I just took a look at some old prints of the old city of Stockholm and he's actually fairly close to it. I also compared it to modern photos and you can see some extensive revision since the 1700's. Celestialred is going to help him with extending the water boundary.

Auldman said:
Alan De Soison said:
Auldman said:
Battle of Poltava. You can have this battle and units in the mod.

http://youtu.be/24gQKRF9aJ0
aaah I have that movies , it's from The Sovereigns Servant film  :cool: great great film tom

I don't see a region 1 release  :sad: Where did yo see this Alan?
from my friend, he love 18th century movies too like Chasing the Deer, La marseillaise, fan fan la tulipe etc , and I watch the movies on TV as well. because sometimes in midnight, the television always played the colossal film.:grin:

Alan De Soison said:
from my friend, he love 18th century movies too like Chasing the Deer, La marseillaise, fan fan la tulipe etc , and I watch the movies on TV as well. because sometimes in midnight, the television always played the colossal film.:grin:

Well I'll keep an eye out for it. I love La Marseillaise. That is a classic!

Comrade Temuzu said:
Hmm, say, how much of Africa/Anatolia will be in the mod? Im just interested, been wanting to get back into scening desert/arabic style scenes, if you catch my drift. :wink:

Judging from the map they showed I am not sure there's anything of Africa, and Anatolia seems to be mainly the West. I would support your interest though, and I'd offer to help with research for the Barbary Corsairs if they wanted to pursue that. There's a really fantastic book that addresses 16th century Morocco, and while that's dated earlier than this period it offers some good impressions of what would have persisted into this period. http://www.amazon.com/Hundred-Years-War-Morocco-Revolution/dp/0813314356 The price however means you'd (Well in this case, I would) need to do an interlibrary loan, but it's no biggie for me.

As far as I remember from my research for ETW, you'd have Moulay Ismail having introduced the "Black Guard", but the army still featuring the usual corps of mounted cavalry with muskets (The origin of the famous "Fantasia" activity of Modern Morocco) and infantry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom