[WB] [S] Twilight of The Sun King (Old Topic. Enjoy as a historical archive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's new in France .... a ******** terrorist killed three unarmed military who withdrew money has a distributor four days after he killed a teacher and three children (5, 4 and 7 years) at the entrance a religious school. "RAID" (french swat) and now in position around the building where is the supsect and negotiated (I am for an assault ..) the whole country awaits the final!

this is the first time in France child are killing in a school , the country is quite shocked I must say

Antigonos said:
what's new in France .... a ******** terrorist killed three unarmed military who withdrew money has a distributor four days after he killed a teacher and three children (5, 4 and 7 years) at the entrance a religious school. "RAID" (french swat) and now in position around the building where is the supsect and negotiated (I am for an assault ..) the whole country awaits the final!

I've been following this story for the past few days. Checked the Guardian this morning for the update. I get France 24 TV so I will probably check tonight (it's 24 hour French news in English From France 2 channel).

It's very sad we live in this kind of world. Men become monsters over the idea of some abstract thing that may or may not ever be. This guy needs to be brought down quickly. What he did was so very wrong and the paratroops he killed were his fellow Muslims. Some of the victims of 9/11 were Muslim New Yorkers. It's insanity.

My sympathy goes out to the French people and the families of the victims. We understand this kind of terror here in the states.

Herr_Wolff said:
well, if this mod will ever be ready, then it would take a day or sth like that for me  to download it  :mrgreen:

It will be ready for a first release before May. A day? I think there will be a Nexus download and an exe file. Probably shouldn't be too hard to download if you've got a good connection. The mod will be large, no doubt about that, lots of factions, troops, items etc and there are still more factions for later releases. But we are thinking of including Warband Script Enhancer with the mod which should allow people with ram issues to run it a little better. We'll do all we can to make it stable and playable. I have to say on the latest team build I've had no crashes and it runs really good for a big mod.

Two new variants (White and red buildings) and little WIP church.
mb24t.jpg

Anakron said:
Auldman said:
It will be ready for a first release before May.

Really? The first post is dated from last november! Is the mod team even sleeping?
Nevertheless... very good news!

Hahahaha! Yeah we've made good progress! I have to credit everyone's enthusiasm. The build we have now is probably releaseable and is certainly playable. But there are some more things/tweaks that we want in before we release the first version. Tweaks to formations (it will look very different from Warband when those changes go in), realism, scale etc that are achievable if we simmer it some more.

Anakron said:
Auldman said:
It will be ready for a first release before May.

Really? The first post is dated from last november! Is the mod team even sleeping?
Nevertheless... very good news!

Hahahaha!

Actually, some of us don't. I have insomnia. Coding and texturing is actually what I do with my free time.

Thank you :grin:

Jaakko - You never cease to astonish me, I must say. Nicely done.

Volkonski - <3 Friendship is Magic <3

Back to coding and texturing.

<3

CR

Antigonos said:

this is the first time in France child are killing in a school , the country is quite shocked I must say
yes antigonos in the morning I saw tv that Bomb Exploded in Indonesian embassy in Paris, I hope all Indonesian people especially Indonesian students are fine there  :cry:

Alan De Soison said:
Antigonos said:

yes antigonos in the morning I saw tv that Bomb Exploded in Indonesian embassy in Paris, I hope all Indonesian people especially Indonesian students are fine there  :cry:

@terrorist : yesss! is dead! 300 cartridge fired this morning in the assault the terrorist was shot dead!

@Alan yes the police did not track but survey, no casualties or injuries were deplored the building was when it was damaging and even though it is protect by the gign (french SAS)

Bayard-X said:
Auldman said:
Bayard-X said:
:eek: Yet another analogy between Eliza and you!

This time the one with being abducted by Barbary Pirates led by an illustrious Euro Pirate Lord.

Eliza?

Eliza, Duchesse d'Arcachon, Duchess of Qwghlm, Comtesse de la Zeur.

Ah right. I read "Quicksilver" and it was great until the last parts and I suddenly found I disliked the book. I really disliked Eliza and Jack. Plus I felt Stephenson should have edited the thing down to about 400 pages.

Vicnaire said:
This mod is one of the most highly anticipated for me :grin:

love the time period, love everything about it

You're going to like where we're going with it. We're pushing back the release date slightly because we are waiting on a coding revolution from a close source and our own CR is about to do some things that will alter the plain for musket mods. I am very excited. I think people will love it if we pull it off.

Auldman said:
Bayard-X said:
Auldman said:
Bayard-X said:
:eek: Yet another analogy between Eliza and you!

This time the one with being abducted by Barbary Pirates led by an illustrious Euro Pirate Lord.

Eliza?

Eliza, Duchesse d'Arcachon, Duchess of Qwghlm, Comtesse de la Zeur.

Ah right. I read "Quicksilver" and it was great until the last parts and I suddenly found I disliked the book. I really disliked Eliza and Jack. Plus I felt Stephenson should have edited the thing down to about 400 pages.

But why? :sad:

Bayard-X said:

I remember having a negative reaction to her character and his away from Daniel Waterhouse. When the novel moved to center on her and Jack I lost all the interest I had. It became this sort of cartoon swash and buckle and not the alchemy, science, intrigue I had enjoyed when the plot was revolving around the other character and I felt I was reading two novels very poorly joined together. It's set in a period I love and I just felt he didn't get it. I know  I am in the minority on this one.  :wink:

I will gladly wait an extra month if this code guarantees me stability and the ability to play this mod on lower settings on my 2 gig xp run crate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom