SP Fantasy [WB] Hyborian Age: Crown of Iron +++ 1st post updated 02/13/11 +++

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks!

As far I know, picts are between stone age and bronze age (most of their weapons are made of copper, and some of bronze) but they use stone weapons too (the poorest of the clans I guess). So yeah!

Here is a bit of progress with the picts, but the skins need to be tweaked, sometimes are too shiny.
mb37.jpg

Cheers.

They also need to be darkened, but the skins look cool. I think you need to give some of them hides and dirty loincloths down the line though as far as clothing is concerned.

Yes, is the skin tone that bugges mes. In paper (read: photoshop and openBrf) looks good, but ingame not. I'm trying to solve this, is very annoying.

I want to add some hides and stuff, but until now I used the same base model and just changed the details (tattoos and scars).

Ok, I've been working in a new -darker- version, mostly because the skin color, but also to add some 'savagerie' (whatever). So I restarted again *damn picts! I'm start to know why everybody hates them*.

This is just a sample -still unfinished- but want to add some claws, maybe a tiger hide *help anyone?* or a tasty & freshly chopped head.

Not ingame shots, sorry!
new1cb.jpg

new2u.jpg

C&C very much appreciated.

ingame shot:
I'm done with it, now just have to do 3-4 different skins to have a little variety, re-do the face and add one or two more:
mb50.jpg

Btw the mesh still wip (not now, but was wip when taked the pic) :p

cheers

Thanks GK! I'm glad you like it. I want to make at least one more skin between this weekend (maybe two, don't know) and then arrange the face. Also want to finish this little faction before start in another stuff.

Here, the finished mesh:
pictmesh.jpg

Cheers

Hi there, no much progress I'm afraid, just two more skins, but I'm not really sold.
sinttulo2dmi.jpg

also haved somee strage issues with other skins (it flash every time, and it's wird because the material is already used in other mesh and works ok), and decided to stop and star playing with some pict weapons. Currently in the oven:

flint spear
bronze spear
flint axe (aka 'tomahawk')
copper axe
macahuitl styled mace

I'm using as reference some pictures of actual indians of the whole american continet and some shots from movies, as the picts are portrayed in the novels more likely in a native american fashion, but I want to stay to the "darker but still white people" of REH. He also mentioned many times that the picts wear feathers, but I think that the outcome can be a bit strange so I'm not going to add feathers at the moment.

Any coment, idea or suggestion is always welcome.

Greetings.

They look excellent, and I agree with the direction the Picts are going in - vaguely native American, but with a dark and savage twist. I like it.

Looks very very good! I also love the idea for this mod. Robert E. Howard was a great author who has created one of the best fantasy worlds out there.

Looks Brutal, can't wait to play this.  If you want any resources from Dawn of Man/Neolithic Mod, shoot me a pm, and I'll give 'em over.  I didn't make all of them, but I can give you permission for what I did make.

Looks great so far, keep at it :grin:

Good morning,

First of all, thanks a lot for the encouragement!

The pict faces refuse to go well, so I parked them for a while. Can't find a convincent pattern (also need to learn how to add more faces). BTW, the game random face generator seems broken because always seems to be a swadian faced pict -maybe infiltrated Ligurs?. Anyways...
New skins in action, note that the skin in the center of the pic have some flaws. That skin flashes in game, don't know why, is not ingame anymore.
mb59.jpg

The flint texture is not very accurate, I need to re make it. That is a sample crappy 256 texture:
mb72.jpg

@Zarthas,

Thanks a lot, that is a very kind offer that I can't reject!

YEEY a lot of naked people!

Good luck with your work. i am looking forward to see more updates. here some ideas from my side accually those are not this mod specific just my ideas for M&B modes.

My expectations from Mount&Blade: Warband modifications;
First of all about M&B combats; They  are great. Can be better but as for me its better to focus on something else. This game is missing spirit. What i meant by spirit is good story, background for game. Which is make us feel like living at those dark, medieval times as a lord or warrior or whatever is the concept of mode. How we achive that? Everyone is changing map, troop threes, polishing some graphics etc. Well those are doesnt help much to improve our game quality. We need to add something to keep players to keep playing and achive something they want. Let them be lord and decide on things like who lives and die in their domain, changing people life with their will.
How we do it?
1- Random events.
2- More titles for player beside lord and King. Like Baron, Duke. Can be arranged by having castle, City or Reown or a quest. Players would like to have those titles and work hard for it.
3- Detailed Fief constraction, manegement. More buildings, rules.
4- Uniqe items can be achived by quests.
5- Named raiders, bandits. And abit more spawn ratings.
6- Dungeons or same places can be go by quests.
7- Resque Lord, Princess quests.
8- Honor should be mean something and effects us more in game. Also same for Right to rule.
9- Companion quests. They can give us quest or we can get them after doing quests. Or both.
10- More boks
11- Tresure maps.
12- Ruins guarded by undeath waiting for our explorations? (sounds not realistic but these are medieval times so who knows?)
13- Family quest like our father killed by our evil uncle and we need to defeat him to take back our family fief.

We can add more and more ideas like them. Most of the mods make me feel like butcher i want to feel like Hero or Villian someone with has goal beside killing people or being king and trying to take all cities.

And ofcourse we should add some important other modifications to make game more fun less pain. For diplomacy combat deployment, instant meeting with village elders, guild masters etc.

Hi there, Peter. Very interesting thoughts. (Btw, there is no naked people... yet. Just wait for the female characters).

About your points...

1- Totally agree, but I'm afraid that my modding skills are not enough to do that.

2- As far I know this has been doed, I think that would be a script of that thing out there. But anyways, I don't think that would fit very well with this mod. Maybe a minor title (Captain, Commander or something in the lines when the player becomes a vassal) but not more.

3- Some mods actually have that feature implemented. Besides I like it or not (and I like it) this would be an heroic mod rather than a economic one. Don't discard something like this, but have zero priority at the moment.

4- That's in my mind too.

5- And that!

6- This too, but alas, so far from my modding skills (zero, actually).

7- This quest is already in the Native.

8- Yes, I like how it works in Brytenwalda. Hopefully I can manage something similar.

9- That is an interesting one... I take note of that.

10- Pretty easy.

11 & 12- Already thought about that and that would be in the mod (more likely #12 than #11), also capturable ruins or bandit lairs (castle type, but in the way I want this, is a lot of work)

13- I don't like that because implies you start as a noble with a fief.

also, I like meeting village elders, guildmasters and that all cannon fodder, because 'thanks' to the village/town menus I've not visited a single scene when playing. Currently I removed the village menus (if you want to buy or speak with the elder you need to walk around), not the towns yes, for game testing pourposes.

I'm in for the heroic/villain mod type you can be sure of that, and i want to include the chance to become some kind of Bandit King, managing the bandit lairs like villages and that all, if I can afford that.

Many thanks for your ideas.

Greetings.

Thanks! but most of the work is made by the rendering software.

Here two nearly-finished weapons. A copper axe and a broze club (both needs to be re-scaled).

sampleweapons.jpg

Also I'm working on a aquilonian axe aswell, modelled by Gothic Knight. The copper spear still wip, but a little more advanced.

Welcome,

I have to say that mod is going in the right way, and those previews are excellent. Good work on the Picts - they look exactly how I imagined them. Maybe you can delete javelin bags on the back, because they aren't looking that good on the barbarians.

As the mod is getting better and better each day, I would like to help with scripting to improve development speed. In my opinion, we should resign from some lord/fiefs related stuff and make it more like RPG - to control one hero or a small band of warriors, but not a large army sieging castles, conquering kingdoms etc. The previous Conan mods weren't that cool, because they were concentrating on large battles between kingdoms and heroic fantasy aspect couldn't be seen very well.

To make this mod more interesting, I would like to work on several quests, add more unique NPCs, dungeon crawls, maybe we should add some monsters. To be honest, I have no copy of Warband and likely I won't have it (bad computer), but I can operate on module system and send you done stuff. I'll send you PM soon.

Cheers and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom