B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

SirAgmund said:
You guys are doing good on Chaos. Can't wait for Empire state troops and Knights Panther! muahahaha!

What's with people and those cat lovers? Guns and cannons! Hails of hot led showering through veils of withe smoke over chaos troops, the noise of a gun shooting followed by a scream of death. That's the stuff that makes the battlefield, not guys on horses crying "meeeow" as they charge.

I never understand, why Knights Panther called Panther, because they use leopard or jaguar fur.
Panther - is a BLACK jaguar or leopard.

Panther

Jaguar

Leopard

Somebody can understand???

Furok said:
I never understand, why Knights Panther called Panther, because they use leopard or jaguar fur.
Panther - is a BLACK jaguar or leopard.
Somebody can understand???

:eek:
Hi mate, they are called Panther because their origin see their history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knightly_orders_%28Warhammer%29#Knights_Panther

Anyway in short, they fought against the "Araby" a nation with middle east theme in the Warhammer lore, they invaded their lands & brought with themselves many treasures, including exotic animals & furs such as Tiger, Lion , Leopard, Panther's...

They carry all these furs in form a exotic but elegant cloaks, adorns for their mounts o helmets,  that why they called themselves like that  :smile:

Hope it's useful to you mate

Bloody good work up there  :razz:

Lover Out...

Any word on when this mod is out cause i love warhammer and this mod looks awesome!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:muhuhahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TILL ITS OUT!!!

I have some work with creation of new animation and find some strange point.

I check some standart MnB animations of strikes and what i see? Bones item_l and item_r, don't have any animation, just follow to the hand_l and hand_r bones.
But I know, theoretically bones item_l and item_r exist for sword and shield attaching.

My question is - with what bone attached shield.obj in game exact? Same question about weapon.obj
With item_l and item_r, or with hand_l and hand_r

Why bones Item_l/r exist, but don't used in animations?

Maybe to just be placeholders, and looks.

Depending on the shield, usually there will be a Leather Band wrapping around the left arm at the elbow, and then a strap for the user to hold in the hand. I don't know what part that would be in the body code though.

Because it's OBJ, not SMD, it can be attached to only one joint. I want to know name of this joint.

It's good to see that the melee infantry troop tree now has 4 final upgrades instead of just one. I asume that veteran spearmen/halberdiers/swordsmen use just one slot in the party while the greatswords/champions use 2 slots. This would mean that you have to choose between one elite unit or two  regular troops.
Some suggestions:
1: Maybe you could replace "Skilled spearman" by "Veteran spearman" and "Veteran spearman" by "Spearman sergeant". I think that would be better. This would of course be the same for swordsman and halberdiers.
2: I suggest you change "Handgunner sniper" into "Handgunner sergeant" because "sniper" sounds a bit weird.
3: Now that the melee infantry troop tree is so extensive the ranged infantry troop trees seem a bit short. Maybe you could make the a little bit longer by adding veteran versions of the troops . For example: Veteran crossbowmen.
4: Maybe you could add an "Archer" upgrade to the shooter troop because as far as I know Empire archers are both recruited from hunters and townsmen.
The "Hunters" will than have better bows and higher skills/proficiencies (higher damage and more accurate), but weaker armor. Hunters will wear furs and things like that while the archers wear more civilized empire clothing and armor worn by all state troops.

One question: Will you add free company? You could make them an alternate recruits in towns and villages. You will instantly have decent troops, but eventually the other troops will become much stronger.
Or you could make them an upgrade of militia or townsman/peasant.
Those would be stronger than the spearman/halberdiers, but they can't be upgraded (or just once).

You could have a "Free company fighter" and a "Free company archer". You could even make a "Free company sergeant" as upgrade of a "Free company fighter"

And your mod is indeed getting better and better  :grin:

The ranged tree also contains outriders, they are skirmishers, yes but they still pack guns and that makes them an excellent backup. Don't forget the archers. I think the ranged list on the empire side is long enough. And keep in mind that they have to be balanced out with the other factions, for beta where there will be only chaos, who have next to no ranged, are the only other faction.

On item_l / item_r, those are used mainly for wrist guards for gauntlets.

For the upgrades, why not just use the WFB system, where they don't change type, they just get stat boosts and equipment changes?

Not sure why you are using Warband's "peasant magically becomes a swordsman, then suddenly becomes a spearman" system, which makes no sense at all, and it is both hard to justify in terms of changes to effectiveness and is also not at all like WFB rules or the WFB games like Shadow of the Horned Rat (my personal favorite). 

Why not do it like WFB, even down to points costs (i.e., money)?  It'd be a better feel, and people could model the armies they have built IRL in Warband, which would be very cool, and talk about points costs, just like in the original games.

Is there per-chance a beta demo out right now my good man - or perhaps a test of this such module in development that could be in need of some assistance of which I would happily oblige?

Sir OnuSetallis said:
Is there per-chance a beta demo out right now my good man - or perhaps a test of this such module in development that could be in need of some assistance of which I would happily oblige?
You want a demo to the beta?  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom