SupaNinjaMan

Baron
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
That comment sent me down quite a rabbit hole.
  • I always knew that you could make an enhanced jump via animations, but I wanted to figure out a scripting solution. In addition to an enhanced jump, I now also have a double jump function. It's still really rough, but I think it looks fine.
  • I then did a quick block out for the scene of the Emiya mansion to test the jump mechanics in.
  • That then made me want to add a settings submenu to get rid of those those three unlabeled, oft-mixed up, check boxes I've been using since day one, to help me test the scene more quickly.
  • Then after adding a proper settings menu, I just had to make settings! So now I have setting options for god-mode, infinite-mana, no-masters, no-servants, all of which are working 100%, and started to expand to more experimental and finicky features such as visible enemy health bars.
  • Seeing as I now had infinite mana, I might as well take that prototyped hud element that said "Mana Cur / Max" and make a proper mana gauge underneath the Player health bar.
  • And now I'm writing this all here for you to read.
I've also been working on a new female basemesh and ported all of the features made for the demo back into the original version.

Disclaimer: I recorded that at 1am, have not personally watched it myself, and cannot vouch for what that man will say.

Update 7/21
I expanded the double jump code. Now a master can cast an enhancement on their legs to make them have just the base enhanced jump, just the double jump, or both. Servants always have access to both the enhanced and double jump.
I also am working on differentiating the masters using equipment, skills and spells. I will have to finish the spell trees for the magecraft systems before they all have spells that reflect their abilities, but I'll rough some in for the moment.

Last edited:

SupaNinjaMan

Baron
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Hey guys, here's something in a different style than my usual.
Fate/ Personality System
In Warband there are seven personalities, that effectively behave as three personality archetypes. My initial plan was to stick to much the same system, but bump the count to 20 or 30 distinct personalities in seven or eight archetypes so that they interact with each other in predictable ways but each in their own unique ways to encourage the player to try different player character personalities to see how the game changes from an honorable bloke to a sadistic chap. You might have noticed in the videos when I tested the Character Creator.

As you can see, it was quite limited. Note: The repeating text is/isn't a bug.

But, like the Warband Lord Personality system, this was too limited. Only having such concrete character personalities felt restrictive to both the player and dynamism of a playthrough. Personality is planned to be a huge factor in both Servant summoning and Diplomacy, and no matter how many personalities I added, it would still lack the nuance that I find to make systems in games worth revisiting.

So, I started work on another new system! A new personality system. As I do. Basically instead of having a hard and fast definition by way of a single personality trait, it's 7 traits ranked 0 - 10.

Just for illustrative purposes
Hopefully by combining these traits we can describe a more wide variety of personality types, without pigeonholing players into my idea of character personalities, and without having too many extraneous personality traits that don't contribute to gameplay or just serve to muddy the waters like Conscientiousness and Adventurousness.

Take into account Shirou, who will be based on his Fate (Saber) Route self. Originally he was just defined "Selfless", but that loses a lot of intricacies. Like maybe an enemy is tagged "Zealot", so as someone who is also removed from themselves, I might tag them as more likely to ally with each other, but that doesn't take into account that maybe the Zealot is not honorable and thus a natural enemy to someone like Shirou.

So, I have him defined as with: Aggression 3, Honor 7, Logic 4, Drive 10, Empathy 8, Pragmatism 2, Selflessness 8.

So he should not attack often, be quite honorable in a fight, a fairly emotional decision maker, impossible to sway away from his goals, caring, very much an idealist, and driven to help others.

Personalities are defined by ranges of lots of traits opposed to fixed responses based on a

So, what do y'all think? Is 7 traits too many? Are there other traits that would have made more sense? Are any of these too similar? What would you add? I'd love to hear your opinions!

Last edited: