SP Antiquity [WB] Fall of Rome, a historical mod

Users who are viewing this thread

There we go no more dates..., now lets get back to the actual work that needs to be done.

You do know that there is ALOT of difference between the Third Century and the Fifth Century, right?

The Third Century was the time of the Crisis of the Third Century, where Emperor Alexander Severus assassinated by fis own troops, initiating a fifty-year period in which 20–25 claimants to the title of Emperor, mostly prominent Roman Army generals, assumed imperial power over all or part of the Empire. By 258–260, the Empire split into three competing states: the Gallic Empire, including the Roman provinces of Gaul, Britannia and Hispania; the Palmyrene Empire, including the eastern provinces of Syria Palaestina and Aegyptus; and the Italian-centered and independent Roman Empire, proper, between them. The Crisis ended with the ascension and reforms of Diocletian, although it was his predecessor Aurelian who reunited the empire. There was also the Sassanid Dynasty to the East.

Meanwhile, the Fifth Century is where you're focusing, the decline of the Roman Empire, when barbaric tribes began to settle in ROman lands, when Atilla the Hun destroyed a huge chunk of the Roman Empire.

I know a typo ended up having a very long list of replys that werent what i was looking for, I have links to many history sites I dont need help with the info. This being my very first topic I would think some ppl would understand a error or 2, so once again im gonna say im looking to pay for some help here with the skills i listed above.

Ah wonderful :razz: what i need most of all is some Roman helmets, I need a standard infantry helmet and a Generals plum/featherd helmet.

Helmets
Casque_romain_tardif_intercisa_HL164.jpg
Casque_romain_tardif_intercisa_HL163D.jpg
Casque_romain_tardif_burgh_castle_HL1611.jpg
Officer
Casque_romain_de_Deurne_HL167A.jpg
elemperadormajencioconuss4.jpg

Although to be honest, Late Roman helms had plumes/crests irregardless of whether someone was an officer or not. The Herculiani certainly probably had crests on their helms and other Palatine and Domestic troops did as well.

Pictures:
h_fe584bfcdbc6e3f6987dda40ad2527a0
h_55b83850963840767e3afb0167638d92
Guerreros%20germanos%20siglo%20IV%20dC.jpg
Constantino.jpg
Batalla%20de%20Argentoratum%20-%20Cataphracti%20%20357%20d.C..JPG
Batalla%20de%20Estrasburgo%20-%20Argentoratum%20357%20dC%20Juliano%20el%20Apostata%20vence%20a%20los%20alamanes.jpg
mixedcavalryinfantry.jpg
25.jpg
west5th.png
35196adrianopol1122474l.jpg
35201adrianopol2122876l.jpg
7eaac70c417c.jpg

Ah beautiful, its so sad that the Romans had to fight eachother so much, these pic are great and im sure will give ppl a good idea when making the armor, im gonna give it a shot myself even though im a super noob with wings 3d, good thing i got the video tourtials. Im also really torn between the using the MS and just editing the text. I got so much done just editing the text that the game already had a different feel to it, but ppl said that there are a few things that can only be done with the MS, but trying to use it has proven a mess so far. Ive pmed some ppl and what it comes down to is a simple error that says permission denied over and over on the black screen when you go to build. Anyways with editing the text files and copy and pasting armors/textures I think the game would be great. However I do want to solve this MS problem so my future posts here will change depending on it i get it working or not. This is of course the main reason I want to hire some ppl so I can get a better idea of how this all works by working with ppl one on one and I think it will just make a better overall game.

(Update) The mod is going very well,  I am having alot of fun with the story and am now using MS. I do still need to hire someone to make the map and someone to get/copy/paste resources such as armor and weapons. I pay with paypal and we can discuss the amounts.

Lato said:
(Update) The mod is going very well,  I am having alot of fun with the story and am now using MS. I do still need to hire someone to make the map and someone to get/copy/paste resources such as armor and weapons. I pay with paypal and we can discuss the amounts.

You know, most people work for free.  :lol:

I have gotten some good advice here but not anyone that is actually working with me, and thats what I really need, Id like to pay someone since not even a person willing to work for free has offered to help.

I am working on a pretty similar mod actually and I don't get much help either. I guess it is not the most interesting scenario. And may be the money thing is disturbing...

Ritter Dummbatz said:
I am working on a pretty similar mod actually and I don't get much help either. I guess it is not the most interesting scenario. And may be the money thing is disturbing...

That sucks, But I only need help on a map and copy pasting items, and why would paying ppl be disturbing? If I even had 1 person helping me on this I would be happy, just someone experinced in mods.

And I like that pic of the huns, good thing they have a default kingdom just like them.

Sayd Ûthman said:
I can model some basic things for you, just send me some reference pictures in pm, and i'll make them, but not too complicated helmets ^^

Thats great! Im very active in making this mod, so with someone helping me with this it will turn out great I think.

Back
Top Bottom