SP Antiquity [WB] Fall of Rome, a historical mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Lato

Veteran
Ok im making this mod because the few roman style mods here have a lack of historical accuracy and depth. Fall of Rome focus on the Western Roman Empire When the migration of barbarian hordes overran much of the western empire and eventually ended the Western empire. This mod/game has the historical fraction leaders and well as a rewritten storyline for the hero characters. The current fractions are..

Franks
Goths
Huns
Roman western empire

I am re writting all the text for historical accuracy, yet I do need some help on the other areas of the game, I am looking for ppl with these skills.
Mapmaker
2D artist
Modeler
General skills with importing and exporting resources and editing with photoshop.

I have time to work on this so I am looking for some motivated and skilled ppl to make a roman mod we can be proud of.

Hello,
good idea, i would like to tell you about a mod with the same focus. It is Barbarian Invasion in Hegemony series thread in cartographers guild. And it is for WB too, as I believe.
It has already made some good progress.
Maybe you would like to join forces together.

Anyhow good idea and i wish you good luck. :!:

Lato said:
Ok im making this mod because the few roman style mods here have a lack of historical accuracy and depth. Fall of Rome focus on the Western Roman Empire at the start of the 4th century When the migration of barbarian hordes overran much of the western empire and eventually ended the Western empire. This mod/game has the historical fraction leaders and well as a rewritten storyline for the hero characters. The current fractions are..

Franks
Goths
Huns
Roman western empire

I am re writting all the text for historical accuracy, yet I do need some help on the other areas of the game, I am looking for ppl with these skills.
Mapmaker
2D artist
Modeler
General skills with importing and exporting resources and editing with photoshop.

I have time to work on this so I am looking for some motivated and skilled ppl to make a roman mod we can be proud of.

At the start of the 4th Century, there wasn't a single Western Roman empire(West Maximian/Constantius East Diocletian/Galerius) nor were the Huns important in the 4th century. Second, good luck making a Late Roman mod, Sumo Pars tried to do the same thing and they had a modeler and a texture and it died.

A historical mod that will probably never lift off the ground.

Here's a friendly tip, chap; either have some skill in the things you require or expect nothing. At best, you'll be using OSP and some generous donations regarding code etc. People don't work for free, well...

Very interesting replies,@ Gothicknight, where are you getting your history??? the western empire lived past the start of the 4th century that's common knowledge.....although it wasn't much of a empire compared to what it used to be and the Huns were a important part at the start of the 4th century but true they had a VERY small part, but they make sure a good fraction to play and are so different in combat style, I know my history and have ALL the current rulers, franks/goths/Huns/and empires leaders history accurate. Now I have already done so much for this mod so to say that it wont get off the ground is just funny, im having alot of fun doing this, and ill already renamed and rewrote the game to be historiclay accurate. Now I am aware of Hegemony, and while it is a good mod its not really like mine in terms of detail of historically accuracy and because of this and many other mod that lack accuracy I will not be joining other teams, though I would love to give info to better there mods.@Turanien You make a great point, I would love to hire some ppl, when I offered to other ppl they seemed to get offended that I would pay them for help, but I have the money and would love to hire some skilled ppl, im learning modding now but my real skills are the history, so if there is someone looking for paid work id love to see what you can do.

Gothic Knight said:
Lato said:
Ok im making this mod because the few roman style mods here have a lack of historical accuracy and depth. Fall of Rome focus on the Western Roman Empire at the start of the 4th century When the migration of barbarian hordes overran much of the western empire and eventually ended the Western empire. This mod/game has the historical fraction leaders and well as a rewritten storyline for the hero characters. The current fractions are..

Franks
Goths
Huns
Roman western empire

Mapmaker
2D artist
Modeler

At the start of the 4th Century, there wasn't a single Western Roman empire(West Maximian/Constantius East Diocletian/Galerius) nor were the Huns important in the 4th century. Second, good luck making a Late Roman mod, Sumo Pars tried to do the same thing and they had a modeler and a texture and it died.
Did you read my statement Lato? The Western Roman empire is split between the Augustus Maximian and the Caesar Constantius, the East, Augustus Diocletian and Caesar Galerius. Of course the Roman empire still exists. I'm getting my history from "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". Also, I don't think the Huns are a good faction to add. It would be better to simply find some migrating tribe that was similar to the Huns(horsemen users).

Lato said:
Very interesting replies,@ Gothicknight, where are you getting your history??? the western empire lived past the start of the 4th century that's common knowledge.....although it wasn't much of a empire compared to what it used to be and the Huns were a important part at the start of the 4th century but true they had a VERY small part, but they make sure a good fraction to play and are so different in combat style, I know my history and have ALL the current rulers, franks/goths/Huns/and empires leaders history accurate. Now I have already done so much for this mod so to say that it wont get off the ground is just funny, im having alot of fun doing this, and ill already renamed and rewrote the game to be historiclay accurate. Now I am aware of Hegemony, and while it is a good mod its not really like mine in terms of detail of historically accuracy and because of this and many other mod that lack accuracy I will not be joining other teams, though I would love to give info to better there mods.@Turanien You make a great point, I would love to hire some ppl, when I offered to other ppl they seemed to get offended that I would pay them for help, but I have the money and would love to hire some skilled ppl, im learning modding now but my real skills are the history, so if there is someone looking for paid work id love to see what you can do.
I think you have 5th century confused with 4th century. The hundred years from 400 AD to 499 AD is called 5th century.

@gothicknight sadly there were alot of leaders in the 4th century which is why im narrowing it down to a start date of about 425AD whichnarrows down the list of roman leader since they were a dime a dozen changing every few years. Im using Valentinian III as leader, now these dates allow for all the other fraction to fit in some interesting leaders even though there ages are a bit young they are all alive in the time area, but thank you for the concern. I dont want to have set dates but I do want to have the real people that lived in that time.

Lato said:
@gothicknight sadly there were alot of leaders in the 4th century which is why im narrowing it down to a start date of about 425AD whichnarrows down the list of roman leader since they were a dime a dozen changing every few years. Im using Valentinian III as leader, now these dates allow for all the other fraction to fit in some interesting leaders even though there ages are a bit young they are all alive in the time area, but thank you for the concern. I dont want to have set dates but I do want to have the real people that lived in that time.

Friend, the 4th Century is 300-399. You are doing a mod based in the 5th Century. Be sure to change this.

Well this is all good info, Back to my point, id like to hire some ppl to help me with this, there seems to be alot of skilled ppl here so id like to get some replys about that.

Um wow? If you want a historically accurate mod, you'll have to listen to these people. 4th century means 301 to 400, not 401-500 or something like that. 2nd century started at 101, 3rd at 201. So you said that you'll narrow it down to 425AD...that is the 5th century.

yeah still narrowing lol to whenever I want really, if we want to talk about timelines just pm me, this is for recruiting. If you want to do history then write up a timeline for me. Read above for skills im needing.

Not really, learning now, Well i can mod without using any programs, Ive changed all the weapons/names and such with changes text files, is that considered modding?? I'm using mapeditor now and learning everything else.

Lato said:
I'm using mapeditor now and learning everything else.

Mapping = win.  :mrgreen:

Here's a tut I made if you need any help on mapping. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162501.0.html

Also, good luck!

Demonwolf said:
Lato said:
I'm using mapeditor now and learning everything else.

Mapping = win.  :mrgreen:

Here's a tut I made if you need any help on mapping. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162501.0.html

Also, good luck!

Actually i read your post on mapping and even made my own 1st map :razz: I still have a question about it but ill pm you with it.

Back
Top Bottom