SP Medieval [WB] Crusader-way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new information:
The mod's starting date will be 1206 AD, after the 4th Crusade. Every faction will have two regular troop trees and one elite, which will represent the Orders. Elite units will be hireable only in the castles.

butscrew said:
Max_marksman said:
trueten said:
Excuse me, but what is the main name of the mod - "Crusader - way to expiation" or "Crusader: Way to the Heaven" ?
"Crusader - way to expiation". Буржуям так больше нравится, ибо слово французское, и вообще.

The English title is shorter...

chto enta? in English alphabet please.

Буржуям так больше нравится, ибо слово французское, и вообще

For those that don't know expiation is like atonement.

So is basically Way to Atonement

Depends on the context that the base word expiate is being used in.It could mean for something to expire gradually or in this case, to reach a state of pristine state and mind,in which Way to Expiation means reaching heaven or being removed of sins. And,ermm, the Fourth Crusade is a terrible period to base a mod on. The Byzantine Empire is in its weakest state since 1080 and the only focus would be fighting a couple battles in Constantinople, but, maybe you should make a what if scenario like the Byzantines repel the crusaders and the survivors try to gain a stronghold in the Balkans.

Edit: Ok, you should really fix your period around when the 4 rival factions arise. Nicaea,Epirus,Latin Empire,Bulgaria,and another I forget the name of. You have two very intelligent mod developers from Total War Forums on here, and it would be wise to solicit their aid.

Max_marksman said:
Some new information:
The mod's starting date will be 1206 AD, after the 4th Crusade. Every faction will have two regular troop trees and one elite, which will represent the Orders. Elite units will be hireable only in the castles.

But still: why? Heck, will the mod even be set in the Holy Land?

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Max_marksman said:
Some new information:

Historically, it would be appropiate. Lmao, the Papacy declared a crusade on the Nicaeans right after they retook Constantinople, so it could be feasible for the Latin Empire to receive Papal and crusader support.

I'm probably the only one here who's thinking "screw historical accuracy", ain't I?  :mrgreen:

I say we let the modders add whatever they want to add. They call the shots, anyway. S'long as they keep the models and textures smexy looking.

Why? Because it's interesting time period. I will not comment such stupid questions anymore, don't even bother to write them.
We have two excellent, well-educated historians, and we don't need opinions, which is formed by stereotypes and Hollywood movies. We don't want to make another one mod about 3rd Crusade. And it's your problems, if you know history only from the movies.
If you have some useful information - you are welcomed, but we don't need flooders.

Max_marksman said:
Why? Because it's interesting time period. I will not comment such stupid questions anymore, don't even bother to write them.
We have two excellent, well-educated historians, and we don't need opinions, which is formed by stereotypes and Hollywood movies. We don't want to make another one mod about 3rd Crusade. And it's your problems, if you know history only from the movies.
If you have some useful information - you are welcomed, but we don't need flooders.

Alright, just tell me then: Where was the 4th Crusade set in? Secondly, where is your mod set in (in general area)? I mean, honestly, you could just change the setting to the 3rd or (preferably, if you want the Kingdom of Jerusalem to actually own Jerusalem) 2nd crusade, with no major changes at all. I mean, it really doesn't make much difference to me, but it just does not make sense to have it during the 4th crusade.

Max_marksman said:

Alright, just tell me then: Where was the 4th Crusade set in? Secondly, where is your mod set in (in general area)? I mean, honestly, you could just change the setting to the 3rd or (preferably, if you want the Kingdom of Jerusalem to actually own Jerusalem) 2nd crusade, with no major changes at all. I mean, it really doesn't make much difference to me, but it just does not make sense to have it during the 4th crusade.

Well, I think your best bet for an intriguing mod would be the period after the crusades when various factions vie for control of Greece,and ultimately,Constantinople. However...ermm, you will have to do a ton of research to do for the Bulgarians, the state of Nicaea under Lascaris and his successor's, and how the crusaders set up their various states. For example,depending on the year, the Latin empire might be under the invisible hand of Dandolo and somewhat able to beat down on the Nicaean emperor, or just waiting for the coup de grace after getting weakened by disasterous battles and bad leaders.You might want to change your mod name if you do, because that name would sound ironic-crusaders trying to get into Heaven by shedding the blood of Christians. Also,you can do the period where the Nicopolis crusade was done. To be honest,you have many historical options and you have BG(I saw him somewhere as a developer for a Total War mod),and the famous Anthonius II to aid you.

Gothic Knight said:
Max_marksman said:

Well, I think your best bet for an intriguing mod would be the period after the crusades when various factions vie for control of Greece,and ultimately,Constantinople. However...ermm, you will have to do a ton of research to do for the Bulgarians, the state of Nicaea under Lascaris and his successor's, and how the crusaders set up their various states. For example,depending on the year, the Latin empire might be under the invisible hand of Dandolo and somewhat able to beat down on the Nicaean emperor, or just waiting for the coup de grace after getting weakened by disasterous battles and bad leaders.You might want to change your mod name if you do, because that name would sound ironic-crusaders trying to get into Heaven by shedding the blood of Christians. Also,you can do the period where the Nicopolis crusade was done. To be honest,you have many historical options and you have BG(I saw him somewhere as a developer for a Total War mod),and the famous Anthonius II to aid you.

Well, it really appears that they are setting it in the Holy Land, given the pics of Damascus on the front page, and if they are setting it in the 4th crusade, that is really the wrong place to place the mod.

Max_marksman said:

The 4th Crusade was set in 1203-1204 and it was an attempt by the Crusaders to pay off the debt that Doge Enrico Dandolo imposed on them for using Venician ships. Enrico Dandolo intended to do this because he:1.Wanted to deflect the crusaders away from Egypt in order to keep trade between Venice and Egypt flowing. 2.To obtain revenge for the plague that Manuel Comnenus set on Venice when Manuel set the plague on one of the ships that Venice had sent to Constantinople(I think it was an official or the former Doge)The short term result was the Latin Empire,destruction of the Roman empire and papal control over Constantinople Long term: Ottoman domination of the Balkans and a religion split that continues to this day.
2.The 4th Crusades were set around Constantinople and basically consisted of the Venicians taking the tower that controlled the sea boom and the Venicians launching an assault on the weakest point of Constantinople, the sea walls.

I know that! I just wanted to know if Max and the gang knew!

They should,and they should know the immense amount of research for the trees and map it will take.*shrugs*I assumed you were asking for your own reasons and if you know all that,heh you're a smart kid.

Gothic Knight said:

They should,and they should know the immense amount of research for the trees and map it will take.*shrugs*I assumed you were asking for your own reasons and if you know all that,heh you're a smart kid.

Well they are kinda shrugging off the query like it is irrelevant, when it is really, really relevant if they want to have even some semblance of historical accuracy, even with their fairly... fantastic, uniforms (not that I mind). So I was asking them to see if we are actually talking about the same 4th crusade  :lol:

Gothic Knight said:

Well they are kinda shrugging off the query like it is irrelevant, when it is really, really relevant if they want to have even some semblance of historical accuracy, even with their fairly... fantastic, uniforms (not that I mind). So I was asking them to see if we are actually talking about the same 4th crusade  :lol:

"The mod's starting date will be 1206 AD, after the 4th Crusade. Every faction will have two regular troop trees and one elite, which will represent the Orders. Elite units will be hireable only in the castles."

There you go.I think they just made this decision and I think you are trying to yank their chain because you have came to the same conclusion yourself.

So... this wont actually be in a crusade. Okee-dokey than. So, should we just change the title from 'Crusader' to 'Glorious ******* meanie-face who is fighting for land and loot'?

So... this wont actually be in a crusade. Okee-dokey than. So, should we just change the title from 'Crusader' to 'Glorious ******* who is fighting for land and loot'?

Basically yep, but still it would be an interesting mod. Heh, Tiberius, that is why I was somewhat judgemental about the mod earlier,because I wanted to know what the mod will be based on and what kinda history and gameplay would come from it. I'm not chagrinned or vexed by the change either. As long as they make an interesting conversion is what I care about. And making a mod about the chaotic period after the 4th Crusade would be interesting. Ah,the struggle for power, interesting historical units etc can all make a fine mod.

So... this wont actually be in a crusade. Okee-dokey than. So, should we just change the title from 'Crusader' to 'Glorious ******* who is fighting for land and loot'?
I'm very, very tempted to start swearing at you Tiberius.

Instead, I'll just say chill the flipping crap out already. You've already been banned for being a jerk, and I'm very tempted to report this. Dangit.  :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom