B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JankoMega said:
Phalanx300 said:
Didn't they drop the Assassin faction? Would surely be great for MP. Maybe make it a MP only faction? :razz:
NO!
Make for mp the regular factions,Kingdom of Jerusalem etc. against Muslims.
If you really want assassins,play Assassins Creed.  :???:

Yeah your right. This mod feels way to epic and accurate to have Assassins. I'll play that Assassins Creed mod for Warband :razz:.

The Assassins did actually exist, and have been recorded making treaties with both the Templars and the Kingdom of Jerusalem. It would be inaccurate not to add them. But I would add them in a way that doesn't make them this huge ominous force looming over everything - perhaps make them a random encounter in the tavern, where you can pay one or two of them to undertake an assassinate/sabotage an enemy.  :wink:

They were know as the Hashishin or something like that. That name means that they used a drug called hashish(?). They used to get high and then do crazy things. :b

BigBoss said:
They were know as the Hashishin or something like that. That name means that they used a drug called hashish(?). They used to get high and then do crazy things. :b
but hashishin dos also have another meaning it could also mean outlaws 

Nope, it means user of hashish. But in terms of generalization, yes.
Anyways, this is a really good looking mod, will definitely try it.

assasins were muslim fanatics  similiar to Taliban,they wanted to kill even Saladin.But their importance to this mod is minimal,they lived in the castle of Maysaf and got whipe out by Mongol invasion

As a Muslim and Arab , I don't think Hashish (cannabis) was used at that time . There weren't any Muslim assassins , there were traitors , who helped Crusaders against Muslims .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis
THERE WERE NO ASSASSINS . We're not in POP here  This is supposed to be historically accurate . Shia were always against Sunna , Egypt was Shia , in the era of the Fatimid caliphate , then the mighty Saladin (may ALLAH forgive him) , removed their rule in Egypt , and started the Ayyubid sultanate in Egypt , which defeated the Crusaders later . After removing the Fatimid caliphate of Shia from Egypt , most of the Egyptian people changed to Sunna , but some remained Shia , and they didn't forget that Saladin removed their Rule in Egypt . They tried many times to retake Egypt from Saladin's hands and they wrote to the Crusaders asking their help . Saladin (may ALLAH forgive him) had to stop them and he succeeded . He stopped them before the Crusader fleets have arrived . The  Crusader fleet in Sicily moved towards Alexandria in the north of Egypt (I live there  :grin:) and landed there , they counted about 50,000 men . The news reached Saladin who was in Faquos three days after the invaders landed . So he had to defeat the crusaders and he succeeded  :grin: . One year later what was left from the Shai planned to retake Egypt again , and kill Saladin (may ALLAH forgive him) . During these conflicts in Egypt , Franks (Crusaders) .............................................. WELL , I'M TIRED OF WRITING. You can write etc. as much as you want after that) ......................etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The etc.(s) is about Shia's Attempts to destroy the Ayyubid Sultanate in Egypt .

Are we going to find the Dome of rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem ??

nomad1414 said:
and they didn't forget that Saladin removed their Rule in Egypt.
Hey, I have to protest as I was never removed from Egypt at all!  :razz:

Btw, please leave your ideological ballast out of this mod's threat...

Not to mention the big problem with the Nizari is that they really did not behave like a normal faction would in M&B (or in Total War for mods of a similar period). They didn't send out armies to conquer save I think once when they fought with the crusaders, they were much more a non-state actor like Al-Qaeda rather than like the Taliban for a modern analogy. And of course, there would be nothing interesting with their army - no white hooded Altairs, and you could argue against being fanatical in moral as well - Willing to die in a quick burst of glory assassinating your foe is different than the "9 parts boredom, 1 parts sheer terror" of the battlefield when the static courage of being willing to stand in the battle line and fight a large group of men is more important than suicidal courage of the assassination. On the contrary they'd probably be poorly equipped and trained, a bunch of arabic foot rabble to which the Muslims could acquire a lot more of from their own cities lower classes.

Best option for the Nizari would be interactions in the city or fiefdoms and such. Persecute shi'ites and you'd risk being ambushed in the city by assassins like in vanilla M&B.

Sahran said:
Not to mention the big problem with the Nizari is that they really did not behave like a normal faction would in M&B (or in Total War for mods of a similar period). They didn't send out armies to conquer save I think once when they fought with the crusaders, they were much more a non-state actor like Al-Qaeda rather than like the Taliban for a modern analogy. And of course, there would be nothing interesting with their army - no white hooded Altairs, and you could argue against being fanatical in moral as well - Willing to die in a quick burst of glory assassinating your foe is different than the "9 parts boredom, 1 parts sheer terror" of the battlefield when the static courage of being willing to stand in the battle line and fight a large group of men is more important than suicidal courage of the assassination. On the contrary they'd probably be poorly equipped and trained, a bunch of arabic foot rabble to which the Muslims could acquire a lot more of from their own cities lower classes.

Best option for the Nizari would be interactions in the city or fiefdoms and such. Persecute shi'ites and you'd risk being ambushed in the city by assassins like in vanilla M&B.

Exactly. They weren't some overpowering force, as I said, but sort of in the background.  They didn't have all the skills that everyone seems to associate them with, either; Yes, the drug 'hashish' was eaten and used by the 'Hashashin', which was a name given to them by fellow Muslims and Crusaders alike as a sort of expletive. The drug numbed pain and gave the illusion of heightened senses, much like marijuana. Its use was frowned upon, hence the name given to its group of users. They were not particularly great assassins either; like Sahran said, the majority of assassins who performed public assassinations failed as they were part of lower class and with little to no training, generally homeless, childless, landless, with nothing left but their life to give.

THERE WERE NO ASSASSINS .

Unfortunately, saying they didn't exist does not make them any less real.  :neutral:

Leon473 said:
nomad1414 said:
THERE WERE NO ASSASSINS .
Leon473 said:
Also there will be:

The Order of Hospitallers
The Order of the Temple
The Teutonic Order
Assassins

nomad1414 said:
Are we going to find the Dome of rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem ??
Al-Aqsa Mosque are present in the mod.

yeah , cool .
But believe me there were no assassins , there were Shia trying to retake Egypt from Saladin , with the Crusaders helping them . Believe me , I'm sure of my historical sources . :wink: You can still make Shia warbands , as bandits . But you want this to be historically accurate , right ?

BTW , Does any one know any videos on youtube where there is a battle between Muslims and any other people ?
Something like a Documentary movie , because I may use the Muslim voices from the video .  :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom