Discussion: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,337121.0.htmlmark7 said:
19 years has past since 1187, when 'Allah warriors' lead by the Salāh ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūbi took control of the sacred city - Jerusalem and the Empty tomb! The Holy See in Rome reacted immediately. But, followed one by one Third and Fourth Crusades didn't end up as they were planned and Jerusalem still remained in hands of the 'infidels'. But this Crusades created a nice bridgehead on the Holy Land and Balkans.
The year 1206 has began and crusaders still desire to conquer Jerusalem and the Empty tomb! Meanwhile devout muslims want to drive away remaining rcusaders from their lands and that is where they have to 'win and get everything' or 'be defeated and lose' this sacred for both sides lands.
Many of those considered Crusades and the Holy war as a redemption for their God and Allah. After vowing to commit the crusade they enter the Holy Land and clash with the 'infidels'
This mod occupies time periods between Fourth (1202-1204) and Fifth (1217-1221) Crusades. It starts at 1206 and lasts till 1217.
Like warriors of that war, you must choose who will you fight with and who will evantually take control over the Holy lands during the Crusades!
Relese date: unknown
The Sultanate of Rûm
Union of Antioch and Tripoli
The Kingdom of Jerusalem
The Ayyubids Sultanate
Also there will be:
The Order of Hospitallers
The Order of the Temple
The Teutonic Order
- A large variety of troops - troop trees of kingdoms and orders (tampliers, hospitallers and teutons).
- New bandits
- New cloth, weapons, armour and horses.
- Historically accurate map, that includes new icons.
- New locations on the global map.
- New weather.
- New animation.
- Town become alive (you'll see 'how').
- New unique scenes for some towns. Some towns will be really big. Castles and villages will have their scenes changed (final full version will have absolutely all scens changed).
- New architecture, including unique and, most of all, historical buildings.
- New scenes for the custom battles, which wll also have historical battles.
- Almost no Native items, all of them will be replaced with new one's. New horizons.
- Hiden and quest locations.
- Reworked sieges, using new siege towers, ledders, battling ram and defensive constructions.
- Improved siege AI.
- New recruitment statistic.
- Reworked economy.
- New cosntructiable buildings (in towns and castles) that are desplayed on the scenes. They will also give some unique bonuses.
- Tons of new quests. Complete the path from an unknown and poor adventurer to a glorious knight. Explore hidden places, seek for the religious items, prevent the assassination or commit them yourself, and etc.
- Scripted battles.
- The relationship system of your companions is changed.
- Reworked management of your fiefs .
- New sounds.
- New music. Several tracks were written exlusively for this mod.
- New type of NPC.
- New heroes that will appeal during your adventures.
- Sea travel and sea battles.
- Improved trading abilities.
- Water as a very important resource (like food).
- And tonns of other gameplay changes (some of them are unique and can change the whole style of your game)
ficus - team leader, 2D art, 3D art (models)
Romainoir - outer terrains, scene props
atolest - ship models
Leon473 - coding
Chel - coding
shturmfogel - coding
Mark7 - coding, 2D art, music, sounds
Fahnenträger - scenes
back - scenes
von Afton - scenes
Flanir - scenes
Саурон - scenes
JoG - historian-consultant, item balancing
Additional help in animation and MS: MAXHARDMAN
Helped with 3D modelling: Narf of Picklestink, cмертник
Helped with textures: Andre de Bur
Helped with music and sounds: Rejenorst
And people who helped a lot, but, unfortunately, cannot participate in the development: Akill 11, Martin, tek0, VKVania (Nordwolf), Redlightriotvan, begemot, Kinderril, Max_marksman, GreyB, UFO, Gargul, Vallis, Peter Guewan, Antalius
Some other screenshots:
This are WIPs, final version will have lot more quality.
This is our attempt to create a high-quality mod and there's a lot of things left to do. Our team is relatively small and we are allways looking for talented people who are ready to help the development. Particulary:
- modellers and texturers for architecture, ships, armours, civil clothes and flora;
- scene makers;
- animation makers;
- 2D artists, painters.
We are glad to have any help so if you want to join the team just PM [url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=129035]Fahnenträger, or post in this thread.
The mod is developed on a russian fan-site - http://rusmnb.ru/index.php?board=39.0
This post will be updated pretty often, so may be some day you'll see a certain release date
Old topic - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67375.0.html
With kindest regards the Crusaders - Way to expiation mod development team.