SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

What Future Features Do You Want Most With CIA?

• The Introduction Of Freelancer

Votes: 66 22.4%
  • TWOTSK Style Artillery

Votes: 61 20.7%
  • Varied, Obsolete And Foreign Mercenaries

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • New Era Friendly Fortresses and Naval Battle Scenes

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • Era Friendly Tournies,Hunting And Gambling Features And Other Ways To Make Money

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Older Gun Powder Era Weapons And Clothing For Sale

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • More Unique NPC and Bandit Factions To Fight And Recruit From

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • A Modified or Updated UI, Menu Art and Updated Lore Friendy Notes and new Officer Banners

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Modernised Main Settlement Scenes

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • The Additions of Mid 19th Century Early Victorian Content

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • NPC Musicians That Provide Bonuses With The Standards

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBeansShako said:
Please do not spam unconstructive posts in the thread, keep to the topic of mod discussion only thank you.
It has been.  I developed a banner for the Mod, we were discussing if it would be implemented, which it seems it will be as all of his conditions have been met.  Good day!

That's a tough poll, I want to vote on pretty much every one  :mrgreen: P.S really enjoying this new beta, thanks for all the hard work chaps.

Status update: I've added two new companions, the ability to recruit troops from certain companions, and some new troops, but these particular troops can only be recruited from companions!

41st King's Own Highlanders:

1MPfudA.jpg

The King's 41st Own Highlanders, a regiment from the highlands of Alvion. They are a rifle regiment that lost it's main devision in the Sarranid desert after a battle awry due to a surprise attack, they can perform both skirmishing tactics, as well as line infantry tactics. The remaining soldiers are currently spending their time in the Lydon barracks, waiting for a new officer to lead them, or to be merged with another regiment. They can be hired from Colour Sergeant Burnswood, a new companion that spends most of his time travelling across Calradia due to his regiment being out of action.

87th Brolten Rifles

rxWX8h0.jpg

The 87th are an Alvionic rifle regiment that works exclusively in the shadows, performing surprise attacks, reconnaissance, assassination, sabotage and espionage. They can be hired from their leader, Colonel Alderson, an exploring officer and agent for the Alvion army. The 87th have been given the freedom to carry out their assignments with out fear of reprisal from their superior officers, no matter how many codes and laws they break during their missions, making them a cunning and formidable force not bound by restrictions.

A few of the older companions too will have access to the ability. Sadly, not the Doctor. You won't be able to recruit an entire University staff and throw them into the bayonets of your enemy.

In my opinion, all of the uniforms in the Mod look too clean, or pure colored or something.  The texture doesn't look like cloth, just one color and one color only.

@Mike56, yeah, unfortunately. I've actually been trying to find some one that can texture and add details to the uniforms. I might be able to create bumpmaps to add detail though.

Status Update!

I made a new companion called Colonel Ivar Ulfsson, he is a Nord commander that leads the Deaths Head Infantry. I also made two new uniforms: A Deaths Head Infantry uniform, and a Deaths Head Officer uniform.

The Deaths Head infantry is loosely based on the Black Brunswicker infantry.

J9Gdgpb.jpg

Time for an update, here is not one but two previews of two more up coming new factions in the next update!

First off, Lets talk about the Grand Sovereignty Ancia.

2rxy7ns.jpg

The Grand Sovereignty Ancia is one of the biggest mainland Island nations of the world and is currently the bridge of trade between the continents and colonies that are scattered around the oceans. The nation of Ancia itself is a rarity being one of the few modern monarchies not teetering on the edge of political strife as some of the other nations due to the famous and charismatic King Leux XIV who patronages and has a personal own interest in the modernising technologies of the new Imperial Era.

The Salons, coffee houses and public houses of the land for now sing praises of the more progressive qualities of the King and an interesting oddly the mandatory conscription of the Ancian Imperial Army is viewed as an honourable duty to serve the king and fatherland for the people of the nation. Due to being a spacious Island nation with good trade income it is no surprise that the army is well fed, trained and professionally drilled to face off against multiple foes.

In the past Ancia kept itself to itself more interested in trading between the many nations and acting as a Neutral bridge head but due to the weakening of the traditional colonial powers of the Rhodok Republic, UPN and Swadian Imperium in the past few decades the Ancian government has decided to join in on the colonial great game. This of course will lead to tensions between them and the smaller northern neighbor of Alvian which will surely lead to war between them both. 

Located south west of the Rhodok Republic, here is a screenshot of the Island nation itself with all the settlements and fortresses.

Ancian Grand Armee Image Gallery Here!

And the smaller Swadian puppet nation of the Grand Duchy of Dalandt which will be added to the lands of the Wercheg peninsula.

16gbgyc.jpg

Not all of the of the Nord people of the land desire to be entirely under the yoke of the UPN ruled by a government so influenced by Swadian and Rhodok style politics and influence. Located on the edge of the incredibly difficult to navigate Wercheg peninsula and dominated by a series modern wood and dirt palisade fortresses is the isolated Duchy of Dalandt.

The people of Dalandt and the government itself headed by descendent of the old Nord King Ragnar, a man who claims to have the blood of sea raiders in his veins and a timeless hate for the UPN government which occupy his true homeland. Such hatred however can not run a government and in exchange for their sole silver mine the only one not in Vaeger or UPN hands the small Duchy of Dalandt is solely kept afloat by Swadian aid with even minor officers and generals of the Swadian Imperium learning the trade of war commanding the ranks of their determined but small soldiers.

King Lars Ragnar III is a weak and hated king, who relies solely on propaganda to recruit people to his cause, and needs to bribe his own generals to stop them from abandoning him. For a long time he and his family were forced to live with their far off relatives, the Hohenstein dynasty, until the emperor saw an opportunity on the Werchag peninsula to take a rich silver mine, and get rid of his northern province, Dalandt, which was known to be a drain on resources due to it being constantly under attack by Nords and it's remote location. Now all the debts belong to King Lars Ragnar, and all the wealth belongs to Emperor Von Hohenstein.

Said soldiers ironically wear slightly outdated and captured UPN uniforms and find themselves fighting with the same weaponry of the UPN army. Due to fact that the Swadian Imperium is entitled to the one valuable resource the soldiers of the Dalandt army and militia are paid not in money but food to keep them manning their border posts and pickets. Though poorly equipped and armed these men themselves trained to fight in the high hard to navigate hills and mountains of their homeland are deadly almost as good as the light infantry of the Rhodoks.

Due to the economic climate in Dalandt, poverty is rampant. Even the most noble houses are so deep in debt that they have been reduced to begging, and joining the common foot soldiers. The king has to take out loans on a weekly basis to keep his army afloat, he has had to hire bands of thugs to act as his debt collectors, and has been forced to steal ships from merchants and hire pirates to fill his navy to cut costs.

The National Army And Militia of Dalandt image gallery here!

We have Gottemark to reveal and one more faction down the line for the up coming update.

Time for a status update! I have added a new companion and a new special regiment! They are called the Swadian Black Lancers.

l4vuexT.jpg

"The Swadian Black Lancers originated from the period when the Duchy of Brunvick was under the Imperium's control, but remained in the Swadian Imperium after the city was taken by the Nords, now they're a highly sought after Swadian regiment due to their skill and renown as shock cavalry."

I know you just added some for Swadia, and I know there are the Vaegir and Vilincha ones, but could you add more lancers? Most cav right now is Hussars, Carabiners, and Dragoons. Also could you either edit the Swadian Cuirassiers, or add a new group of Cuirassiers that have pistols, since it was historically accurate for the time. Maybe mounted chasseurs? I don't know. Also an Indian-inspired faction please. I want to see (non-overpowered) elephant cav :idea: :twisted:. That's it on my cavalry rave.

EDIT: Maybe the Sarranids should ride camels? It seems like this would all go together historically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom