[WB][B]Native Overhaul Development Help

Users who are viewing this thread

I working on making a mod that replaces native models and textures.
I have done a lot of re-texturing and LOD building so far and implemented/replace alot of items however I have a few things I'd like to ask, mainly about scripting.

1. Is there any way to get realistic reflective water as a material? there is a scene prop called water_river, however when I use that material the water doesn't show up.

2. Another person asked this but do LOD's work on the world map? I planned to make the map icons more detailed but I currently have polished landscapes map trees eating resources.

3. I would like to change the UI, mainly the giant text that appears when you look at anything intractable, I'd like it to display a small hand at the bottom of the screen or cross-hair when you can open a door, move a ladder or pick up a weapon, display a horse icon to mount and a horse with a cross for unmountable, aswell as making the name of units/ characters much smaller and less intrusive, it ruins the immersion when giant text appears all the time. 

4.Also does anyone know of a mod that has LOD's for flora?

also I plan to implement these codes at some point, even though I haven't used python what so ever, just because

This code to diverse faces http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170996.0.html
+
This face pack http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3105
+
This code for diverse and unique civilian clothing http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183200.0.html
+
The code for more people in towns http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112143.0.html

Would make for some fantastic variation and immersion.

Also this is still WIP but here is a sample of the mod so far, a lot of gutekfiutek items and textures used here.
Current State
mb3h.jpg

LOD2
mb4k.jpg

Native
native.jpg

please excuse the ground for Native I must have replaced it at some point.

ShaunRemo said:
I working on making a mod that replaces native models and textures.
I have done a lot of re-texturing and LOD building so far and implemented/replace alot of items however I have a few things I'd like to ask, mainly about scripting.

1. Is there any way to get realistic water reflective water as a material? there is a scene prop called water_river, however when I use that material the water doesn't show up.

2. Another person asked this but do LOD's work on the world map? I planned to make the map icons more detailed but I currently have polished landscapes map trees eating resources.

3. I would like to change the UI, mainly the giant text that appears when you look at anything intractable, I'd like it to display a small hand at the bottom of the screen or cross-hair when you can open a door, move a ladder or pick up a weapon, display a horse icon to mount and a horse with a cross for unmountable, aswell as making the name of units/ characters much smaller and less intrusive, it ruins the immersion when giant text appears all the time. 

4.Also does anyone know of a mod that has LOD's for flora?
[list type=decimal]
[*]Only reflective shader I know of is envmap, there's probably a lot of water shaders that don't work in a mission itself
[*]Does LOD even work on the world map? People might have experimented with the map shader, or grouping the map trees into clusters so there are less icons in total. You might be able to swap out icons based on the distance to the player party, but it's probably way too much work for minimal performance gain (if any) and doesn't prevent the player from zooming across the map without moving the party.
[*]UI is hard-coded, you can modify what the strings display  (so the default UI only shows a black box around the empty string) and then implement your custom icons on another presentation layer. From what I can recall it's pretty hard to work with dropped items, but scene props and horses should be manageable. From "unit names" I'd assume you're modding vanilla 1.011, so I have no idea if the custom HP bar/unit name presentation I rigged up in Warband would work or not.
[*]Not too familiar with the flora - I don't even know if those MS files are available for vanilla
[/list]

Thank you for replying,

1.After further testing I can get the material to show up only if I place the river water in the scene also.

reflectu.jpg

In the foreground is the existing water_river object and the new feeding trough with the water river material applied behind it. the green just helps with the reflection. I presume the river water object triggers the material somehow, a little annoying, might have to suffice with a transparent material of sorts.

2.Just since I started the modification there is a little pause after every time you go th the world map.

3. also I'd just be happy to move and rescale that text box. an example.
45017250.jpg

Also that other arrow was to point out the large flags, but I know how to make them smaller already.

Using OpenBrf name one of the meshes mymeshname and the second mesh name it mymeshname.1 for example. Using the item editor just use mymeshname in the item mesh section.

In images:
I have b_makT2B_steel being the sandals, b_makT2B_steel.1 being the leg model and b_makT2B_steel.2 being the metal protection
ahOcZ.jpg

The game will read the model b_makT2B_steel combining it with part .1 and .2
_wFhV.jpg

Hello, thanks for the reply, but I wanted to do it a different way, like this.
helmet5s.jpg

The idea is so I don't have to have lots of the exact same model referenced every time I want the mail coif with a helmet, as you can see three helmet tops + plus the single coif = 3 helmets or I could use a padded coif and have a new variant. I hope this makes sense and is at least achievable. Also the models are from Narf's Men at Arms.

Theres no way to do that without doing some new coding in the module system. And to be honest its not really necessary just multimesh in openbrf (what was stated above). Why do you want to have only one mesh anyway? Is it for performance reasons?
Because if you were able to code in some way which allowed you to have only one mesh and use it multiple times -  then this coding would have more of a negative effect than just simply multimeshing (I would think anyway)

Sorry if I've not been too clear  :grin:

Yes pretty much purely for performance, as I am replacing native items with higher detailed items I really want to cut down where I can, I also thought it'd be quite easy to do.

Thanks again Somebody, very helpful :grin:
Also I have more questions!
How do I get rid of blurring on weapons when they swing? example.
mb5v.jpg
note the new bascinet with nose guard.
Also I finished the new mail coif using an altered narf material and model.

mb1sa.jpg

mb3gl.jpg

ShaunRemo said:
Yes pretty much purely for performance, as I am replacing native items with higher detailed items I really want to cut down where I can, I also thought it'd be quite easy to do.
If it's for performance, then multimeshing in the way shown then making the mail parts use the same material should have the same effect.

Thank you Seek n Destroy, just wondering how/ where I would place the code, I'm currently using an item editor to add flags to items but there isn't one for no blur.

Also I just figured out how to adjust faces for troops. for example I changed the Khergits to use Asian faces as I always attributed them to being Mongolian.
Example >
mb12b.jpg

Also I have added Arabian and African faces to the Sarradins.
Example >
mb20l.jpg

Lastly I wanted to show what I want towns to look like when finished.
Example >
mb17q.jpg
Cultural diversity achievable thanks to Lavs' mod here > http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183200.0.html
I have been collecting and adding additional clothing so far, just need to figure out how to add more civilians to towns.

Back
Top Bottom