SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, fantastic work! I just wonder if it would be possible to add one or more settlements near the black sea, mainly the region of today's Romania. I look on the map and it's one of the few empty spots. Aside from the castle of Targoviste there's nothing there. As a Romanian I'd love to establish a kingdom in that region but there's not much to capture. Thanks!

Kratos would you please make a Patreon page for AD1257... set the goals to 25,50,100$. That this is to hire people making scenarios to work part time.... or people optimizing the mesh or something. Just so you aren't alone in this and if people working for this project get some little money out of it.

thank you for the new update. I know it is too early, just wondering will you interested in 1257ad for bannerlord version? best wishes

Hotfix #1 for v3.1
(Requires a new game)
1). Fixed a debug message showing up when besiegers initiated their assault on a fief.
2). Removed the option to change a lord's culture and equipment. It will now only appear if cheat mode is on.
3). Reverted changes made by Komke to the castle menu. Player can now enter the castle normally.
4). Removed some debug messages at game start.
5). Fixed player receiving items from the troop he bodyslided into after winning a battle.  (Not tested)
6). Fixed script error that occurred when the player changed any of the lord creation thresholds (villages, castles and towns) to 0.
7). Reverted arena fighters back to vanilla (they no longer spawn with knight gear).  (Not tested)
:cool:. Fixed roving knight spawn rate and max amount options being reverted.
9). Added two new options to control mongol camp spawns.
10). Fixed player minister changing faces everytime the player entered the court. (Not tested)
11). Fixed parties like teutonic crusaders (baltic) changing to deserters faction if the player started as king of their faction. (Not tested)
12). Fixed player king start incorrect titles. (Not tested)
13). Fixed player starting with acres on some fiefs. (Not tested)
Download

Please test those fixes and report to me if they work.

BS_air said:
Idk if this a bug or not, but for some reason almost every faction is going to war with the crusader states. Even factions from across the map, making peace basically impossible.
Did you start a new game from v3.0 to v3.1?

Fyzzaraya said:
Hey, fantastic work! I just wonder if it would be possible to add one or more settlements near the black sea, mainly the region of today's Romania. I look on the map and it's one of the few empty spots. Aside from the castle of Targoviste there's nothing there. As a Romanian I'd love to establish a kingdom in that region but there's not much to capture. Thanks!
I could, but i need you to do the following:
1. Give me names of the settlements
2. Specify which of them are castles, towns and villages
3. Inform what faction they belonged to
4. Use the mount and blade map editor to get the coordinates where each of them will be placed
I don't have time to do this on my end. If you could do the above for me i could add them quickly.

naikjoy2 said:
Kratos would you please make a Patreon page for AD1257... set the goals to 25,50,100$. That this is to hire people making scenarios to work part time.... or people optimizing the mesh or something. Just so you aren't alone in this and if people working for this project get some little money out of it.
Probably not a good idea. I'm the only one active and people want results. Setting a patreon would only create stress for both parties.

safdas0519 said:
thank you for the new update. I know it is too early, just wondering will you interested in 1257ad for bannerlord version? best wishes
Unless i get a new computer and a team that can do graphical work i don't see this coming.

It keeps crashing on me saying it's out of video memory.
Please make it more stable before adding new stuff.
Vanilla AD1257 was already full of glitches...

I played this mod a long time ago and recently got back into it after seeing some updates. Been loving a lot of changes so far but there are some bothersome bugs that I have encountered.

1. Every unit during Siege Battles for both offense and defense are labeled as "Archers" despite being otherwise. Makes it a gigantic pain trying to position my troops properly. This also for some reason forces the actual archers to stop firing altogether unless told otherwise.

2. As a King, Random Created Lords will still spawn naked/no equipment when choosing the Culture as "Player Culture". I looked up the original Custom Troop Tree mod and it says to use the "CTT Fix" in the Camp Options menu but there is no such thing.

Those are the ones that are the biggest for me personally. I do have a couple of suggestions if you're interested in checking out!

1. Appoint Loyal Vassal as King
If you want to be free from your Kingly duties then you can appoint one of your loyal followers to lead in your stead. This would allow you to once again become a Adventurer or Freelancer for another country. You may come back to your Kingdom however after every week or so from reliving yourself of your duty, you will lose Relationship with your appointed King/Kingdom and if it falls down enough they may not let you back in with open arms.

2. Double 00 Vassals
Kings and Monarchs may send their own Vassals to enlist into neighboring Kingdoms as an Secret Agent. An Agent may be assigned to different goals. For example, an Agent's goal is to be awarded a fief and then switch back their allegiance to their original King on command with the ownership of the said fief. Or another goal an Agent may have is to cause much political strife in the Kingdom thus weakening their influence. However things will not always work out so smoothly and consequences will be suffered. If an Agent is caught, they will either be executed or put in prison for almost indefinitely. Another scenario may happen where the Agent double crosses their original King and pledge their true allegiance with the enemy. Personalities will play a gigantic role their the success rate favoring mostly Negative Personalities.

Game keeps crashing at start (loading screen after new game option) under v.3.1 with a hotfix. Version 2.1 works just fine.

MOD is very good. But when I play until the 300th day or more, the game will freeze sometimes. That is really annoying.

-Fighters in the arena appear with no weapons or clothing whatsoever

-My party was accused of murdering a faction leader in the first 10 seconds of game play. You end up at war with factions for no reason of your own accord. I was also able to get hired as a mercenary whilst being at war with the faction. This is Not playable.

-Patrols are still bugged? Are you ever planning on addressing this issue?

For those with problems related to marriage, ladies have personality types:
1. A ambitious lady requires at least 350 renown to be interested in marriage.
2. A moralist lady needs you to have 10 honor.
3. the rest of them require 20 or more relations.

Update v3.2
Moddb|Nexus|Changelog

stingiang said:
MOD is very good. But when I play until the 300th day or more, the game will freeze sometimes. That is really annoying.
1. Activate cheat mode
2. Go to camp > debug options
3. Click on "Print current statistics"
4. Go to your rgl_log file in the game main folder
5. Copy and paste here everything that is between "########################" (number signs)(e.g. "Manor count:")

Btw, for you people who downloaded the hotfix for v3.1 you will not need to start a new game for this patch, except for items 18 and 23.

Testing 3.2

player adventurer:

- Auto upgrading companions gear from the post battle option gets text errors

-Group of rebels called "jihadists player" wondering around with my faction colors 

-Kill count goes away when you press numbers on a keyboard

-Drunk in taverns sometimes ask if I want to hire his men

-Mamluk weapons and armor in Mongol towns

-Javelins have an accuracy problem, they are not even close to the target center on foot from even a little distance 

-Able to enlist patrol, but I am unable to disband them, when the messenger says "negative" or when then messenger says "positive."

-Patrol does not show up under kingdom armies when asking the constable, says "0 patrols"

-Patrol does not cost weekly wages or show up in budget report

-Unable to purchase new patrol even after waiting 2 weeks, you can only get patrols from the garrison, cannot buy them. 

-Lords joining my faction without permission, wasn't this fixed before?

-Arena fighters have no weapons or clothes

-Castle AI guards not being replaced out by new faction that controls the town or castle. This is a newly introduced bug.

-Mercenary bandit parties sometimes have 150-200 troops. This was a problem a few months ago as well, Is this intentional? I encountered one party (escaped prisoners) that had 800 men in it, that alone breaks the mod. This is another revisit of something fixed once and broken again. 

-Getting a wall of red text texture errors fighting at Ismailiya versus mamluks. Looks like shader bugs with crusader armor or something? Error text: said cannot load texture "Normal map dds crusader helm 1257 enhanced" " Normal map Norman face plate dds 1257 enhanced" in RED TEXT ect.. Then crashes right afterwords. it won't let me screenshot it, keeps crashing when I try. I lowered my battle size to 50 and turned off all graphics and still had an the issue. Had other sieges without this issue at all in 3.2. that work fine with my regular battle settings. Some of the textures in this enhanced edition prevent using any kind of higher graphic settings. In the original 1257, I had max settings with 400+ battle size with no issues. 

-Mod crashes frequently when I am in the create custom units screen. same issue as above. Textures turn black, game is unresponsive. Never had this in any other mod. 

My opinions:

-Faction resurrection removed?

-Factions stay at war with each other too long without peace, leads to big factions being erased from a war beginning at the start of a campaign. E.G, France wiped out England in one war. Balance is off. 

-Mamluk faction has been wipped out by day 150 in all my campaigns.

-ranged units carry too many bolts and too many arrows for battle balance

-When hired as a mercenary, the player controls the lords armies in siege battles, seems kind of silly.

Is it possible to get some more reports or easier information in the mod?
Floris has a lot of these features, there is also one mod called Empire report (maybe not supported anymore).

stevehoos said:
1. -Mamluk weapons and armor in Mongol towns

2. -Unable to purchase new patrol even after waiting 2 weeks, you can only get patrols from the garrison, cannot buy them. 

3. -Arena fighters have no weapons or clothes

4. -Castle AI guards not being replaced out by new faction that controls the town or castle. This is a newly introduced bug.

5. -Mercenary bandit parties sometimes have 150-200 troops. This was a problem a few months ago as well, Is this intentional? I encountered one party (escaped prisoners) that had 800 men in it, that alone breaks the mod. This is another revisit of something fixed once and broken again. 

My opinions:

6. -Faction resurrection removed?

7. -Factions stay at war with each other too long without peace, leads to big factions being erased from a war beginning at the start of a campaign. E.G, France wiped out England in one war. Balance is off. 

8. -Mamluk faction has been wipped out by day 150 in all my campaigns.

9. -When hired as a mercenary, the player controls the lords armies in siege battles, seems kind of silly.
1. If you're talking about the Il-Khanate they are there because the faction have anatolian culture (turk/seljuq)
2. The money is taken from the treasury not from the player inventory.
3 and 4. Fixed here.
5. Mercenary warbands have that size. And the escaped prisoner party number is correct as well. Every time a fief has more than 400 prisoners there's a chance that a prison break will happen causing all of them to form a party and wander the map.
6. Yes
7. Reduce the diplomacy time in the camp menu
8. They're wiped out in vanilla 1257 as well.
9. People at the modding help thread said that this is a issue with the game engine, so there's nothing i can do about it.

-Mod crashes frequently when I am in the create custom units screen. same issue as above. Textures turn black, game is unresponsive. Never had this in any other mod. 
Can you please inform me in which item tab (armor, helmets, boots, etc) does this happen? And after what page? I'm trying to figure out what are those items that cause the crashes.

I'm working to fix the other bugs.

@ Kratos

This is what happens when cycling through the custom units screen after saving one edited unit and continuing. Does this in armor, shields, and helmet selections, not just in one section or page. The items turn black and you get "unable to load" texture warnings like I described in the siege battle that kept crashing. After the items turn black, it crashes when you try to exit or attempt to save. You can see the items that have turned black in the picture below. 

6D0276185B600A1A67900151F7F55F4934B1661E

-Also getting that after battle issue after sieges where there is another battle with no troops involved.

-Created lords still having instances of having no armor and being named "Lord."

-When fighting in freelancer, after a siege attack, the clear the last of the enemies out feature includes only the player against the ai party.

stevehoos said:
@ Kratos
This is what happens when cycling through the custom units screen after saving one edited unit and continuing. Does this in armor, shields, and helmet selections, not just in one section or page. The items turn black and you get "unable to load" texture warnings like I described in the siege battle that kept crashing. After the items turn black, it crashes when you try to exit or attempt to save. You can see the items that have turned black in the picture below. 

That will happen when the game use more than 4GB ram, or your pc run out of ram. Cycling through troops tree or "find an item" menu in Cheatmenu forced the game to load too many textures at once -> use more than 4gb ram -> crash.

Charles de Tonkin said:
stevehoos said:
@ Kratos

That will happen when the game use more than 4GB ram, or your pc run out of ram. Cycling through troops tree or "find an item" menu in Cheatmenu forced the game to load too many textures at once -> use more than 4gb ram -> crash.

This is an issue with individual textures in the mod. Cycling through troop trees does not produce a crash.

Back
Top Bottom