SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Dazzer said:
Apparently rubik's code is for original Mount & Blade. Is it possible it may cause some issues because of that?
Nope. Warband is very similar to the original game. The constants that the game uses to define things haven't changed much. If there was a problem the compiler would point that out.

Alright then. So far so good, started the campaign as a Welsh vassal, gave myself a nice Welsh sounding name and suddenly on the campaign map I got renamed to 'Islam' :grin:. I havent played vanilla AD for some time so I dont remember if thats a vanilla bug or its coming from this
Also tried out being a Bohemian prince (this time got recalled to Livestock Farm) and as I was travelling through my manor, more than half of the people were drunk. Now that is quite accurate for Czechs, but it happened in the Welsh manor aswell. It has no major impact of course but the chance of meeting a drunken villager could be lowered a bit

Nicodemus. said:
1. IS THe faction culture change glitched or what? tried 3 different cultures and all end up being the same: halqa Levy and Bedouins, the culture of the closest faction.
if you knew that the overhead spear animation is bugged, then why did you add it to the game? bots look stupid even with shields.
2. also an original bug from 1257 is that spears keep on breaking even when the "weapon break" option is off.
3. also is there a way to revert to the old map?
4. where do the Varangian Guard appear, and are they obtainable? they have a troop.
1. v1.8 changed the culture system. Value to change culture of faction was reduced in half but changing it doesn't change the FIEF culture. I did this to allow for players to have fiefs with different cultures of their choosing. Read the changelog for more details.

2. I didn't know this since i seldom used spears but i will take a look.

3. Copy vanilla 1257AD map.txt + texture files:
map_steppe.dds
map_steppe_pl.dds
ocean.dds
desert.dds
dry_grass.dds

4. They currently do not appear (i may be wrong). I will fix this in next update.

Just some minor details I noticed.

Both the Il Khanite and the Golden Horde have their religion as Islam, but they didn't convert to Islam until the start of the 14th century. Shouldn't they be Mongolian Paganism since that's what they were primarily in 1257?

Not that it matters to me, but the Pope in the mod is Pope Gregory XI, but in 1257 it was actually still the papacy of Pope Alexander IV.

A minor detail, but the Il Khanite and the Golden Horde women are all caucasian/arab. Just find it a bit curious there are asian men but no asian women.  :grin:

Haven't run into any technical problems except where I hired myself as a vassal. Occasionally character clones can be encountered in Manors, especially when they expand and have more spawn points.

Love the new map textures!

In the meantime, what do you guys think about my executioner getup? (Had to edit the underwear texture to be black so it blends in with the dark grey hose)

3GoubhI.png

I'm planning out my fanatic pope playthrough where I convert the papal states into a zealot mob. Figured I needed a good outfit style for my companion posse. Definitely not tearing out a page from Berserk on this one.

Dazzer said:
Alright then. So far so good, started the campaign as a Welsh vassal, gave myself a nice Welsh sounding name and suddenly on the campaign map I got renamed to 'Islam' :grin:. I havent played vanilla AD for some time so I dont remember if thats a vanilla bug or its coming from this
Also tried out being a Bohemian prince (this time got recalled to Livestock Farm) and as I was travelling through my manor, more than half of the people were drunk. Now that is quite accurate for Czechs, but it happened in the Welsh manor aswell. It has no major impact of course but the chance of meeting a drunken villager could be lowered a bit
I started a new game here as welsh but didn't find any problems in over 30 game days.

The second problem is due to me trying to implement SW conquest cantina brawls  :lol:. As soon as i manage to spawn townsman inside taverns i remove that from towns and villages.

secretstamos said:
Just some minor details I noticed.

1. Both the Il Khanite and the Golden Horde have their religion as Islam, but they didn't convert to Islam until the start of the 14th century. Shouldn't they be Mongolian Paganism since that's what they were primarily in 1257?

2. Not that it matters to me, but the Pope in the mod is Pope Gregory XI, but in 1257 it was actually still the papacy of Pope Alexander IV.

3. A minor detail, but the Il Khanite and the Golden Horde women are all caucasian/arab. Just find it a bit curious there are asian men but no asian women.  :grin:

4.Haven't run into any technical problems except where I hired myself as a vassal. Occasionally character clones can be encountered in Manors, especially when they expand and have more spawn points.

Love the new map textures!
1. This is from vanilla 1257 and my guess is because Berke Khan was a muslim and even though the Il Khanate was governed by mongols the bulk of it's population and troops is muslim (turks). We can discuss this further if you want.

2. Strange. I checked the files and the name already is Alexander IV.

3. The mod is missing face textures for asian woman.

4. This is already on the bugtracker in the nexus and i'm currently on the search of a fix.

In regards to the religion of the Il-Khanite, Golden Horde and (to a lesser degree the Latin Empire), I understand the original intention of the creators having it be dictated by the bulk of the population rather than the leaders. However, I personally feel like your modification of the mod's likelihood to declare war lends itself much better to historical accuracy and the case of the religion being that of the administration. I'll use the Latin Empire as an example.

The Latin Empire's populations were mostly Orthodox in 1257, but the state was designed as a pro-Catholic entity by the 4th Crusaders. Currently with your (awesome) modification to war against differing religion neighbors, they are more likely to engage war against Catholic neighbors, and less likely to engage war against Orthodox neighbors.

Historically we know this wasn't the case because the Catholic leaders of the Latin Empire rather consistently waged war against their Orthodox neighbors (Bulgaria, Nicaea), with which they had a lot of religious strife with. I'd argue this is because the Latin Empire was not a democracy, and ultimately followed the policies of their Catholic dictators.

Arguably the Latin Empire, Il-Khanite and Golden Horde are controlled by dictators, so I'd make the point they should follow the religious influences of their leaders as opposed to their general populations.

I would say since a faction's listed religion dictates how they operate, we should consider it more from which religion their command structures adhere to.

Thanks for discussing it with me! That's pretty much all I'd have to say about it. After all, you're the king and I'm the peasant here  :shifty:

secretstamos said:
In regards to the religion of the Il-Khanite, Golden Horde and (to a lesser degree the Latin Empire), I understand the original intention of the creators having it be dictated by the bulk of the population rather than the leaders. However, I personally feel like your modification of the mod's likelihood to declare war lends itself much better to historical accuracy and the case of the religion being that of the administration. I'll use the Latin Empire as an example.

The Latin Empire's populations were mostly Orthodox in 1257, but the state was designed as a pro-Catholic entity by the 4th Crusaders. Currently with your (awesome) modification to war against differing religion neighbors, they are more likely to engage war against Catholic neighbors, and less likely to engage war against Orthodox neighbors.

Historically we know this wasn't the case because the Catholic leaders of the Latin Empire rather consistently waged war against their Orthodox neighbors (Bulgaria, Nicaea), with which they had a lot of religious strife with. I'd argue this is because the Latin Empire was not a democracy, and ultimately followed the policies of their Catholic dictators.

Arguably the Latin Empire, Il-Khanite and Golden Horde are controlled by dictators, so I'd make the point they should follow the religious influences of their leaders as opposed to their general populations.

I would say since a faction's listed religion dictates how they operate, we should consider it more from which religion their command structures adhere to.

Thanks for discussing it with me! That's pretty much all I'd have to say about it. After all, you're the king and I'm the peasant here  :shifty:
Thank you for expanding on that. This is the kind of discussion we need on this forum. Yes you're right, the faction's religion should prevail against the subjugated people's religion. I changed the religion of the Ilkhanate to mongol pagan and of the Latin Empire to catholic. Golden Horde will stay as it is. I also made things save compatible. You just have to wait 24 hours for the changes to take effect.

secretstamos said:
Gekokujo has some, maybe they'd be willing to share? Who knows.
Yes i will contact the author.

Awesome!  :grin: I looked around the map, and all the factions seem to be accurate, at least from my understanding.  :party:

Sorry for throwing so much stuff your way, but I noticed an apparent oversight from the original creators of 1257:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/28cfj9/anno_domini_1257_changing_companions_names/

They allow you to export companion stats, but their names are locked from edit. I know a few other mods with this companion export system (Floris, Clash of Kings) that have the name field open for edit. 1257 seems to be intended to allow companion name changes since John, Peter and Joseph are seemingly just generic templates.

Here's an example of it in Clash of Kings (Arcade Knight's tutorial)
https://youtu.be/nIOlDjbS1ew

1257 is such a good mod, probably one of the best. I think it's really cool how you're polishing it and finally finishing it.  :grin:

1.8 Bugs

1. Too many options in a fief's menu screen can cause the player to get stuck in the fief because the Leave option is hidden on the bottom. This happened in another mod I tested and the dev fixed it by adding an Other option that combined some options.

https://i.imgur.com/CQ4VgXX.jpg

2. Some options in a fief's management window give the incorrect option when clicked. Also, building fief improvements may give the incorrect option and not take into account the party's Engineering skill. In the example below, I tried to build a fortified manner in a village but a school was started instead. The party had a 10 in engineering but the build time was 56 days.

https://i.imgur.com/uStCm9x.jpg

This was me trying to award my character a village but it gave me a town instead.

https://i.imgur.com/7al0ElR.jpg

4. Script Error after a marshall raids a village

https://i.imgur.com/rqc0R60.jpg

KratosMKII said:
I tried adding that (the modsys version) but instead of executing the overhead animation my character starts playing the tavern eating animation. I'm currently trying to fix this.

Interesting. I think I encountered a similiar problem in a different mod when I tried to edit the actions.txt file and add the new lines manually, but the extra animation slots that were supposed to be used by polearms were already taken by said tavern animations.

I couldn't have done anything about it since I didn't had access to source. Maybe it's more manageable here, since we have access to it?

Nicodemus. said:
WHat Has gone wrong?
Looks like you need to copy over another texture from native? Perhaps steppe_mountains_b.dds or steppe_mountains_c.dds ?

KratosMKII said:
Actually probably no need. There's an OSP here with some:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125606.0.html

womanface_yiy_7
womanface_yiy_9
womanface_yiy_11
womanface_yiy_12

Lastly, I also noticed this was open source. Crusaders Way to Expiation has some extremely good looking Crusader armor and middle east scenes. Pretty amazing they're allowing them to be used openly so long as credits are given.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,337081.0.html

76f6abefc379.jpg
50957600c17a.jpg
aa8f01c48577.jpg

Hi really love your mod and how you have polished everything. Just a question is there any new music added and can i add the oroginal music addon that was published in december of 2015 to the enchanced edition or will i screw up the other sounds ?

Just found out this mod is using some old helmet models I made for darkness rising while playing it. I don't mind at all actually it does make me happy to see them being used, just wanted to know how they ended up here or if they were in the original 1257 Ad version ? The helmets in question are named spangenhelms IG and are used by the lithuanians (I initially made them for the langobardi) some of them also have hair attached to them.

SUGGESTION:

CARAVANS.

Can we get this implemented? Im spending every week travelling trading goods.... To spawn a caravan and give troops or whatever (i believe they had it in Brytenwalda or other) would totally change the dynamics of the game...

secretstamos said:
Awesome!  :grin: I looked around the map, and all the factions seem to be accurate, at least from my understanding.  :party:

Sorry for throwing so much stuff your way, but I noticed an apparent oversight from the original creators of 1257:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/28cfj9/anno_domini_1257_changing_companions_names/

They allow you to export companion stats, but their names are locked from edit. I know a few other mods with this companion export system (Floris, Clash of Kings) that have the name field open for edit. 1257 seems to be intended to allow companion name changes since John, Peter and Joseph are seemingly just generic templates.

Here's an example of it in Clash of Kings (Arcade Knight's tutorial)
https://youtu.be/nIOlDjbS1ew

1257 is such a good mod, probably one of the best. I think it's really cool how you're polishing it and finally finishing it.  :grin:
I'm looking for a fix.

Master Rawl said:
1.8 Bugs

1. Too many options in a fief's menu screen can cause the player to get stuck in the fief because the Leave option is hidden on the bottom. This happened in another mod I tested and the dev fixed it by adding an Other option that combined some options.

https://i.imgur.com/CQ4VgXX.jpg

2. Some options in a fief's management window give the incorrect option when clicked. Also, building fief improvements may give the incorrect option and not take into account the party's Engineering skill. In the example below, I tried to build a fortified manner in a village but a school was started instead. The party had a 10 in engineering but the build time was 56 days.

https://i.imgur.com/uStCm9x.jpg

This was me trying to award my character a village but it gave me a town instead.

https://i.imgur.com/7al0ElR.jpg

4. Script Error after a marshall raids a village

https://i.imgur.com/rqc0R60.jpg
1. Fixed in v1.9
2/3/4. Will fix.

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
KratosMKII said:
I tried adding that (the modsys version) but instead of executing the overhead animation my character starts playing the tavern eating animation. I'm currently trying to fix this.

Interesting. I think I encountered a similiar problem in a different mod when I tried to edit the actions.txt file and add the new lines manually, but the extra animation slots that were supposed to be used by polearms were already taken by said tavern animations.

I couldn't have done anything about it since I didn't had access to source. Maybe it's more manageable here, since we have access to it?
Yes, I didn't find the cause yet but i'm working on it.

Nicodemus. said:
KratosMKII said:
3. Copy vanilla 1257AD map.txt + texture files:
map_steppe.dds
map_steppe_pl.dds
ocean.dds
desert.dds
dry_grass.dds
WHat Has gone wrong?
PrQGe6K.jpg
I added a optional folder in 1.9+ that has the textures and map of both vanilla 1257 and enhanced.

secretstamos said:
Nicodemus. said:
WHat Has gone wrong?
Looks like you need to copy over another texture from native? Perhaps steppe_mountains_b.dds or steppe_mountains_c.dds ?

KratosMKII said:
Actually probably no need. There's an OSP here with some:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125606.0.html

womanface_yiy_7
womanface_yiy_9
womanface_yiy_11
womanface_yiy_12

Lastly, I also noticed this was open source. Crusaders Way to Expiation has some extremely good looking Crusader armor and middle east scenes. Pretty amazing they're allowing them to be used openly so long as credits are given.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,337081.0.html

76f6abefc379.jpg
50957600c17a.jpg
aa8f01c48577.jpg
Thanks again for your support. I will add then as soon as get the time.

Lassekongo said:
Hi really love your mod and how you have polished everything. Just a question is there any new music added and can i add the oroginal music addon that was published in december of 2015 to the enchanced edition or will i screw up the other sounds ?
It will work but you have to add the lines below in sounds.txt after snd_sea_ambiance:
Code:
snd_dedal_tavern_lute 1378 3 786 0 787 0 788 0 
snd_dedal_tavern_lyre 1634 3 789 0 790 0 791 0 
snd_woman_grunt 1376 5 792 0 793 0 794 0 795 0 796 0 
snd_woman_stun 2096 3 797 0 798 0 799 0 
snd_woman_grunt_long 1888 4 800 0 801 0 802 0 803 0 
snd_woman_victory 2640 7 804 0 805 0 806 0 807 0 808 0 809 0 810 0

Sayd Ûthman said:
Just found out this mod is using some old helmet models I made for darkness rising while playing it. I don't mind at all actually it does make me happy to see them being used, just wanted to know how they ended up here or if they were in the original 1257 Ad version ? The helmets in question are named spangenhelms IG and are used by the lithuanians (I initially made them for the langobardi) some of them also have hair attached to them.
They are from base 1257 since i didn't add any new equipment yet.

kreamy said:
SUGGESTION:

CARAVANS.

Can we get this implemented? Im spending every week travelling trading goods.... To spawn a caravan and give troops or whatever (i believe they had it in Brytenwalda or other) would totally change the dynamics of the game...
I already implemented a similar system (sending troops to one of your garrisons) so i guess this can be added too.

Back
Top Bottom