SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

kreamy said:
KratosMKII said:
kreamy said:
KratosMKII] [/quote] [color=red][SIZE=24px]What version of the game should I be using? What version are you using? I am using 1.174[/SIZE][/color] [/quote] I'm on 1.172 but it will work with 1.174 since the patch hardly change anything for warband. [/quote] Is v2.0 save game compatible? In new game said:
04B857FB59CC1181BF79BC324002D97E10E1D8BE

I did a quick retexture of the (ornate) priest robes to be something more Pope-like. Let me know if you're interested and I can share them, otherwise I'll just use it on my own personal copy.
kreamy said:
KratosMKII said:
kreamy said:
Sure. Send me the link.

https://megaupload.nz/e8Ibf1j8b4/priest_rar

There's a brown variation in there I tossed in there, feel free to use or ignore it.

I can do some basic texture work of there's anything you need modified.

But the Crusader Way to Expiation OSP should have enough content in it to overhaul the visuals of the Teutonic Order, Templar Knights, Hospitaller Knights, Crusader States, and the Islamic factions. The only thing I'd avoid in there would be the Red/White Hospitaller sets since they didn't adopt those colors until a 1259 by mandate of the pope.

You might be able to use your culture system to add some uniqueness to the Crusader States armies. For instance, the culture of Krak des Chevaliers could be set to Hospitaller, forcing its lord (The Grandmaster of the Hospitallers) to recruit Hospitaller armies from it. This would probably allow you to have Templar Order, Hospitaller Order, Kingdom of Jerusalem (in exile at Acre), Principality of Antioch,  County of Tripoli armies all under one faction.

For some reason when, after just playing the game, the bug with the regional manor (where headless versions of the player are scattered around) fixed itself, and now the correct scene is displayed.

Are you going to take some reference from the 4chan modification of 1257ad (which is pretty good for what it does for infantry), namely adding upstab scripts for spears and some polearms, and Guisarmes to the infantry pool? It makes running infantry a lot less wasteful when they can thrust in multiple directions and have long enough polearms to fight back against light cav.

Additionally, why the hell is the ERE's Kataphraktoi armor only 41+ armor rating?

KratosMKII said:
kreamy said:
KratosMKII said:
kreamy said:
[quote author=KratosMKII]

What version of the game should I be using?
What version are you using?

I am using 1.174
I'm on 1.172 but it will work with 1.174 since the patch hardly change anything for warband.

Is v2.0 save game compatible?
In new game, manor works good with spawning.
In save from 1.91, i go into manor, and im on the side of the castle (literally never seen ti b4, on a hill), with every single NPC, and liek 20 copies of myself....... bro its krezey.

Do you want my savegame>?

when downloading the main 1257ad enhanced file, do i apply all patches consecutively, or from main file to newest patch directly?

secretstamos said:
https://megaupload.nz/e8Ibf1j8b4/priest_rar

There's a brown variation in there I tossed in there, feel free to use or ignore it.

I can do some basic texture work of there's anything you need modified.
In the moment i don't need texture work but i need someone to do some troop balancing for me (or maybe make new troop trees akin to medieval total war 2 e.g. english use longbowmen).

secretstamos said:
But the Crusader Way to Expiation OSP should have enough content in it to overhaul the visuals of the Teutonic Order, Templar Knights, Hospitaller Knights, Crusader States, and the Islamic factions. The only thing I'd avoid in there would be the Red/White Hospitaller sets since they didn't adopt those colors until a 1259 by mandate of the pope.

You might be able to use your culture system to add some uniqueness to the Crusader States armies. For instance, the culture of Krak des Chevaliers could be set to Hospitaller, forcing its lord (The Grandmaster of the Hospitallers) to recruit Hospitaller armies from it. This would probably allow you to have Templar Order, Hospitaller Order, Kingdom of Jerusalem (in exile at Acre), Principality of Antioch,  County of Tripoli armies all under one faction.
I was already going to that multiple culture thing except for Jerusalem their flag doesn't match the equipment in the OSP.

Wyzilla said:
Are you going to take some reference from the 4chan modification of 1257ad (which is pretty good for what it does for infantry), namely adding upstab scripts for spears and some polearms, and Guisarmes to the infantry pool? It makes running infantry a lot less wasteful when they can thrust in multiple directions and have long enough polearms to fight back against light cav.

Additionally, why the hell is the ERE's Kataphraktoi armor only 41+ armor rating?
I already said ITT before that i tried adding upstab but was unsuccessful but i'm working on it.
About Guisarmers: I will look into modded 2x.
About Kataphraktoi: I removed those armors from my current test version and it will be on the next update.

kreamy said:
KratosMKII said:
kreamy said:
KratosMKII said:
kreamy said:
[quote author=KratosMKII]

What version of the game should I be using?
What version are you using?

I am using 1.174
I'm on 1.172 but it will work with 1.174 since the patch hardly change anything for warband.

Is v2.0 save game compatible?
In new game, manor works good with spawning.
In save from 1.91, i go into manor, and im on the side of the castle (literally never seen ti b4, on a hill), with every single NPC, and liek 20 copies of myself....... bro its krezey.

Do you want my savegame>?

when downloading the main 1257ad enhanced file, do i apply all patches consecutively, or from main file to newest patch directly?
You only need to download the latest patch since that has all the previous updates in it. So download the main file (1gb) and then extract the latest update in it.

KratosMKII said:
About Kataphraktoi: I removed those armors from my current test version and it will be on the next update.

I don't think modded 2x had Guisarmers (the anon who did it said he apparently used the vanilla 1257 troops/stuff as base), but they were definitely in modded 1x, which would be the one I'd check IMHO.

https://pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

The blue/gold scheme of the OSP probably stems from the rendition of the Kingdom of Jerusalem outfits from Kingdom of Heaven being that color scheme.

I believe they picked blue/gold over the more likely white/gold so the Jerusalem knights would be more distinct from the Templar knights. I could try to edit the blue to be white on all the sets, but it might take me a while.

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
KratosMKII said:

I don't think modded 2x had Guisarmers (the anon who did it said he apparently used the vanilla 1257 troops/stuff as base), but they were definitely in modded 1x, which would be the one I'd check IMHO.

https://pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
Thanks.

secretstamos said:
The blue/gold scheme of the OSP probably stems from the rendition of the Kingdom of Jerusalem outfits from Kingdom of Heaven being that color scheme.

I believe they picked blue/gold over the more likely white/gold so the Jerusalem knights would be more distinct from the Templar knights. I could try to edit the blue to be white on all the sets, but it might take me a while.
If you can do that then i will be immensely grateful. I'll add your name to the developer list or credits.

Awesome work you're doing here. I've always been fan of medieval games/mods such as Medieval 2 Total War(which I still play whenever I feel like I want some medieval action). Two questions, what stuff are missing and still need to be implemented? Is there any chance you could implement horse archer AI improvement, so they don't charge into enemy but use all of their arrows first? I started to play Warband about 3 weeks ago and already have spent 200 hours in it, Prophesy of Pendor being my first mod that I am close to finishing.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be soon playing 1257 AD with your enhancements.

secretstamos said:
e8zCkvJ.png

Sounds like a fun project. I'm giving it a shot
That looks really good. Could you also make those Hospitaller red armor black? I noticed that they have different details compared to the black armor.

I'm almost finishing porting the OSP to the mod. I created the cultures and trees for Antioch, Tripoli, Ibelin and Jerusalem. I still need to:
1. give the items to the hospitaller, templar, teutonic, arab and seljuk troop trees.
2. Find which fiefs that the mod currently has had a strong presence from the orders. I know for sure that Krak de Chevaliers was a hospitaller stronghold.

Does anyone here know which those were?

EDIT: I finished adding all items to the order troop trees. Now i need to add the items the helmets and weapons to christian and muslim troop trees and then edit the item stats and flags so that they appear in merchants.

JynJao said:
Awesome work you're doing here. I've always been fan of medieval games/mods such as Medieval 2 Total War(which I still play whenever I feel like I want some medieval action). Two questions, what stuff are missing and still need to be implemented? Is there any chance you could implement horse archer AI improvement, so they don't charge into enemy but use all of their arrows first? I started to play Warband about 3 weeks ago and already have spent 200 hours in it, Prophesy of Pendor being my first mod that I am close to finishing.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be soon playing 1257 AD with your enhancements.
I already added the horse archer improvement. If you had read the changelog you would know that.

Banmin said:
Why are default death sounds used despite over 30 sounds which were in AD 1257?
Because i didn't like those. I will make another folder with the 1257 sounds in the next release.

It's really awsome to see the rebirth of this mod it was the first one i played and still remains as one of my favourite!
Played a bit of this new version it looks promising!

One suggestion on the name of king of France Louis IX: he shoul'nt be named "the saint" in 1257, he was canonized only in 1297, almost thirty years after his death.

I have some knowledge in medieval history/archeology of France, i might be able to do some more historical/realistic/uniques scenes for the Kingdom Of France if you are interested!

Back
Top Bottom