SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

I prefer the female faces from the earlier version and am trying to massage module.ini/skins.txt/textures to revert back.
The way I have it right the game runs but crashes (CTD) after a brief pause when attempting to do anything that would reveal the character faces.
Any suggestions on how this could be done? Do I need to edit some brfs? Thanks!

SpeedLucky said:
Hello, I downloaded your remastering, I really liked it.
If you need help creating models of the environment, I can help you.
Sent you a PM.

Brum Eldar said:
KratosMKII said:
Brum Eldar said:
KratosMKII said:
Brum Eldar said:
1. Great mod! i would like to ask if there is any way to rename your random generated lords, i have like 4 Lord Random and it's very hard when it comes to give fiefs or make him follow you, 2. also i always get the texture error "unable to find material grass_no_shadow" :dead:

3. Also i would like to report a bug when you found your own kingdom in a few days everyone starts a war on you, but they doesn't show in red as enemies and you can't talk peace with them but they still invade your castle and raid villages(??)
1 & 2: Bugs. You could try using Warbender to edit the lord's names. I'm working on fixing it.
3. It's probably because you don't have enough right to rule. If you don't other kingdoms will see you as a threat and gang up on you.

i just tested it and for example i had like more than 700 right to rule and still the same happens, and the kingdoms that declared war on you appears like if they were still neutral, when you try to attack them it appears the message Kingdom X declared war on Kingdom of Hungary
What was the relation you had with them before they declared war on you? And after?

MickDick said:
1. Has anyone here managed to get the wages working at least?

Troops paying you makes the whole experience trivially easy.  At least with the bug of being party size thinking your marshal and king you can just turn those modifiers to 0 yourself until they should be properly applied.  And you don't need to have the generated lords/execution feature on so that's an avoidable issue for now as well.

2. Pathing for siege scenes need to be fixed as well though it's not completely broken bad but bad enough.  In general single ladder sieges are utterly unacceptable anyway also.
1. Fixed in 2dot3.
2. The only person who knows scening is Caractacus. He stated he will do scenes for France so i don't know if he's interested in fixing this type of thing.

Captain_Octavius said:
The custom troop tree doesn't appear to be working, at least not if you start as a Monarch. No matter what I try, the troops always stay naked with the same generic names.

This could very well be my favorite Warband mod, but severe bugs like this keep me from playing right now.
Don't use CTT for now. It's broken. Since i'm in the Perisno dev team maybe they could allow me to use their version of custom troops. That is much better.

Hello,
Sorry for the long answer back, with them i had relation, 0 neutral. i didn't attack them or anything for example me beign on Hungary, suddenly all factions comes at me (included for example kingdom of england and even scottish kingdom)
How many days it took for that to happen? Is it always on the same date?

konakona said:
I prefer the female faces from the earlier version and am trying to massage module.ini/skins.txt/textures to revert back.
The way I have it right the game runs but crashes (CTD) after a brief pause when attempting to do anything that would reveal the character faces.
Any suggestions on how this could be done? Do I need to edit some brfs? Thanks!
You need to replace skins.txt and then add some lines that 2.0 had in module.ini. Then you have to paste any .brf that is missing in v2.1, as well as textures.

All other bug reports have been noted.

Few WIP of my work on the new historical town scene for France:

Town of Nantes, with the early castle of Dukes of Brittany, almost finished:
1546171346-20181230125254-1.jpg

Town of Paris, with the Louvre fortress in the foreground:
1546171355-20181230125348-1.jpg

Another view of Paris, here you can see the road that lead to St-Honoré Gate.
1546171360-20181230125504-1.jpg

And a very early WIP of the town of Rouen, with the new castle build by the King of France after the conquest of the town in 1204
1546171367-20181230125634-1.jpg

Thanks! That fixed the white plants so I can play now, but it still threw the missing texture error, just for the record.

*Update* I think that it is the pixel shader option being on that causes the white grass. Edit the rgl to make the pixel shader 0 instead of 1.

Also seems to be some kind if textual bug in the in battle command menu for f4. Double printing or something.

Whoa, great work.  Glad to see someone has decided to take up the reins of this project  :grin:

You've added a ton, and it all looks great, but I was wondering if any of the older versions were save game compatible?  Something that addresses some bugs but keeps the "vanilla" 1257 AD experience?

So here is a pretty bad bug:

I was an English vassal. I had a few armies from England follow me as I attack a Castillian Lord who was raiding someone else's village. I got the normal who are you screen. Said the English fellows joined on my side. Went to the battle prep screen. As I had over 1000 men on my side and about 290 on the enemy side. Entered the battle and everyone spawned agaibst me. The English were still fighting the Castillian but they were also fighting me and my men. We spawned on one of the village maps.

Wiped out my entire Army. After i was knocked out I lost the battle and was captured by the Castillian. I was the one who initiated the battle as opposed to joining someone else already fighting. It sucked.

I'm kind of confused about how the freelancer system works in this mod. The only option I have is to join as a rural levy, and my only upgrade option seems to be as an archer, even with no power draw skill.

On another note, is there any way to change the way leaving a battle with the tab button works? Instead of the game asking "are you sure" when I hit tab after being knocked out, it just automatically assumes that I do. I sometimes use the steam overlay while waiting for a battle to finish after I get knocked out.

Caractacus said:

And a very early WIP of the town of Rouen, with the new castle build by the King of France after the conquest of the town in 1204
Looking great :grin:

stevehoos said:
Are custom troops disabled right now? I can't get the screen to do anything after talking to the constable.
Do not use CTT for now.

NoMayo15 said:
Whoa, great work.  Glad to see someone has decided to take up the reins of this project  :grin:

You've added a ton, and it all looks great, but I was wondering if any of the older versions were save game compatible?  Something that addresses some bugs but keeps the "vanilla" 1257 AD experience?
You could try 1257 Reloaded submod in the 1257 subforum.

burgunfaust said:
So here is a pretty bad bug:

I was an English vassal. I had a few armies from England follow me as I attack a Castillian Lord who was raiding someone else's village. I got the normal who are you screen. Said the English fellows joined on my side. Went to the battle prep screen. As I had over 1000 men on my side and about 290 on the enemy side. Entered the battle and everyone spawned agaibst me. The English were still fighting the Castillian but they were also fighting me and my men. We spawned on one of the village maps.

Wiped out my entire Army. After i was knocked out I lost the battle and was captured by the Castillian. I was the one who initiated the battle as opposed to joining someone else already fighting. It sucked.
Noted.

shades_o_grey said:
I'm kind of confused about how the freelancer system works in this mod. The only option I have is to join as a rural levy, and my only upgrade option seems to be as an archer, even with no power draw skill.

On another note, is there any way to change the way leaving a battle with the tab button works? Instead of the game asking "are you sure" when I hit tab after being knocked out, it just automatically assumes that I do. I sometimes use the steam overlay while waiting for a battle to finish after I get knocked out.
Freelance picks up the tier 1 troop of the faction, which in the case of 1257, it's always the village recruit. You can always change your division later by talking to your commander. If you have high renown or are a noble, you start as a castle recruit.

About the tab button: what other mod does this (asking if you are sure)?

KratosMKII said:
shades_o_grey said:

Freelance picks up the tier 1 troop of the faction, which in the case of 1257, it's always the village recruit. You can always change your division later by talking to your commander. If you have high renown or are a noble, you start as a castle recruit.

Do we know what the renown threshold is for starting as a castle recruit? Is there any way to start as an Urban levy, instead of a Rural levy?

I might have misremembered about the tab button issue, as I also use steam overlay during mop-up freelancer battles where there are just a few enemies left and no point in running across the map before the cavalry get to them. I've currently side-stepped the retreat by rebinding the leave / retreat key in the Warband options.

burgunfaust said:
Do you want a list of script errors as they pop up?
Sure. That would help.

shades_o_grey said:
KratosMKII said:
shades_o_grey said:

Do we know what the renown threshold is for starting as a castle recruit? Is there any way to start as an Urban levy, instead of a Rural levy?

I might have misremembered about the tab button issue, as I also use steam overlay during mop-up freelancer battles where there are just a few enemies left and no point in running across the map before the cavalry get to them. I've currently side-stepped the retreat by rebinding the leave / retreat key in the Warband options.
Probably 100-200. And no there isn't. I remember that some version of freelancer had a option upon recruitment where the player could choose to be a archer of foot soldier. I look into it.

Could you please rework the shield bash into something that's actually usable? At least let us get one good swing in instead of knocking the enemy down and having to stand around like a lamppost waiting for them to get up,

Caractacus said:

Very nice work. If I knew that my models would be used up to 2019 I would have modelled much more. But instead I stopped as I thought Bannerlord would come out near 2013-2014 :facepalm:

Al-Mansūr said:
Caractacus said:

Very nice work. If I knew that my models would be used up to 2019 I would have modelled much more. But instead I stopped as I thought Bannerlord would come out near 2013-2014 :facepalm:

Well, **** around with this 1257 AD - Enchanced edition mod.. find out if working with KratosMKII is enjoyable. Maybe you guys could yeald some good results.
Hell, I'd join in myself if I wasn't so lazy.

There's a lord without clothing called Random End in Teutonic Order in Livonia.

Is it possible to choose Byzantine banner (two-head eagle)? I can't find it anymore. Byzantine cities have such banners, but lords use flags with crosses.

Back
Top Bottom