Was beta better or now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yoshi Murasaki said:
Used said:
that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard

Try recording yourself then.

if theres tons and tons of servers in 'poor eu countries' then clearly the whole rich/poor thing is stupid and it doesnt matter what the economic status of the country is

Oh? So you're saying the ONLY reason why none of the millions of US people didn't set a server with medium speed, is that.. they are too LAZY? Is that it? They just can't be bothered?

In that case why are they complaining? Are you saying they want to be breastfed?

Silly me. I thought it's about money, and no one wants to use their own money into it, while people in poor EU countries use their money (even though they have much less of it).

But now that you explained to me it's just they're lazy, admin can close the other thread.

each admin has their own reasons for why they want a different combat speed than medium, and its not just america, the admin of the games_on_net servers set the speed to 'faster' (which is the WORST speed)

Well that's totally different country, different mentality different politics. When America goes to war Australia says "we dont follow you, bad, bad America!".

Look, point being, poor Polish and Russian citizens can have plenty of servers but American and Australians with 10x higher salaries can't a single one. Please. OK, Australia is cool but they are few compared to US, having a single server of any kind is achievement there.
Wow... look at you being incredibly ignorant. Why does this turn into an American bashing post? Doesn't belong here, doesn't belong anywhere. Claiming there's no help for us in terms of battle servers because we're a 'fast food country'? Really? Do you really want to be like that?

Also where do you get the assumption that the people who run servers in Europe are poor? How are you supposed to know that? Also, millions of U.S. citizens not running battle servers? Dumbest thing I've ever read.

Its been indeed a long time since I saw Yoshi behave soo dumb. But its nothing totally new.

I know this post is unnecessary, but I feel somewhat guilty when reading such bull**** about US from EU people.

glustrod said:
I know this post is unnecessary, but I feel somewhat guilty when reading such bull**** about US from EU people.[/spoiler]

Such bull****? I only said they got more money, and said it's fast food nation. If you have a problem with the first you also have problem with Reality, and if you have problem with the second deal with Archonsod whom I sort of quoted. Oh, and, Reality in that case too.

As I said, emotions are the enemy of the wise. Which is why barely anyone is wise but everyone is emotional. Sniff sniff.

you say and i quote 'millions of US people', as if they all play warband?

i dont even know what point youre trying to make here, and dont bring your 'Emotions are the enemy of the wise.' crap into this you god damn weeabo

the beta was better, i had a lot more fun than after the release.
better fights and more teamwork

after the release there were more and more player who specialized in imba tactics like kickslash, fag-feint or spamming with a big 2h weapon. it was killing all the fun.

sure there were also some of them in the beta but it was a minority. (for me)

In my opinion the game is better now,  although during Beta it was nice to know all the players, there was a sense of comunity due to there being a very small number of us.

totally off-topic here, sorry.

Yoshi, you quoted Archonsod without saying so and know that I said its bull**** you hide and say it was him? very wise.
I do not know where when or what Archonsod said, but I can imagine that it was in its highly (self)-ironical, many people offending, special way. The way you said it it was simply ignorant, as the other guy said.

I don't want to argue why I think you cannot call america (or any other country) a fast food nation. First, I still do not think you really believe that. Second, it really doesn't belong here.

I also whonder why you think the prosperity of a nation/region/the people has anything to do with setting up medium speed servers.  :neutral:

I don't think there's a notable actual quality difference between the better beta versions and the current game. Some problems have been fixed, other flaws have been created, but nothing too bad. The game is fine as it is. But, as Gabeed said, beta was a better experience. Not only because you recognised other players from the forums, but also because everything was new. I squeaked like a little girl when I finally got into the Warband beta. Everyone was still exploring the game and its possibilities, developing their fighting styles, and so on. The fact that you were able to test out a brand new toy with people you knew made it stand out.

I think the Beta community was much more fun. Everyone knew who the top players were and people were seriously good. The game has imporved some since then, and people are getting better, but I enjoyed the beta stage more.

I didn't play beta so I have nothing to compare it to but if you want a sense of community you should join a clan or at least find a server to be a regular on. When I play on IG_Battlegrounds I know the IG players very well of course but I also recognize 60%+ of the non-IG players at any given time and could probably tell you something about each of their playstyles without much difficulty.

HJKL said:
I didn't play beta so I have nothing to compare it to but if you want a sense of community you should join a clan or at least find a server to be a regular on. When I play on IG_Battlegrounds I know the other IG players very well of course but I also recognize 60%+ of the non-IG players at any given time and could probably tell you something about each of their playstyles without much difficulty.

I'm head of the Horse at PRT =p
I'm living a sense of community, but the beta was a community on a larger scale.

Hmm, 9 months since I played ... and here we see, still, Yoshi spewing forth ****e. I see that bald headed, smug conceited avatar and I know enough to just skim or skip it entirely.

Beta vs Current - haven't played enough to decide yet.

Cwvym said:
Hmm, 9 months since I played ... and here we see, still, Yoshi spewing forth ****e. I see that bald headed, smug conceited avatar and I know enough to just skim or skip it entirely.

Beta vs Current - haven't played enough to decide yet.

install adblock, right klick on the picture, block it. i did it :smile:

there was something about the picture i could not stand.

Ah... Beta, it was the best gaming experience I've ever had. I knew most of the players on the servers, always able to find someone to chit chat with. Most people were friendly aswell, we didn't have as many "Hacker noob fuker" shouters back then. And also, I miss my fighting skills. Back in beta I was actually pretty good, but those times are over, my skills are not what they once were.

Kazzan said:
Ah... Beta, it was the best gaming experience I've ever had. I knew most of the players on the servers, always able to find someone to chit chat with. Most people were friendly aswell, we didn't have as many "Hacker noob fuker" shouters back then. And also, I miss my fighting skills. Back in beta I was actually pretty good, but those times are over, my skills are not what they once were.

This pretty much sums up my feelings, actually.

Back
Top Bottom