SP Fantasy Warsword Fantasy Battles Mod / Warsword Baptism open test version out now

Users who are viewing this thread

firstly, awesome job on the meshes. They look really realistic.

Second, in regards to the man-at-arms shield, it can be made more battered looking very easily. Make the wood color a separate layer that's the full size of the shield minus the metal part. Then put the layer the presentation is going to be on over it, making sure it's a separate layer. Then take your eraser tool and erase random spots of the presentation layer. That will make the paint look chipped. Voila, better looking M@A shield.

Other than that they look very Bretonnian.

eljeffe418 said:
firstly, awesome job on the meshes. They look really realistic.

Second, in regards to the man-at-arms shield, it can be made more battered looking very easily. Make the wood color a separate layer that's the full size of the shield minus the metal part. Then put the layer the presentation is going to be on over it, making sure it's a separate layer. Then take your eraser tool and erase random spots of the presentation layer. That will make the paint look chipped. Voila, better looking M@A shield.

Other than that they look very Bretonnian.

yes I think I've got the feel of the table top army, you'll find that all my level 1 meshes are ,well" simple this gives me a chance to put it in the module code and have it working, as I progress the model changes, since I never stop learning, But feed back is what I want, so keep it coming,
The hardest part of the Bretonnian army is going to get a visual difference between all the Knight types, grail knights are nearly finished, as are the lords, Knights of the realm we be next.
up dated grail shield  and stag helm, which was taken from my previous early model in the  mod Warlords Knights and warriors.

mb50-5.jpg

mb51-4.jpg

you seem to have wrong skin color with dark elves  :neutral: so here's dark elf picture where you can see the skin color (they are not blueberrys!) ps. large pic :grin:
WElfie_0907_06.jpg

dark elf warriors have spears as main weapons and swords as backups, goldones is actually Cold ones and move on 4 legs (dark elf ones) first 2 are smaller/thinner) and black guard armours red parts should be golden :grin: and they have only 2 types of cavalry, Dark Riders who could have maybe sadled horses and they are lightly armoured and Cold one knights who are heavily armoured

Ok Just to make you all happy  :lol: is this better for a Dark Elf
skindarkelf.jpg

And in my day Cold Ones moved on two Legs (old school) :lol:

del said:
Ok Just to make you all happy  :lol: is this better for a Dark Elf
skindarkelf.jpg

And in my day Cold Ones moved on two Legs (old school) :lol:
little too blue still :razz: and dark efl cold ones move with (or drag) their 2 first arms/legs, lizardmen cold ones move like those in your mod, oh and more box shaped head to them :grin:

incorrect. they are all the same cold ones, though it depends on which edition. old school (4th edand earlier) are the velociraptor type, newer (and i think less cool 5th ed) are the box headed knuckle dragger type.

banzai_travis said:
incorrect. they are all the same cold ones, though it depends on which edition. old school (4th edand earlier) are the velociraptor type, newer (and i think less cool 5th ed) are the box headed knuckle dragger type.
newer are cooler :grin: and
cit915750.jpg

41F3EGHW9JL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

(look the hands)
lizardmen ones are more standing on 2 legs than dark elf ones

Well the Cold Ones are staying as they are , it took a lot of work to model them and get them moving properly in game.

And here is a little screen shot of the new Dwarfs in game.
nedar.jpg

I've seen some very impressive progress. Thumbs up! :smile:
you1 said:
Tableau shields now working  :grin:

mb44-3.jpg

mb42-2.jpg

8/03/10
mb48-3.jpg

9/03/10
mb50-5.jpg

corrected  the facing of the shield heraldry
mb51-4.jpg

Battle pilgrim tableau shield 9/3/10
mb52-3.jpg

Any scripts for the scrolls would be welcome?

11/03/10

mb53-4.jpg
:shock:

Damn.

Back
Top Bottom