SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Extradaemon said:
foesto said:
For some odd reason i still don't have smoke effects in game (after a gun is fired) can anyone tell me how to fix this?

cheers

Make sure you turn on particle effect in the graphics options menu.

thanks mate, i'll try it when I'm home!

cristy80 said:
it keeps bugging me that i can't destroy a faction for good
can't you do it Birger? i mean you did all this cool stuff so i guess you know how to work with the mod

Unfortunately there is very little I can change when it comes to the core makeup/mechanics of the mod.

EDIT: I was bored

In Da Waaagh Now

A propa' vakkatiun in stunty land, da Boss does da best he can
Youze in da Waaagh now, oh-oo-oh youze in da Waaagh now

Now youze rememba' wotz da draft boy seyz, nuthink to do all day but stay in bed

Youze be da biggest goblin in da neighbourhood, nobody knowz that youze left fer good

Smiling facez as youze marchin' to da stuny land, but once youze get there no-'un givez a damn

Stunty grenades flying over youze head

Mortarz flyin' over youze head, if youze wantz ta survive git out of bed

Shots ring out in da dead o' night, da Boss calls 'Stand up an' fight!'

Youze got youze orders better chop on sight, youze fingah's on da choppa but it dun't seem right

Night iz fallin' and'youze just can't see, iz dis elluzions or ree'lity?
Youze in da Waaagh now, oh-oo-oh youze in da Waaagh now, Waaagh now

Oh-oo-oh youze in da Waaagh now, in da Waaagh now

Hello,

Found a bug upon entering the world talking about Division by zero line no: 11
"at script: calculate_castle_prosperities_by_using_its_castles"

Hopefully it helps you :grin:,
-Wild

Extradaemon said:
foesto said:
For some odd reason i still don't have smoke effects in game (after a gun is fired) can anyone tell me how to fix this?

cheers

Make sure you turn on particle effect in the graphics options menu.

This fixed it, I have no idea why it was turned off, thanks mate!

Birger Jarl said:
cristy80 said:
it keeps bugging me that i can't destroy a faction for good
can't you do it Birger? i mean you did all this cool stuff so i guess you know how to work with the mod

Unfortunately there is very little I can change when it comes to the core makeup/mechanics of the mod.

EDIT: I was bored

In Da Waaagh Now

A propa' vakkatiun in stunty land, da Boss does da best he can

Now youze rememba' wotz da draft boy seyz, nuthink to do all day but stay in bed

Youze be da biggest goblin in da neighbourhood, nobody knowz that youze left fer good

Smiling facez as youze marchin' to da stuny land, but once youze get there no-'un givez a damn

Stunty grenades flying over youze head

Mortarz flyin' over youze head, if youze wantz ta survive git out of bed

Shots ring out in da dead o' night, da Boss calls 'Stand up an' fight!'

Youze got youze orders better chop on sight, youze fingah's on da choppa but it dun't seem right

Night iz fallin' and'youze just can't see, iz dis elluzions or ree'lity?
Youze in da Waaagh now, oh-oo-oh youze in da Waaagh now, Waaagh now

Lol Birger  :lol:

Maybe I did something wrong, not sure.  I downloaded Birger's submod.  As soon as I created a character, I got about 6-8 messages, "mercenaries bugged." 

I went ahead and finished creating my character and entered the world.  The world was completely screwed up.  No faction actually had a specific territory.  Each just had a town/fort in this part of the world, another in another part of the world, scattered like someone shook them all up in a cup and dropped them on the map.

Also, some of the towns had the faction "commoners." 

Any ideas what I could have done wrong to make this happen?

Edit:  shut the game down,  then restarted it.  As soon as I choose start a new game and go to character creation, same thing.  Mercenaries bugged shows up 10 times.  Once I go through making my choices and get to the stat screen, I was automatically advanced to level 26.  Enter game, and world is all patchwork again.  Very odd.

Birger Jarl said:
Did you make sure to apply the official bugfix before my submod?

Yes.  I downloaded the mod and the bugfix.  Put the mod in mods folder, then extracted the bugfix over it.  Have been playing it for over a week.  Downloaded the submod, extracted it directly into the warsword folder. 

I deleted the entire folder and  going to try it again.

EDIT:  My bad. That was a diff. mod that I did the bugfix for it.  Somehow I missed the bugfix for this one. Thanks for the help. 

Ok, so I went back and loaded the mod into the mod folder.  Installed the bugfix over it.  Installed the submod over that.  Same results, except this time I was auto advanced to level 31. 

I love orkz and I love guns. But unfortunately with the higher tier ork armor you can't aim the gun without the armor being in your way :'(

I have been away from this game a few months I was wondering if there were any new updates or birger fixes I don't feel like going through all the pages

WarBozz said:
I love orkz and I love guns. But unfortunately with the higher tier ork armor you can't aim the gun without the armor being in your way :'(

Well, Orcs (as opposed to the 40K Orks) don't really use guns.

There's unfortunately nothing that can be done about it due to how the camera works and the Orc body is. I guess you could go for a lighter armoured Kommando-styled Orc character and not use the beefier armours though...

sidhos said:
Ok, so I went back and loaded the mod into the mod folder.  Installed the bugfix over it.  Installed the submod over that.  Same results, except this time I was auto advanced to level 31.

Does the vanilla mod work on it's own?

Just a fast question - is there a way for your custom made units (using Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor) to appear in taverns ?
Recreated the good old Sword Sisters as upgrade path from peasant women. But hunting down bandits for few prisoners is tiresome so just wanted to know if there is a way for them to spawn at taverns ?

[Yes, vanilla works on its own.  I have a tavern scene (in one of the lizard towns) that is jumbled up, but other than that, it seems to work fine. Oh, well, I guess not.  Sometimes in the conversation text I get "UNKNOWN TOKEN" or something like that, and every now and then a red error message shows up in messages.

Myrdin said:
Just a fast question - is there a way for your custom made units (using Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor) to appear in taverns ?
Recreated the good old Sword Sisters as upgrade path from peasant women. But hunting down bandits for few prisoners is tiresome so just wanted to know if there is a way for them to spawn at taverns ?

Well One way is probably just to substitute a unit that normally appears in taverns with a custom made one, directly in units.txt file (never tried this myself; backup your files if you decide to give it a shot)
A good workaround is to put the new custom made unit as an upgrade path for a troop normally found in tavern (this is what I usually do)
It is no doubt possible to just add your own troops to the list of mercenaries spawning in taverns, but that requires a degree of coding knowledge I do not possess, can't help you there sorry

WarBozz said:

If you want to keep the stats of the high tier armour then you can use Morgh's editor to make it so that it use the same mesh as a less obstructive orc armour. Not a perfect solution, but easy.

Hey, Nameless Warrior, if You read my post:

I don't know how good You and Del know each other, but maybe You can try to contact him (a phone?) and just ask for one or two simple sentences. It will take Del            5 minutes to write something like 'sorry guys I am quit for good" or whatever. Hey this mod belongs also to You after all. A bit of information is always better than uncertainty.

I am still checking this thread regularly :wink: The hope dies the last

merikallio said:
Hey, Nameless Warrior, if You read my post:

I don't know how good You and Del know each other, but maybe You can try to contact him (a phone?) and just ask for one or two simple sentences. It will take Del            5 minutes to write something like 'sorry guys I am quit for good" or whatever. Hey this mod belongs also to You after all. A bit of information is always better than uncertainty.

I am still checking this thread regularly :wink: The hope dies the last

I am trying to contact him at the moment. I have an old email address for when we used to talk by email and msn but I have not heard anything yet.

If I do not hear back then I will look to consolidate what I have (I believe I have the lions share of the work he had done, including reworked war/truce code), work on some of the issues that he was going to look at and put together a release which includes the grim age work, some of Jargon Darots work and all the stuff I have done. I will also consider adding new factions but I don't want to take over the decision making just yet as 6 months is not overly long and while he said it is our mod jointly, it started as his project and I wouldn't want to take over direction unless I really felt like he may not be rejoining the project. The fact he has not logged on since August is concerning. The main thing is that he is alright and I hope we hear from him soon.

I just want to take this opportunity to apologise to Jargon Darot for mine and Del's flaky presence since he started contributing his excellent work to the mod. He came at a time where Del was under a lot of pressure as was I as I became a father and moved house, etc which combined meant we did not have much time for the mod and I know our absence must have been frustrating while he was taking the time to do such great work. Your work is greatly appreciating and I look forward to releasing it all in the new release.

Also a big shout out for Bigger Jarl for working on his own interpretation of the mod and putting out a fresh alternative, as well as helping players out in this thread.

I I hope to have more news soon.

Nameless Warrior said:
I I hope to have more news soon.
That's good to hear, I was worried that the mod had lost the unique assets from Grimage which would have made it something even more unique but as long as the project can continue I am all for it.
Good luck.

Myrdin said:

It is possible, but very veeeery annoying to pull off: you literally have to go through alter each and every one of the troops that come after the existing Mercs (as Mercs can not simply be added at the very end of the existing troops like you would with any new troop but rather in the middle of the Troop.txt with the other Mercs, essentially forcing you to alter the Troop ID and various references for all the existing troops to accommodate the new one.)

It is really a lot more plausible to just alter one of the existing Mercs.

EDIT: Or as suggested make a new troop and have one of the existing Mercs upgrade into it.

sidhos said:
[Yes, vanilla works on its own.  I have a tavern scene (in one of the lizard towns) that is jumbled up, but other than that, it seems to work fine. Oh, well, I guess not.  Sometimes in the conversation text I get "UNKNOWN TOKEN" or something like that, and every now and then a red error message shows up in messages.

Are you on an iMac, perchance?

Back
Top Bottom