SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Been playing the mod for a while but I'm running into a serious issue regarding fiefs in this mod.

I'm around 200 days into my campaign, and I am serving as a vassal to the Empire of Sigmar. I currently have 1 Town and 1 village, but I want more than that. I currently have around 500 renown and 60 relations with the King.
Yet I can't receive any castles or any fiefs, I have decent relations with most of the other lords, but when asking for their support I get the typical "You have already been well rewarded with fiefs according to your accomplishments".
So I'm basically stuck in a rut, am I trying too hard and too fast to get fiefs, or is the mod deliberately making it difficult for me?

Also why doesn't Warsword Conquest have it's own Child Board yet? All the other mods do, but not this one.

theddd1 said:
Been playing the mod for a while but I'm running into a serious issue regarding fiefs in this mod.

I'm around 200 days into my campaign, and I am serving as a vassal to the Empire of Sigmar. I currently have 1 Town and 1 village, but I want more than that. I currently have around 500 renown and 60 relations with the King.
Yet I can't receive any castles or any fiefs, I have decent relations with most of the other lords, but when asking for their support I get the typical "You have already been well rewarded with fiefs according to your accomplishments".
So I'm basically stuck in a rut, am I trying too hard and too fast to get fiefs, or is the mod deliberately making it difficult for me?

Also why doesn't Warsword Conquest have it's own Child Board yet? All the other mods do, but not this one.

You can push your 'friends' and the faction leader only so much for properties. 200 days into the campaign and already having a Town is pretty good IMO, so you will just probably have to wait for a while before you get awarded anything else. Either that or you start taking castles on your own - the leader will almost always award you a castle or town you've laid siege to, and when he doesn't you can rebel :smile:

WC doesn't have a child board because it's a mod based on a certain intellectual property, and TW don't want the licensing troubles that might entail by giving 'official recognition'. The Game of Thrones mod is even more popular and it's in the same boat as Warsword. Nothing we can do about that, I'm afraid.

cpt_freakout said:
theddd1 said:

You can push your 'friends' and the faction leader only so much for properties. 200 days into the campaign and already having a Town is pretty good IMO, so you will just probably have to wait for a while before you get awarded anything else. Either that or you start taking castles on your own - the leader will almost always award you a castle or town you've laid siege to, and when he doesn't you can rebel :smile:

WC doesn't have a child board because it's a mod based on a certain intellectual property, and TW don't want the licensing troubles that might entail by giving 'official recognition'. The Game of Thrones mod is even more popular and it's in the same boat as Warsword. Nothing we can do about that, I'm afraid.
Yeah capturing them myself and having around 20 relations with lords helped me get more fiefs.

As for the child board that makes sense. But I wish there was some kind of forum for this mod. As lots of people are having questions/problems that a single thread in a forum can't handle.

Echtel said:
Birger, I haven't been playing this mod for quite a while and thus I had yet to try out your sub-mod... today I felt like playing a little bit of Warsword so I went ahead and installed your fix...

Now I wish I had done it sooner! lol. I truly have to congratulate you on your hard work, both the graphical improvements and the balancing part; you did a fabulos job and truly deserve commendation. As a fanboy of the Empire I really can't get enough of the novelties you introduced (those Hochland Marksmen are insanely awesome), I would just suggest a small change to the troop tree: rather than having Captains upgrade into Knights of the Blazing Sun I would make Pistoliers upgrade into those instead and then they should also have the alternative choice of going Outriders (basically just an upgraded version of the pistolier); naturally it's just my opinion, personally I'd prefer it that way and I just think it would make more sense lorewise. Of course nobody says this mod should follow the lore to the letter and quite frankly the degree of awesomeness you brought into an already awesome project is enough by itself  :lol:, so it's up to you. I'm honestly quite content as it stands (and of course I can just make the change myself if I so desire  :mrgreen:)   

Oh and on I side note: I absolutely LOVE what you have done with the Orcs; now I have 10x the fun killing them!  :lol:

Now... how about adding the Vampire Counts ALL BY YOURSELF???  :mrgreen: (I'm kidding of course... I wish... lmao)

Awww gee chucks...

Goofy-Blushing-Playing-With-His-Ears.gif

Birger Jarl said:
Echtel said:
Birger, I haven't been playing this mod for quite a while and thus I had yet to try out your sub-mod... today I felt like playing a little bit of Warsword so I went ahead and installed your fix...

Now I wish I had done it sooner! lol. I truly have to congratulate you on your hard work, both the graphical improvements and the balancing part; you did a fabulos job and truly deserve commendation. As a fanboy of the Empire I really can't get enough of the novelties you introduced (those Hochland Marksmen are insanely awesome), I would just suggest a small change to the troop tree: rather than having Captains upgrade into Knights of the Blazing Sun I would make Pistoliers upgrade into those instead and then they should also have the alternative choice of going Outriders (basically just an upgraded version of the pistolier); naturally it's just my opinion, personally I'd prefer it that way and I just think it would make more sense lorewise. Of course nobody says this mod should follow the lore to the letter and quite frankly the degree of awesomeness you brought into an already awesome project is enough by itself  :lol:, so it's up to you. I'm honestly quite content as it stands (and of course I can just make the change myself if I so desire  :mrgreen:)   

Oh and on I side note: I absolutely LOVE what you have done with the Orcs; now I have 10x the fun killing them!  :lol:

Now... how about adding the Vampire Counts ALL BY YOURSELF???  :mrgreen: (I'm kidding of course... I wish... lmao)

Awww gee chucks...

Goofy-Blushing-Playing-With-His-Ears.gif

Ok I am fairly new to Mount and blade Warband. Was on sale on steam around Christmas and I decided I would give it a try. Instantly hooked, amazing game. Also a huge Warhammer fan (also got blood bowl on sale) and thought hmmmm I wonder if there's a warhammer mod for this game out there. I was not disappointed. Great work to everyone who has made this possible. Aside from some bugs that you can play around for the most part great job. Birger I was wondering, what exactly does your submod do? Too lazy to go through 300 pages and find your original post.

Hey guys! This mod is great, and ive played quite a lot of it... The only bug I have is that i don't have the smoke from the guns after a shot is fired... i mean i never had gunsmoke in this mod (while smoke works fine in other mods like TEATRC etc.)
I am really wondering what the issue might be since I didnt touch the game files. While this is only a minor point, I'd like to fix it.

I hope someone can help me

Cheers

WarBozz said:
Ok I am fairly new to Mount and blade Warband. Was on sale on steam around Christmas and I decided I would give it a try. Instantly hooked, amazing game. Also a huge Warhammer fan (also got blood bowl on sale) and thought hmmmm I wonder if there's a warhammer mod for this game out there. I was not disappointed. Great work to everyone who has made this possible. Aside from some bugs that you can play around for the most part great job. Birger I was wondering, what exactly does your submod do? Too lazy to go through 300 pages and find your original post.

Don't ask what it does... install it! lol

Just kidding; it does a number of things: Balances out factions, improves visuals, remakes troop trees adding new super-cool troops. Honestly it boosts your warsword game experience by a LOT; a must have if you ask me :wink:

Echtel said:
WarBozz said:

Don't ask what it does... install it! lol

Just kidding; it does a number of things: Balances out factions, improves visuals, remakes troop trees adding new super-cool troops. Honestly it boosts your warsword game experience by a LOT; a must have if you ask me :wink:

dont suppose somewhere there is a detailed list of exactly what it adds in?

I just installed the submod over a fresh reinstalled Warsword conquest, so I really hope this fixes the gun issue I had in my previous playthrough...

Now if this submod is really good, I will blame you for failing my finals Mr. Jarl  :twisted:

Did notice I was now able to sneak in and rescue my Warboss from prison. Don't know if this was you or just happened upon an unbugged castle.

WarBozz said:
Did notice I was now able to sneak in and rescue my Warboss from prison. Don't know if this was you or just happened upon an unbugged castle.

Shouldnt you always be able to do that? Except in Ork towns, for some reason there are no prisoners in the cages (while our good friend Luthor should be in it) :c

foesto said:
WarBozz said:

Shouldnt you always be able to do that? Except in Ork towns, for some reason there are no prisoners in the cages (while our good friend Luthor should be in it) :c

You should be able to yea, but I had trouble before I installed the submod with breton towns playing as Chaos with finding the prison door or guard existing. Again not sure if it was the submod or just those couple towns.

WarBozz said:
Just curious is this mod still being worked on?

Yes, or so we were told a couple months ago by Nameless Warrior. Del hasn't posted anything pretty much since the beta was launched, but then Nameless explained to the rest of us that the way the mod is worked on is by sudden spurts of activity every six months or so. Hopefully whenever Del returns they can offer Birger a place in the dev team, since he's done so much for the mod in their absence. For now, all that's left to do is keep waiting for Del to turn up.

it keeps bugging me that i can't destroy a faction for good
can't you do it Birger? i mean you did all this cool stuff so i guess you know how to work with the mod

For some odd reason i still don't have smoke effects in game (after a gun is fired) can anyone tell me how to fix this?

cheers

As I remember 'the undefeated faction bug' is actually not a bug but intentional dev's working. They made this to prevent lords joining other factions as in vanilla M&B. It's actually lorewise since goblin or undead lord will never be accepted by dwarf king as vassal and vice versa. But I agree, it's far from ideal solution.

Back
Top Bottom