SP Sci-Fi Warhammer 40k mod :\ pretty much dead for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

greatsword said:
Nethoras said:
least of our worries, I'm just trying to make a mod personally, everytime I try I realise there's something missing. :sad: its getting rather depressing.
well I'm sorry but you don't really have to make the mod with everything what about making 2 separate mods?

Trying to make one mod is hard enough, but 2 at once? That is pure madness.

Sorry for the lack of work lately...
I finished the hats:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9n0joy

...and urm... i'm going to be offline for 2 weeks, sorry  :cry:

I like the hat very much, but I have some suggestions on how to make it a bit better and similar to the models and drawings of commissars. Here goes:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4454/comm
issarhatsft5.th.png

When looking at the picture you can see I have added curvy lines to the tops of the hats. I put these here to show where I think the material of the hat should be to make a smoother slant. I have a reference picture of a commissar model to show what I mean:

mrrcomml.jpg

I believe if the top of the hat is brought up so it has a smoother slant the model like look much better.

Nethoras said:
lol it rather sucks, its for the last V wich I believe was .9XX

and any ideas for somethings I should model?

Aye, the demo features some quick battles. Not bad actually. Its for version 9.01, 9.03

I recommend it.

There's also an old mod with a map and is a bit more complete, its for version 808.

That would be awesome if you could do that.

Hey is Highlander's old 40k minimod still around?

The "one that keeps  on going, and going, and going" style one?

I have both.

I'll upload them in the morning when I have time. The main reason I have them is I made about 50% of the Orc Models.

Some of my scene props aren't horrible. (sentry tower and corrugated metal walls) and some choppas were pretty good but most needed a lot of helped (which Nethros gave)

http://rapidshare.com/files/127093038/Officio_assassinorum.rar.html - Complicated .808

Hello team of the Warhammer 40K mod i have made something for you here it is it is a bolt pistol and i made it just for this mod but if you wouldn't want it or you already got one (you already got one dont you :?: :???:.) and here it is:.

and here is a picture i made it with:.

and there it is i will give it to you if you like it.

As I recall there were no Space Marines in this mod, it is dead, and they had a bolt pistol already from the last one.

Trooper5445 said:
As I recall there were no Space Marines in this mod, it is dead, and they had a bolt pistol already from the last one.
Well no i was basically saying that there would not be space marines but the imperial guards could use them just as a secondary weapon but if you think that i wanted space marines you are sadly mistaken because i read the front page plus you don't have to be so stern about it and i was asking the team not you OK and plus it says "pretty much dead for the moment" so that means that they have been side tracked by stuff in real life and trooper you dont have to be so mean about it i am just a person trying to help this mod get back on its feet by giving it some stuff OK.

As he said, I already have a bolt pistol and a Bolter/boltgun which you made, that isnt a bolt pistol its a bolter... just saying. and as he said again this=dead, and if Im not correct someone asked for the scource to continue it, and in all truth, there isnt very much left, it woul prolly even be a better idea to use the last demo I released if you want to continue this, I dont remember what work I did since, then, how much of it is broken, and how much I got rid of cos I realized it was broken, but I'm uploading it now, if rapidshare chooses not to be a giant douche Ill post it later.

EDIT:

http://rapidshare.com/files/128418448/Warhammer_40k.zip

if anyone is still willing to finish it up, I would most likely give you as much help as I had time for.

So, I realize this mod is pretty much dead for now. However, if others wanted to get it started up again, I would be more than willing to help as an artist(Modeling and textures). I realize someone might suggest I try to start it up myself, but honestly, I have no experience modding mount and blade specifically. Mods headed by new people like me rarely go anywhere.

But like I said, I would love to work on this if others would as well. A little about me, I've been doing 3d art since early 2003. I mainly use 3ds max, although I am proficient in Modo as well. I started with Battlefield 1942 modding, and slowly have gotten better and worked on larger and better things. I'm also a big fan of Warhammer 40k, and play Imperial Guard in tabletop. For a couple of pieces I've done lately(though they are higher poly than I believe M&B would have)...

MP13(From friends concept art): ~3000 triangles
MP13a.jpg

Concept for a post-apocalyptic scene: Low poly, but never checked exact count
SPcom1.jpg

High Polygon Desk done in modo: Really high poly
Render3.jpg

Anyways, like I said, I'd love to contribute if someone were to take the flag, so to speak.

I guess I'll just have to start making art until someone champion's my cause, then :razz:

Powerfist. 466 triangles.

Powerfist1.jpg

Powerfist2.jpg

Powerfist3.jpg

Tuckles hit it on the head, 3ds max '09 to be precise.

Low poly like this is fun, reminds me of my 1942 days :smile:

Any suggestions what I should do next? Only thing I'm not really comfortable doing is living things(people, animals, etc)

Maybe some variants of guardsmen armour like death korps or something or a helmet.

I'd love to do the mask for the armoured fist, but I'm not sure where I should be aiming, poly count wise, for various things.

Anyone have a link to a good list? Or perhaps just know off-hand how many things like helmets, body armour, etc should have around?

Back
Top Bottom