SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Leij0na said:
Very cool! Can you make skulls hanging from those oblique trees?

That would actually be a pretty good idea though I don't know how difficult would be to add stuff to/change the model

Heya,

I've been lurking you guys for a while. This is a mod I am *extremely* anticipating. Such an absolutely brilliant idea.

I took the leisure of supporting you via banner on my profile.

Thanks :smile: It was always one of my favourite book series.

Cheers,

<3

CR

celestialred said:
Heya,

I've been lurking you guys for a while. This is a mod I am *extremely* anticipating. Such an absolutely brilliant idea.

Cheers,

<3

CR
Thanks for he support, would you by any chance have the ability to help in any way? Or maybe would you be willing to learn a new skill to give it a shot? ^^

JScott>: It's not hard to go back and edit a model, you will need to update the UV map though.

Lord Drake said:
celestialred said:
Heya,

Cheers,

<3

CR
Thanks for he support, would you by any chance have the ability to help in any way? Or maybe would you be willing to learn a new skill to give it a shot? ^^

JScott>: It's not hard to go back and edit a model, you will need to update the UV map though.

Depends on what you need.

I'm the lead/main coder for Twilight of the Sun King. I know my way around the Module System fairly well. I can do presentations, game menu design, scripting, creating factions, I know how to make maps, creating menu backgrounds and presentation backgrounds, decent with photo/video editing. I have no skill as a texturer or modeler. I know the economic system extremely well. I'm also good with game/weapon balancing. I know how to make races, edit sounds, music cues, redesign all kinds of things. Which Module System are you usiing? 1.134 or 1.143?

At the moment, my hands are completely full with coding my own mod, but I'll have free time in probably a few weeks.

Sadly, my knowledge of making my banners align correctly in my signature, however, is quite lacking :smile: You wouldn't happen to know how to make them all fit together neatly, would you?

If you require any coding assistance, I could possibly help you out. There's few things I can't do with the MS. If you have some specifics you need or want, send me a PM. They always go right to my phone and I always see them. If I'm free, I respond.

Keep up the work. I know it's hard keeping a mod going, especially when you have lofty, high goals. I'd love to see this come to fruition.

<3

CR

Thanks for the encouragement! I don't want to distract you too much from your own mod, but if we have some questions and want to communicate with you about certain coding aspects, we will feel free to do so.

Mandible said:
Thanks for the encouragement! I don't want to distract you too much from your own mod, but if we have some questions and want to communicate with you about certain coding aspects, we will feel free to do so.

Absolutely :smile:

Feel free to send PMs. I also know how to build, edit, and compile brf files. I'm rather proficient with Open BRF. I'm quite good at dialog, writing, and other such things. Besides, I love to support quality mods. This is shaping up to be one.

<3

CR

Still on the tent kick: This time, with a round tent. I think we`ll give the player an option to choose their camping tent. I made the actual texture colours fairly desaturated so that the vertex paint can colour them several different ways.

round%20tent.jpg

Leij0na said:
Leij0na said:

Yes, you said that already... Can YOU make skulls hanging from those oblique trees? Because I used my time to make a new tent instead. Maybe some day I will feel like adding skulls to it, but for now, I'm going to mod what I want to mod. If you feel strongly about it, try to make them yourself and I'll be happy to add them to the model, it isn't that hard. Repeating your requests isn't going to make it more likely that it will be done though.

Mandible said:
Still on the tent kick: This time, with a round tent. I think we`ll give the player an option to choose their camping tent. I made the actual texture colours fairly desaturated so that the vertex paint can colour them several different ways.

round%20tent.jpg

That tent is awesome :smile:

Nice job.

I read these books growing up. I still have them in hardback on my bookshelf. Little treasures, they are.

<3

CR

Mandible said:
Leij0na said:
Leij0na said:

Yes, you said that already... Can YOU make skulls hanging from those oblique trees? Because I used my time to make a new tent instead. Maybe some day I will feel like adding skulls to it, but for now, I'm going to mod what I want to mod. If you feel strongly about it, try to make them yourself and I'll be happy to add them to the model, it isn't that hard. Repeating your requests isn't going to make it more likely that it will be done though.

Well, I didn't mean that YOU should do it. (I am sorry if I didn't express this clearly enough)

I just wanted to know is it even possible to make them hanging.

And yes I know that I said that before, but could you respond to my post rather than leave me uncomfortable uncertainty...

YourStepDad said:
UlfrTheMighty said:
looks weird never watched redwall

"watched"

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Guys could we please keep this on topic instead of correcting typos (I can't see a difference between your spelling and his, that is unless he already corrected it.)
[EDIT] Oooh.... OK then. I just thought he was referring to watching the series...

Also, Yeah I recently looked up episodes of Redwall.

Someone could probably make alot of money if they made two/three movies about the time when Martin the warrior was alive.
All they'ed need is to take it more seriously and add in some of that amazing CG they have been pumping out lately.

(also good voice acting would be VERY important)

tobijah said:
YourStepDad said:
UlfrTheMighty said:

"watched"

Guys could we please keep this on topic instead of correcting typos (I can't see a difference between your spelling and his, that is unless he already corrected it.)

Also, Yeah I recently looked up episodes of Redwall.

Someone could probably make alot of money if they made two/three movies about the time when Martin the warrior was alive.
All they'ed need is to take it more seriously and add in some of that amazing CG they have been pumping out lately.

(also good voice acting would be VERY important)
You missed the point. He's not correcting spelling, the facepalm is because the guy said "watched", not "read". Redwall as we know it is Books, not a child's cartoon.

Leij0na said:

To answer your question, it is possible that I (or someone) may add some skulls to the tent at some point. It just seemed silly to me to post a reply like that about such a small detail. I'm sure that once I get some good skull models made, we'll add them to all sorts of things. Sorry if I offended you, it just wasn't that big of a question and I felt that it will answer itself when the tent is finished or the mod comes out and it doesn't really affect the game all that much. Please continue to make suggestions and observations, and trust that they will be noticed and read, but don't feel too bad if they don't all receive a reply.

EDIT: Tents!

4%20Tents.jpg

YourStepDad said:
UlfrTheMighty said:
"watched"
Honestly, I have *watched* the series and its not too terrible for 1999-2001 production. But I do see your point in Facepalm*ing. But as Gold Five says on Star Wars,"Stay on target, stay on target."

And I'm back! :cool: You'll have to excuse my absence as I was getting married and whatnot.  :grin: And my art must wait just a little longer as I am going to buy http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq/Cintiq12WX.aspx which will add a new perspective on my art. Little pricey, but well worth it! 

This is quite a "Tent" spree you guys are going on. But still, Bravo! It's all looking fantastic! I'm definitely happy on the progress being made, well done. And additional team members as well! Thank you for helping make this the "Best Mod Ever" everyone!

I really like these http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19682250/reading_rat.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19682250/reading_mouse.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19682250/mouse_smith.png
when the time comes Mandible, If alright with you and time forbids, I could maybe follow your originals and make colorful versions of these.? If you like?

And this is a teaser of one of my older drawings that I am starting to work on again http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/309607_2099887740158_1334347612_31922414_739192356_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom