Voice Acting offer: To any who wish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

There is also Yugoslavian voices I did too for the mod, with a south Slavic accent :grin:

I just got Italians im waiting for to be scripted before I voice anything else for that mod.

Glad you guys are so appreciative, makes my days much happier.

I think a problem is that the words seem a little too spaced, and the script is a bit too caricature-like.
The British lines would sound far more natural with less time/spacing between the words. The Brits tend to pronounce as few of the sounds necessary and roll them out quickly. Unless they're upperclass.

The American voices are the best there I think, but these could still be improved with more authentic script, and I would suggest weakening the guttural sort of sound, which one would more expect of an NCO than the standard doughboy.

As for the German lines, well I think you need more German words, and you need a better understanding of their pronunciation. See Heroes of Stalingrad for some good examples of both native German, and of English words pronounced with a German accent.

Rallix said:
I think a problem is that the words seem a little too spaced, and the script is a bit too caricature-like.
The British lines would sound far more natural with less time/spacing between the words. The Brits tend to pronounce as few of the sounds necessary and roll them out quickly. Unless they're upperclass.

The American voices are the best there I think, but these could still be improved with more authentic script, and I would suggest weakening the guttural sort of sound, which one would more expect of an NCO than the standard doughboy.

As for the German lines, well I think you need more German words, and you need a better understanding of their pronunciation. See Heroes of Stalingrad for some good examples of both native German, and of English words pronounced with a German accent.

From what I understand the British fellow was upper class and rather high ranking, hence why it sounds as such.

The American one is an NCO speaking, a sort of tough sergeant fellow calling the shots in the squad and requesting artillery and other stuff. I can certainly pull off a lighter American accent as well and even do a Bostonian, Chicago, Texas or nearly any State accent without too much hassle, so really its just how many variants they want.

The German I can definitely improve my pronunciation. I got German buds so I can definitely learn and improve from them.

Thanks for the criticism and I will take it into consideration.

Comrade Crimson said:
There is also Yugoslavian voices I did too for the mod, with a south Slavic accent :grin:

I just got Italians im waiting for to be scripted before I voice anything else for that mod.

Glad you guys are so appreciative, makes my days much happier.

As I'm italian I'd love to hear that! :grin:

(And critic muahahaha)

fladin said:
I really liked the work you did for Sayazn and  Fires of War, it adds a more human dimension to the game.
Good continuation

Thank you! I intend to likely throw in some more sounds for them too on my own time, mostly for victory and some other stuff.

Bumping this up.

https://instaud.io/8et#0:01.7

Soundtrack me and my buddy StringStorm made.

As a note; I will be heading some voice acting help too- so any of you aspiring voice actors out there, I can give any tips and help you get started. I will also be introducing new voice actors into the community here, potentially. I would like to ask to get this stickied and have this as a general voice acting tab for voice actors to post their works in if possible and seek project work here, and for project devs to seek voice actors on this thread. I can also make a new thread if need be.

Edit: I've informed many of my buds who are voice actors to post here. You might see them soon.

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

Glad to be here. I'm an apprentice voice actor.
I started a few months ago, thanks to Mr Comrade Crimson.

I am currently trying to do some voices for Rise of the Reds (mod for C&C Generals). You may have heard me in some of Hecthor Doomhammer streams.

As I am French, I have some possibilities to do French voiceovers, or simply give a French accent to a character.

As a sample of my work, I give you this:
soundcloud.com/ga-tan-cione/french-crusader

Cheers !

Bumping this; I also have news and a request to all the mod developers I've worked with before to do me a favour:

Recently, I have been making great efforts to update my soundcloud portfolio with all the roles I've ever voiced, and this is a very difficult process as it requires me to essentially upload over 60 folders worth of stuff, several dozen projects that I've been involved in over the near 2 years I've been in this path of hobby/career.

I'm at the point now, where, whilst I will still do mods gladly as I have always been doing with the odd indie game jobs-

I want to apply at TaleWorlds itself, into the company as a voice actor and help with the development process of their game Bannerlord and other projects they may have.

What I want? If you are willing, to give me your backing and support. Be my reference when I do decide to consult them, as it'd mean a lot to me knowing I have communal support behind my back. I am still available for voicing your projects, and for those who may still be waiting for something message me again and I'll inform you of progress. I've gotten most of the requests finished, but I know there is a few that still need stuff from my end. And a note, if I am hired by them- that doesn't mean I won't be voicing for all the modding projects here. I'll still be voicing all the crazy stuff you guys throw at me.

If you are willing to put your name in support to me, let me know.

Thank you for your time.

A link to my soundcloud, I still have many more things to upload:

https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson

You've done a superb job for War of 1812, North & South 1.0 and Whigs and Tories. I can vouch for your name that you do quality voice acting and able to change accents at will.

Although work on the Vermin Resurgence Mod will not be continuing, I really loved the voicework that you did for it and it's a real shame that we won't be able to hear it in-game. I'll vouch for you!

Back
Top Bottom