Village "Family Feud" quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Went through a bit of trial-and-error trying to do one of these. Posting so perhaps others might find helpful.

Talked to village bigwig. Says one of his younger kin killed a neighboring villager and they're out for blood. Agree to protect the kid and take him to the aggrieved village to settle peacefully, hopefully with the payment of blood money.

First, before leaving the village, you have to go find the kinsman in hiding and convince him to come with you. Use the ALT key to locate him, as he's somewhere out around the edge of town. He also does NOT have a "!" annotating him as relevant, so just look for the name which isn't one of the named elders or your own companions. He then joins your party.

Upon arriving at the second village, this is the confusing bit. If you simply enter the village and talk the pertinent person there, nothing happens. You have to get the subject kinsman out of your party and get him to spawn into the village scene with you. Do this by using the "Leave Party Member Here" button in the upper right screen corner; this will ensure that the person spawns in (obtw, simply moving the person up the party queue directly under your slot isn't sufficient. Lol, tried that first). Then use the "walk around" option to enter the village; don't use the shortcut to talk directly to the village elder.

You probably then want to talk to one of your regular companions and tell them to gather up the others and join you. Wait for them to do so. Lol, 'cause there's gonna be a fight. THEN go find the pertinent elder. Will have a few thugs gathered around him/her (also won't be annotated with a "!", so make sure to note the person's name). Might want to consider drawing your weapon/shield before speaking. The elder aggros on the offending kinsman you're protecting, and a fight ensues immediately upon exiting the dialogue. It's straightforward from there; kill off the thugs, then the elder agrees to accept the blood money. You get a nice sum yourself and a good relations boost with the first elder (658g and +11 in my case...I don't know if it varies somewhat or if that's pretty much the fixed value).

It's pretty easy, quick, and reasonably worthwhile, once you know the totally non-obvious steps for getting the quest to move along. Hopefully gets refined a bit in the future.

I got this quest but the village where I was suppose to go to resolve the Feud had been looted. Since the game gives you only 5 days to do the quest, the village stayed looted at least 5 days and I could not complete the quest! When a village is looted, you can't go and visit it, nor talk to anyone.
So I "failed" the quest.

Now the Quest Giver is pissed haha. And his lame son was stuck in my troop, and he cannot level up. I found out later I could talk to him and dismiss him via the Party Screen (Message Bubble under his name).

On patch 1.0.0, the quest would have the person of the quest come with you by just walking around town. Now you have to leave that person in the town in subsequent patches...

Upon arriving at the second village, this is the confusing bit. If you simply enter the village and talk the pertinent person there, nothing happens. You have to get the subject kinsman out of your party and get him to spawn into the village scene with you. Do this by using the "Leave Party Member Here" button in the upper right screen corner; this will ensure that the person spawns in (obtw, simply moving the person up the party queue directly under your slot isn't sufficient. Lol, tried that first).

This saves this quest for me, honestly I've been trying to do it for a long time and I just assumed that after certain point they just become impossible.

Thus far it worked for me like this, I had tried bringing him first, leaving him somewhere else and taking him back, having him go to battle against looters, none of it worked.

Btw they then get bugged and appear in towns sometimes as companions.

This quest is kind of a wash, results wise. You gain reputation with one village an lose reputation with another. I make it a point not to lose reputation with anyone I will need to acquire troops from. It sucks that this is the most common quest to be found in all of Calradia, at least in my game.

The guys usually spawns with you. If not just TAB out, leave village, try again.
Also this quest is actually crap. Lose Rep with one, gain with another... and the Denars are also not worth it.
If you fail in the dialogue they have their axes in your face before you draw your own.
Spawns way to often. Needs an overhaul.

This quest is kind of a wash, results wise. You gain reputation with one village an lose reputation with another. I make it a point not to lose reputation with anyone I will need to acquire troops from. It sucks that this is the most common quest to be found in all of Calradia, at least in my game.

You don't take it unless you want certain villager's reputation.

Eh, the relations gain with first guy is larger than relations loss with second elder. (+11 and -5 for me so far in about 8 or 10 iterations, afaict I don't think it varies). So still a net gain overall. That said, yeah, it's a tradeoff. I don't take the quest as often now.

I've noticed that some village notables (Landowners?) seem more likely to provide the noble or elite troop types; it's probably still worth taking the relations hit in the other village to cozy up with these particular elders.

I've also noticed that individual village elders seem to give the same quest over and over again. One dude in Talivel, I've "saved" like four of his daughters from eloping, lol....he might want to start asking himself why all his precious princesses are trying so hard to get out of town. And others ought to start wondering why the heck their sons, nephews, & cousins are repeatedly murdering people in the neighboring village.

Some guys have feuds all the time, i wonder how there still be family members left for someone to kill....
And some guys have tons of daughters. Hmm, luckily, because they pay well and time effort is low.

I think the daughter quest needs a nerf. Sometimes i am just hunting for those, because its easy money.
And last time, i had 3 in a row.

Haha did this quest for a guy in village A. Sent me to village B to sort out his issue with the family member. The family member did not appreciate my smooth talk and attacked me. Killed his friends and beat him till he submitted and accepted the blood money. Afterwards notice a ! above his crippled body. Speak to him and he asks me to solve a family feud.....This is why people make fun of us that were born in trailer parks

Back
Top Bottom