Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
toxic-nova said:
fierceness - welcome to our first English lesson today. But, I'm no teacher, so look into dictionary site.
When used in battle/combat it can also mean you lack of fear. In other words your troops morale rise and they won't flee from combat as easy. As example when you loose very fast many man your soldiers run away. Using this taunt will hold them on the field of battle.

All the traits except berserk are only for your soldiers good.
There is a thread about this. If you want to test all traits, maybe you should play your char to level 13 and save. You can import and export your character. Then you edit the stats to a state that fits to the traits. Then, you can test the trait and decide if this is something for you. As I started multiple games I used the different traits in multiple battles. If you want to see something you will recognize. But don't think the phrase "your troops move faster and increase their agility" means they are storming over the battlefield like a thunderstorm. (D2 Whirlwind Barbarian  :lol: )
And, some of the traits are only for one time use per battle.

I regret your English lesson still doesn't match the question I asked, since 'Fierceness' doesn't correlate to any game stat that I'm aware of, it doesn't bring me any closer to the answer I'm looking for. I guessed a while ago that it may affect morale, but the whole point of the question is if anyone knows which stats are affected, and if said person knows by how much, to please share. As mentioned before, I would normally look into game files to get a general idea, but I still can't find the viking conquest traits or special traits anywhere.

Wheem also asked a good question, how long is the buff duration for traits? (Excluding berserker, since that one gives us a prompt when it starts/stops).

Still been trying to unlock that 'skirt chaser' trait, but I still can't get it to work. I've now gotten 7 eligible lord's daughters in my test game up to 100 influence through poetry and quests. So I'm still not sure what counts as 'lovers'. Thanks for mentioning the wine cellar special though! Most of the posts

I am pretty sure it's not the daughters but the wives. Also, if it's only *3 relation that blows because you need +16 to even get the help improving relation with lords dialogue.
Thought I had tripped on an exploit when I had all those lords in my prison. I went to visit one of the wives to see if they would give me the "rescue prisoner Lord" or some similar relationship buff for letting their man out of prison. But nope! The lady just blankly looked at me and said, "I have no need for a champion right now."
So I picked one of the doe-eyed cows and have begun gathering Amber, walrus tusks, wine, cheese, jewelry, etc. to see just how far I have to jack their relationship with me before they give it up. This assumes of course that they even will. I know the daughters will not give it up because I have two of them 100 relation and absolutely nothing happens. I'm also assuming that I do not have to have some ridiculous charisma attribute level and/or persuasion. Then again, there is also probably some random chance multiplying crap that is applied to this event. If so, that really blows because the only chance I have to see the daughters is at feasts since I am in-game married. This is a change over native because in native once you were married the daughters appeared in castles/towns whenever you visited the Lord's hall.

It has to be a married woman, once you have a high enough relation (plus maybe other stuff, personality, your charisma etc, can't remember) there may be a special dialogue option that has  a chance of starting the affair. I think maybe you have to be a vassal in their faction too possibly.

kalarhan said:
Affliction said:
Can we get the ability to rename the title of our vassals? As far as I know its simple according to this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=148259.0 Please consider it.

in VC the titles are based of your culture and language, this include the player kindgom (so choose wisely where you are from)

As a example: Norses are Jarl/Hensir, while Saxons are Ealdorman/Dryhten

eEMUOaI.jpg
Doesn't look like it  :meh:

Affliction said:
kalarhan said:
Affliction said:
Can we get the ability to rename the title of our vassals? As far as I know its simple according to this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=148259.0 Please consider it.

in VC the titles are based of your culture and language, this include the player kindgom (so choose wisely where you are from)

As a example: Norses are Jarl/Hensir, while Saxons are Ealdorman/Dryhten

eEMUOaI.jpg
Doesn't look like it  :meh:

don't double post (it is against forum rules)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,337446.msg8046965.html#msg8046965

1. Dungeonmaster (improves chances of capturing lords after battle) - gather 7 or more lords in the same dungeon
    2. Ladies' man (improves relations with all ladies) - get 5 lovers
    3. Wine Expert (improves chances of getting approved as a groom, and convincing lords to join your faction, also allows you to gift wine to lords and improve relations) - collect and store 25 or more bottles of wine in your household storage (so you probably have to have your own kingdom).
Been doing a little bit of research into the "wine master" special trait based on some information contained in this thread. Here's what I have tried:
27 bottles of wine in my household larder for a week---nothing.
27 bottles of wine in my personal inventory for three days (that's as long as I could keep it from my thieving men)---nothing.
25 bottles of wine in my household larder for a week---nothing.
I have not found it all but impossible to keep 25 bottles of wine in my personal inventory for much more than a couple of days because it's routinely stolen.
I already have the dungeon Master special trait. I'm a vassal. have one town, 3 castles and some villages. married and that's where the wine is ---household larder.
So, hope the info is helpful. I'd offer a toast but my men stole the wine!

thought I read in another thread that more than one is allowed. The character screen reads "traits" not "trait.'  Anyway, also tried putting the 25 wine in the lord hall chest but that didn't work either. So, either you're right or the player must have own kingdom. Either way it's just one more let-down.
:sad:

Furcifer23 said:
I can't start a new game. When I click it, it loads and then goes back to the menu. I only have one other saved game so can't have to much.

re-download Warband from the website and reinstall it. There was a update a few days ago that requires this, even if you already have 1.168 on your computer

kalarhan said:
Furcifer23 said:
I can't start a new game. When I click it, it loads and then goes back to the menu. I only have one other saved game so can't have to much.

re-download Warband from the website and reinstall it. There was a update a few days ago that requires this, even if you already have 1.168 on your computer

Oh thanks I'll do that I have version 1.167 now. I just found out that after a fight is won and I click continue I go back to the menu. This might fix that too.

Yes, the current Version of Viking Conquest requires the current Version of Warband 1.168. If you run it with 1.167 its no wonder that all sorts of errors pop up.

kalarhan said:
kwbudirt said:
I already have the dungeon Master special trait.

maybe you can only have one special trait per character  :shifty:

This seems to suggest a player can have more than one. I knew I read this! :smile: Why the big hush-hush on these? They're certainly not that game changing but could lesson some of the grinding boredom elements a player must trudge.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=post;quote=8017772;topic=337212.0

That´s a regular trait, not a special one. You get one (and only one) regular trait based on certain stats whether you like it or not. You have to fulfill very specific requirements before you get a special trait, and as far as I know you are not limited to just one.

kwbudirt said:
This seems to suggest a player can have more than one. I knew I read this!

search for posts from devs if you want a more precise answer. And remember that anything can change between patchs, so nothing is written in stone  :wink:

ps.: just one, not two or three  :razz:

I'm just kinda curious as so far all the bows I've seen have said "can't be used on horseback", did you decide to remove horse archery or is it still possible to do it with bows?

Shishio said:
I'm just kinda curious as so far all the bows I've seen have said "can't be used on horseback", did you decide to remove horse archery or is it still possible to do it with bows?

removed, you don't even have the skill to train "horsery archery" in VC

in this era the skirmishs with a horse would use javelins, not bows or slings

kalarhan said:
removed, you don't even have the skill to train "horsery archery" in VC

in this era the skirmishs with a horse would use javelins, not bows or slings

Ah I see, I didn't know about that. And yes I saw that there was no skill, but didn't know if it wasn't possible or not

additionally, horses are very hard to get or very expensive. Honestly, as soon as you watch your "horse guys" get Swiss-cheesed by lowly spearmen, if you're like me anyway, you'll leave the horses home.  :sad:
I wish the "bot Lords" didn't have them either because they often stupidly charge ahead of their troops to engage the enemy all alone "for God and Country Tally Ho!" Promptly get hamburgered which demoralizes the rest of the army.

Me again! I see there is Reforged all mods server now updated in MP. Can someone please turn the autoblock off? Thanks. And also would be good to have a specific Battle server (with autoblock turned off also please).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom