US in WW2

Users who are viewing this thread

Winterz said:
Ruostenyrkki said:
I'm glad you americans came to the europe and helped Soviet Union to destroy germany faster, but your help wasn't really needed there. Soviet Union was steamrolling forward and the only thing that could have stopped it would have been an atombomb which the germans could have invented before the end.
German soldiers thought you americans were alot better people and you wouldn't send them to siberia or kill them so they really honoured you.

What annoys me is that you people seriously think YOU saved the europe and destroyed the nazi-germany and that YOU did almost everything. From movies I've seen how you janks destroy everything on your path very easily and one guy usually kills ****loads of germans, but if you watch documents or read some stuff from books or from the internet you notice that the germans were putting a huge fight against you even though you had alot more men and stuff than they did.
In north-africa brittish commonwealth was already winning when you show'd up with your shermans and patton, but you still think that you saved the day. Regardless, I still think that Rommel would have won with more supplies and reinforcements which he wasn't given.

Why say all this ****?

If the americans hadn't fully support the british in Normandy Invasion then it would have been another "Dieppe".
If the Normandy invasion hadn't been successful, the nazis would have mobilized all their manpower to the eastern front(7 million + Volkstrum volunteers) and they only had 3 million...otherwise the russians would have been crushed even before they reach Polond and then another Barbarossa would happen.
If the Americans hadn't support the soviets with their own material USSR would have had alot less resources to fight.
If the American pression hadn't existed then probably Germany would go through Turkey, take all Middle East and then attack the soviets in their right flank(from caucasus)
If the americans, british and french(useless!) hadn't take any territory in Western Europe, we would all probably talk russian now and sing for the soviet flag, while comunism ruled our streets, so just shut up.

Brainwashed Idiot.

And what kind of movies are you talking about? Rambo doesn't count since its a kind of comedy(although he still kicked alot of soviet asses!)

The USSR didn't save Europe, they just took everything they wanted from the Eastern Europeans and then signed the treaty of Warsaw making all of the lands, they supposely saved, officially as part of USSR and installed communism in all of them!

"Lol, you as a Finnish(don't they teach history in school, kid?) should know better that you would be the first ones to be invaded by the soviets."

Dude you went full retard. Those scenarios of yours are completely idiotic and ridiculous and you really call me brainwashed?
Here in Finland they actually do teach us history, and not just our own nations history like I've heard you americans do.
I did not insult you nor your nation, but you just went all grazy 'n ****.

I also hope that you know that those resources you were sending to the USSR were transported to the russian city called murmansk by sea and were then loaded to trains. Murmansk is very close to Finland and we were only about 20 km away from those railroads. We could have cutten your supplylines very easily, but our leader Fieldmarshall Mannerheim was a vice man and he knew that soviets would never forgive us that. Germany also requested us to attack Leningrad with them many times, but again Mannerheim denied. He was a very respected man and a friend of Churchill who sent him secret messages very often during the darkest hours of the war.
There would probably be no Finland without that man, but what do you care haha. You only care about your own nations history. If you'd be less selfrighteous you would admit that the role of the united states in the second world war wasn't as big as you think.
We all thank you from your assistance, but we don't like it when you keep yourselves as the kings of this planet.

Merentha said:
:lol:  I love, love how you talk as if the Soviets invading Finland was a hypothetical scenario.  You do know that Finland was invaded by the Soviets, right?  For quite some time, too. 

Don't understand what you are talking about. Ofc Finland would be a possible scenario, I'm talking about ww2 and around that time. You surely know about the Winter War, right?

And then you keep talking about D-Day or 1944 as if it was the only thing Americans did. I gave D-Day as an example of their european theater contribution. Who cares if the russians were already in Poland? You're not getting into what I'm saying.... I'm talking of how would it be if the Americans hadn't join up the European Theatre aka Germany's declaring war to the US(1941, where the russians were getting alot smashed)....
That would be one less worry to Hitler and he could have sent alot more supplies and manpower to the eastern front if he wasn't so scared ****less that the americans together with the british would launch a giant operation on France(that's why he ordered the forticiation of all its coast and reinforcements).

Caucasus is simply bizarre? Not only because of the pipeline but also because they could easily flank the russians and then destroy all their southern armies by sorrounding them.
Afeghans? You better get a map.

If some of the British forces left Egypt to attack turkey they would leave Egypt more debilitated and Rommel could easily take it. El Alamein was a starting point but that didn't mean the Germans were defeated in North Africa.

I'm not talking about how would it be if there weren't any americans during D-Day, I'm talking about how would it be if the Americans hadn't join the European theater.

Archonsod said:
Also note that the 83, 115 British and Commonwealth forces landed and stormed the beaches then had to wait for the Americans to catch up. They claimed "stiffer than expected resistance" which historians attribute to the German army. Really though it just took them most of the day to turn the map the right way up. You know what they're like with their geography ...

Are you comparing Juno, Gold and Sword wih Utah and Omaha?!  :neutral:

@Ruostenyrkki

The finnish would have cut Russian supplies?  :lol: :lol: Russian navy would have smashed yours.
You fins were way far from being friends to USSR.
I do respect the fact that you held well during the Winter War against way bigger soviet forces(even though in the end you lost part of your territory)
Mannerheim joined up wih the Axis aka joined up with Hitler, I doubt that's any close to "good man"
Finland didn't attack Leningrad because it wouldnt make any difference but the Finnish participated in the Operation Barbarrossa against the soviet.

And by the way, I'm not american and you just screwed yourself. 1941's Finland was far from being "good" or even friendly towards the Allies.

Ruostenyrkki said:
Dude you went full retard. Those scenarios of yours are completely idiotic and ridiculous and you really call me brainwashed?
Here in Finland they actually do teach us history, and not just our own nations history like I've heard you americans do.
I did not insult you nor your nation, but you just went all grazy 'n ****.

Oh, by the way, I know he looks like a Yank but that guy is actually from the Brazilian colony of Portugal.
Yeah, I know, it shocked me too.

Winterz said:
Caucasus is simply bizarre? Not only because of the pipeline but also because they could easily flank the russians and then destroy all their southern armies by sorrounding them.
Afeghans? You better get a map.

middleeastmap.jpg

Oh and before you say, lolIran is in the way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Soviet_invasion_of_Iran

Alright why explain it in words if I can show you in a map(it's a better method to idiots).

Instead of the Southern Group of Armies(with allied divisons) only by themselves attacking the soviets in the south since Ucrania.....there would be at least 2 german armies with turkish forces atacking from the Caucasus.
Stalingrad would fall unless all soviets retreated from the front and this would lead the germans to a quick invasion of Ucrania leaving Stalin with alot less time to mobilize(which together with the Winter it is the factor that gave them victory over Germany, awesomely quick mobilization)
The pipelines would definetly fall...byebye supplies and fuel to all soviet forces in the front...

If the soviets in the south wouldn't retreat then they would, like I said easily, get sorrounded and they'd eventually end up in huge fighting pockets like in the first days of the invasion.

Impossible and dumby you say?!  :roll:

@ Burgass, yes nice move with that...didn't knew Iran was invaded during ww2 by the Allies.
But still with those 2 soviet armies and 3 rookie british divisions they couldn't make anything useful to the germano-turkish forces of my hypothese above.

@ Captain Pyjama :
There werent many *human* losses in Utah, indeed...
But since your knowledge doesn't go further then this..I must teach you something....
Utah was also disastrous because of all the material and tanks that sunk in the channel during the beach landing.
This made the American progress slower.  :roll:

Oh, nice it applies to you: 

Captain Pyjama Shark said:
You are so dumb, you are really really dumb.

Lord Brutus said:
Since all German troops were at the front in one of the three Army Groups, where on earth are they going to get two extra armies from? Surely not Turkey.

What about reading it all before offending me?

This all started because of "What would happen if the US hadn't join the european theatre" and "Germany would have alot more troops availabe to reinforce other places if it wasn't for the american threat in the Atlantic"

Winterz said:
Lord Brutus said:
Since all German troops were at the front in one of the three Army Groups, where on earth are they going to get two extra armies from? Surely not Turkey.

This all started because of "What would happen if the US hadn't join the european theatre" and "Germany would have alot more troops availabe to reinforce other places if it wasn't for the american threat in the Atlantic"
I read it all. US wasn't a combatant when Germans invaded Soviet Union, so your point is invalid.

Lord Brutus said:
Winterz said:
Lord Brutus said:

I read it all. US wasn't a combatant when Germans invaded Soviet Union, so your point is invalid.

I never said they were combatants by June(Operation Barbarrossa is launched)...but by late 1941(December)...The invasion was still too fresh and the Germans could still reinforce it, arrgh.
Stop trying to erase my point. It was pretty possible, even you know it.

Even the Germans knew the US would not be mobilized enough to invade anywhere in Europe before 1943, so if they had the troops to do what you propose they would not have hesitated to use them. They simply did not have the numbers required.

Lord Brutus said:
Even the Germans knew the US would not be mobilized enough to invade anywhere in Europe before 1943, so if they had the troops to do what you propose they would not have hesitated to use them. They simply did not have the numbers required.

Because Turkey... thanks to Roosevelt intervention (asslicking) decided not to join the Axis.
I have no doubt that without Allies political influence, the Turks would have joined up with Germany like in WW1.
Especially because their relations with USSR were.....well let's just say:

The enemy of my enemy, is my friend.

The US could do nothing before 1943 in Europe, short of bombing.  This was known by literally everyone.  So, if the Germans lost to the Russians, they did not lose because a US threat kept some forces from the Eastern front.  Likewise, the Germans lost the battles in North Africa to the British, again without US assistance.  These two defeats were well before the US was even capable of presenting a credible threat to the German command.  The Germans lost to the UK (in North Africa) and Soviets before the US was even presenting a threat.  What about this is hard to understand?

There was no threat in the Atlantic from the US until 1943 at the earliest.  The US army was, at that time, minuscule compared to every European power, and also isolated on the wrong side of the Atlantic.  Since the Atlantic crossing weren't effectively secured until May 1943, and the US was not shipping troops in large numbers until around that time anyhow, there was no American threat. 

Seriously, why would the Germans be afraid of a military-industrial complex that was just gearing up? 

Winterz said:
Because Turkey... thanks to Roosevelt intervention (asslicking) decided not to join the Axis.
I have no doubt that without Allies political influence, the Turks would have joined up with Germany like in WW1.
Ah, so now an army that had been ludicrously over-estimated in the First World War will be influential in the Second.  Especially since said country had actually undergone a massive change in government since then?  Or did you forget that they switched from being the Ottoman Empire to the Republic of Turkey in that time?  A movement which was founded on strongly nationalist and independent impulses?  They weren't switching sides.  They were firmly neutral in that conflict, and would have been without US interference.  The UK was pressuring them to join the allies (to protect the "gateway to India" and their oilfields in north Africa) and the Germans wanted them to join the Axis.  Roosevelt, incidentally, supported their neutral stance.

Are you going to tell me that Switzerland would have been an Axis state without US interference as well?

Back
Top Bottom