Unique Towns??

Users who are viewing this thread

faramir42

Sergeant
Hi

I was wondering
If it is possible to make towns more unique? Like if some town would have a special troop or mercenery available only in that particular city or it would have a special good for sale (increasing the towns strategic importance maybe).

My original idea was to have a order of knights have a HQ in one town and their troops would be recruitable there.

If you could help me it would be great  :smile:

Hey. You could create a troop and make a dialogue for him. Like a captain. When talking to him, you can hire some troops for money.

I think it would be possible to get some special goods for sale in specific cities. It may be handy to use the search button. I am sure there are some topics about this.

Hope I've helped you enough.

I believe you can.  There is a script that allows you to recruit soldiers from cities if I remember correctly.  Try changing the types of units from the faction general units to the town specific troop tree basic unit.  The Peloponnesian War did it I believe, but only on the Warband Alpha.

I found this script by Thymo

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50686.msg1309276.html#msg1309276

But the only proplem is that i want this menu to appear at only one place (wercheg for example)

does anyone have a solution to this proplem?  :???:

Of course. Just add this in the conditions block:

(eq, "$current_town", "p_town_45")

This means the current town which is stored in $current_town is equal to town_45. In my game this town is Milan. You can find a list of towns_{number} in module_parties. Wercheg for example has town_12.

So you need to do this:

(
    "town_trade",0,
    "You head towards the marketplace.",
    "none",
    [],
    [
      ("assess_prices",[],
      "Assess the local prices.",
      [
          (jump_to_menu,"mnu_town_trade_assessment_begin"),
        ]),
      ("trade_with_arms_merchant",[(party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_town_weaponsmith, 1)],
      "Trade with the arms merchant.",
      [
          (party_get_slot, ":merchant_troop", "$current_town", slot_town_weaponsmith),
          (change_screen_trade, ":merchant_troop"),
        ]),
      ("trade_with_armor_merchant",[(party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_town_armorer, 1)],
      "Trade with the armor merchant.",
      [
          (party_get_slot, ":merchant_troop", "$current_town", slot_town_armorer),
        ]),
      ("trade_with_horse_merchant",[(party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_town_horse_merchant, 1)],
      "Trade with the horse merchant.",
      [
          (party_get_slot, ":merchant_troop", "$current_town", slot_town_horse_merchant),
        ]),
      ("trade_with_goods_merchant",[(party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_town_merchant, 1)],
      "Trade with the goods merchant.",
      [
          (party_get_slot, ":merchant_troop", "$current_town", slot_town_merchant),
        ]),
      ("hire_troops",[(eq, "$current_town", "p_town_12")],
      "Hire troops.",## You have added a new menu.
      [
          (jump_to_menu,"mnu_town_pre_hire_troops"),
        ]),

("back_to_town_menu",[],"Head back.",
      [
          (jump_to_menu,"mnu_town"),
        ]),
    ]
  ),

This will check at every town if it's equal to town_12 (Wercheg). If it isn't, it won't show the line. If it is, you will see the text and you are be able to click on it.

- Quintillius

Back
Top Bottom