Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

Users who are viewing this thread

Amazing job i have to admit and a little request if you see fit to make it.

A sword like this just in a Bastard sword like length ( i tend to prefer bastard swords ).

longsword.jpg

Talak said:
(unfortunately I can't get specular working with BRFEdit currently)

EDIT:

I downloaded your files and found your mistake. You forgot to "check (v) the specular shader in Material you need to check the following things:
-Specular Enable
-Blend
-Blend Add
-Blend Multiply

Hi i have a small request that would benefit all...  Plz make the chain mail the same color and fix the clipping issue with the plate gauntlets....

stormrage said:
Talak said:

EDIT:

I downloaded your files and found your mistake. You forgot to "check (v) the specular shader in Material you need to check the following things:
-Specular Enable
-Blend
-Blend Add
-Blend Multiply

I did actually do that, but BRFEdit refuses to save the settings.  I've tried the default shader, agent_shader and iron_shader, all with the 4 settings you mentioned above.  I press the set button and save, but the settings always disappear.  It may be because I'm using specular maps instead of alpha channels; I'll try that instead.

Talak said:
stormrage said:
Talak said:

EDIT:

-Specular Enable
-Blend
-Blend Add
-Blend Multiply

I did actually do that, but BRFEdit refuses to save the settings.  I've tried the default shader, agent_shader and iron_shader, all with the 4 settings you mentioned above.  I press the set button and save, but the settings always disappear.  It may be because I'm using specular maps instead of alpha channels; I'll try that instead.

When I downloaded your mod, I immidiately opened the texture with photoshop deleted your alpha channel and made another one from scratch using levels(Ctrl+L) aka highlighting brighter points.
I didn't test the original texture.

Jomsviking axe added, see first post.  I got lazy and reused my axe handle texture.  I think I'll change it.

If you can make enough unique weapons, imagine being on day 300 and still finding new weapons in the stores, that would be awesome.

Um totally...  I wish there were 20 versions of each weapon and/or piece of armour... Not to mention horses... *dreams on*
Man, I've been playing this game for years now.  It's always going to be in my library.

Anyway, is anyone working on a historical Chinese mod, a la Romance of the 3 kingdoms?  I'd pay for the R3K expansion pack to M&B. :grin:

Created a new axe handle texture for the jomsviking axe.  I want them each to be unique.  Screenshot updated in first post

Kraven said:
Amazing job i have to admit and a little request if you see fit to make it.

A sword like this just in a Bastard sword like length ( i tend to prefer bastard swords ).

*pic*
YES YES YES! I've wanted that exact sword for ages in M&B, even started to dabble in modelling in order to make it (haven't progressed much beyond the basic "this is how you make a cube" phase so far, though). Please, please, pretty please with sugar on top, make that!  :grin:

yeah, you'd definitely need an aventail for that first helmet.  Any helmet model in M&B without a neck and collar covering makes your character look like a pencil-neck dweeb, as opposed to the badass he's meant to be (because of the whole hair-negating effects of helmets in M&B). 

Kraven and Ringwraith - I've done your bastard sword.  Check the first post.  Still not 100% sure about the texture (mainly the hilt); let me know what you think.

Talak said:
I can do armour, but I'm concentrating on weapons at the moment.  But keep an eye on Fedeitas brilliant work from this thread.

Wow his armor makes me drool...

You and Fedeitas should just go and collab with Zaro and make a huge realism mod with all of your weapons and armor. You can focus on Weapons, Fedeitas can do armors, and Zaro can do the Coding. Honestly its a tragedy if all three of you make mods but they become incompatable with each other.

I highly highly suggest you three talk with each other about it. You all seem pationate about your work so it seems like a great combination.

Loving your work so far.

Couple of weapons that you might want to include...

PH817Close.jpg

I think this ^ would be great for the Khergits, looks pretty fancy but tribal, love it.

005.jpg

The shield from this pic, same size and everything would be very nice to see.

Couple of links to others to reduce pic spam :-

http://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/DX4163LClose.jpg
http://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/DX636Close.jpg
http://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/DX4183LClose.jpg

A bit of an experiment:

This is a work in progress King Ragnar, based on Ganbats poster (link in first post).
This is the half-million polygon model:

ragnar_hires.jpg

And here is an 8000 polygon model both with and without a normal map from the hi-res version (effect is exaggerated):

ragnar_lowres2.jpg
ragnar_lowres_normal2.jpg

I'm still working on the model, and of course it needs to be textured.  The low-res model can be further optimised without losing detail (mostly in the hair), so I should be able to get it down to around 4000.  I'll likely flatten the hair down almost completely and let the texture add the detail.

I'm thinking of making it a unique helmet for King Ragnar.  If it works, I might create the other 4 faction leaders as well.

Back
Top Bottom