Unfair vote for ownership of the fief

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
As you can see in the video, Derthert has 7 fiefs, and I only have 2 fiefs - I just captured a town, I have an influence advantage, but the town still got Derthert, why? How can this happen? Why my influence advantage is not considered?

Just for example - I have been in the kingdom of Vlandia for 5 years, I have not lost a single battle, I have defeated more than 50 armies, I have captured more than 150 nobles, not a single friendly noble has died under my command, I have captured 7 towns and 12 castles, and I have a relation above 80+ with almost all nobles in Vlandia Kingdom.
So why don't these merit counts when voting for me? I am the most active and successful member of the Kingdom of Vlandia, but this is nothing, I am not appreciated.

Last edited:
You're a good and loyal vassal. He's the King.
so what? the king has NO right to take the fief - there has always been a vote and the winner is the one who has the advantage in influence
this is either a bug or something I don't understand

so what? the king has NO right to take the fief - there has always been a vote and the winner is the one who has the advantage in influence
The ruler of a faction can overvote the popular outcome by using his influence.
A ruler can grant a fief to anybody on the list.

With the new patch the fief election formula has changed a bit, so I figured I would update everyone on what has changed. A couple new variables were added, and some of the old ones were tweaked. Here's the new Merit Score equation:

Ballot-Merit-Equation-1-4-3.png

• The Clan Tier Bonus has not changed.
  • The Total Clan Strength now properly subtracts out the garrison strength of the captured fief from the faction ruler's total strength, which will lower the faction ruler's bonus by a small amount.
  • The No Fief Bonus has not changed and is still 30.
  • The Capturer Bonus has been reduced to 30 (from 50).
  • The Ruler Bonus has been reduced to 60 (from 100).
  • The Poverty Bonus is now added when clans have < 30k gold. The less they have the bigger the bonus up to a maximum of 30. The exact formula to determine the bonus is [30 - (Clan Gold / 1000)], so if a clan has 20k gold they get 10 points, if a clan has 10k gold they get 20 points, etc.
  • The Player Bonus is a flat 30 point bonus that only applies to the player clan.
The Player Bonus + Capturer Bonus now equals the bonus that the faction ruler gets from the Ruler Bonus, so those will cancel each other out if the player captured the fief.

Unfortunately, the issues with the newly captured fief being included in the Distance Factor calculations, and the value of the captured fief being included in the total value of all the clan's fiefs (meaning it gets counted twice for rulers), are both still present.

I don't know what the status of that issue is, whether it's intentionally being kept that way, or if it was just forgotten about. Keep in mind that these two factors somewhat balance each other out, since the value of the captured fief will reduce the faction ruler's Merit Score, while the distance factor will increase the Merit Score.
[Fixed with a recent hotfix]

Here is a link to the equation as it was in 1.4.2 as a comparison.

The king has every right to take the fief. It is his land and he is letting you have some of it. With that said, I do agree that how fiefs are distributed should be changed. I do not like how it only gives three options, it should be like how it was in warband where you talk to other nobles to get support for you getting the fief.

The king has every right to take the fief. It is his land and he is letting you have some of it. With that said, I do agree that how fiefs are distributed should be changed. I do not like how it only gives three options, it should be like how it was in warband where you talk to other nobles to get support for you getting the fief.
it is logically wrong, coz if the king can take, why is he voting?
if there is a vote, then the winner is the one with the influence advantage
and if the king wants to take, then he must NOT participate in the vote

it is logically wrong, coz if the king can take, why is he voting?
if there is a vote, then the winner is the one with the influence advantage
and if the king wants to take, then he must NOT participate in the vote
You can not vote as the ruler of a faction, you can only overvote the popular vote.
The King´s decision is the final own and will overvote anything.

You can not vote as the ruler of a faction, you can only overvote the popular vote.
The King´s decision is the final own and will overvote anything.
that is, I see that I get an advantage, I spent 100 points of influence, while I lost the influence of other nobles, and the king took the fief?
this is a stupid mechanic - if the king wants to take the fief for himself, then he should not participate in the vote

It's not a vote in the popular sense, it's not a case of who spends the most influence gets it.
The vote is to see who the council thinks should have it. If the King puts himself forward as a candidate and decides to go against popular opinion, then so be it, he's the King it's his prerogative.
I've seen a lot of messages pop up saying I've been awarded a fief against the council's advice...I'm guessing you don't see a problem with that because it's working in your favour.

My Derthert in my derthert game gave me a town and 2 castles so far. All Battanian so it matches my culture. I just beat everyone up I didn't even siege anything. Being a vassal is easy. I want him to give me the "capture a town" quest.

You have to run the king out of influence so he can't "final say" the vote. He needs influence to do it.

I think it's weird how in some games the king is really giving and in some they're so greedy.

this is a stupid mechanic - if the king wants to take the fief for himself, then he should not participate in the vote
This is not a vote or some kind of election in our modern era. Treat your influence points as literally your "influence" in the kingdom for a second. You are using your influence to get the fief and guess what king, because he is a king, can spend his influence in the kingdom as a final decision to get what he wants.

I have some problems with this influence system like how we earning it or how much influence we can spend is capped but this kind of thing, king overvote popular decision, should be in the game.

That said, having seven towns and then the king wanting another is not something reasonable for my taste. There might be some problem with his decision making. Btw, did you play as a king in Bannerlord yet?

Edit: There is some sort of point system which decides who can participate in this voting system. I think mexxico explained it in a thread.

Last edited:
This is not a vote or some kind of election in our modern era. Treat your influence points as literally your "influence" in the kingdom for a second. You are using your influence to get the fief and guess what king, because he is a king, can spend his influence in the kingdom as a final decision to get what he wants.

I have some problems with this influence system like how we earning it or how much influence we can spend is capped but this kind of thing, king overvote popular decision, should be in the game.

That said, having seven towns and then the king wanting another is not something reasonable for my taste. There might be some problem with his decision making.

Edit: There is some sort of point system which decides who can participate in this voting system. I think mexxico explained it in a thread.

Derthert has 7 fiefs and wants more, despite the fact that almost all of his clans only have 1-2 fifs - so yes, this is stupid :sad:

Btw, did you play as a king in Bannerlord yet?
I always create my own kingdom (otherwise boring), but first I join another kingdom to get fiefs, gold, influence, items...

Back
Top Bottom