Unban MostBlunted one month after release of Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

I put this here because it is related to the release of Bannerlord and this was his place, kinda.
I thought I'd be the last person to wish him back. I feel like a hero without a villain.

So, do we unban MostBlunted one month after release of Bannerlord?

@MostBlunted
I personally always liked him - srsly - and many of his posts made me laugh a lot either at him or with him.
What always stroke me oddly was the fact that I myself am not an exemplary good boy, and I think I got banned once or twice over the stretch of 11 years I've held this account, basically in TW's forums it's not that hard to be somewhat of an arse while not being ban material which leads to me never fully understanding why he had to go to ban level lengths so often...

I'd still unban him, though, keeps the forums alive and more entertaining.

I mean... this already was his second chance. This is his second ban; he got banned prior and only came back with a promise to behave.

He has behaved in comparison. I was there in 2020

I remember!
96172ce6d1674ee649e9fc12fc4ddf7b--getting-older-funny-memes.jpg

I wish we could see all the inappropriate posts too, then I could have some entertainment...I mean make an informed opinion.
I don't like people being banned unless they were only posting spam or harmful content, which Mostblunted certainly posted mostly legitimate comments which were often amusing. I think it's okay to just have the Jannies delete or edit messages all day everyday. I mean what even is a Janny when there's nothing to mop up? I also like the idea of reverse flair punishments, like an unattractive avatar or shameful items in the signature for a punishment. Or forced filters like just randomly when somebody says taleworlds or Bannerlord it adds "Is a wonderful thing and I enjoy it or I wouldn't be here posting about it, please don't be offended if I forgot my meds today and came into this forum and posted something rude" or when quoting somebody "you're a attractive, special and valuable human being and I respect you even if what I about to say doesn't reflect this !" I think that's really funny.

I'm also fond of a punishment I learned in the internet streets of encircling a users unfortunate comment in emoticons to show it as unbecoming of the community such as say

🀑 πŸ’Š 🀑 πŸ’Š 🀑 πŸ’Š 🀑 πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘
🀑the AI needs more money and free higher troops for funner battles🀑
πŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘πŸ’ŠπŸ€‘

I think we need Mostblunted and other back because we need more Chaotic Good, this forum is becoming to lawful evil now because you keep banning all the fun people..

I read through some of this guy's post history, and it looks like he's a consistent and vocal critic of Taleworlds, not a troll. What was he banned for? A post with 20 different "Inappropriate Behavior" warnings isn't useful, unless you're trying to say that criticism of Taleworlds is "inappropriate".

"Baiting, passive-aggressiveness, and snide remarks towards others, while often mild on their own, have a cumulative effect and can be detrimental to our community overall."

Since you asked, I think the issue here is that these definitions are really broad and mostly in the eyes of the beholder. There is no "objectively" passive-aggressive tone, or post. It could be a joke, it could be real frustration, it could be literally anything.
As for our community, let's be honest. From where I stand, these forums used to be filled with passionate people who cared and contributed the way they could. Reports, suggestions, you name it. There was near-zero engagement from the devs, so most people left (these forums are something like 1% of the player base, perhaps less than that) because they saw no point in trying to help or to share frustration with the project. That's on the devs', no one else. Some of the most "rule-skirting" posts are just people venting frustration for a complete lack of transparency and communication whereas the devs themselves have always asked for support and feedback.
If there actually *is* some passive-aggressiveness here and there, I'm not sure it should be even considered a bannable offense. I mean, I've received a decent numbers of potentially passive-aggressive messages here and there, it's not like I report them or even care. They can even be mildly amusing. I might have been adversarial myself at times, too. It's normal when people have wildly diverging opinions and share the same space.

So, why don't you just unban the dude/gal? I mean, these forums are almost dead already, if anything it will spice things up with some back and forth.
some of it has to do with reports - I get into odd altercations with other ppl in the forums sometimes but there's this unspoken agreement that none of us are going to file reports or complaints and as such nobody gets warned or banned unless a mod does it himself because he thought we went too far - as such, it could be that someone keeps reporting blunted often and the mods have to take action. Not sure.

I also am a fool because I fall for baits quite often, which I also never report. Reality is that I kind of like even the ppl I don't like much in here, idk why but that's what it is. Confucious baits, though, and always makes me laugh at myself for falling for it, so I appreciate the whole shenanigan, if anything I'd give kudos for his "positive" trolling :lol:

Yes... I do. i was sent death threats and hate speech by Alyss. I'm agreeing with you. We are in agreement - these are facts.

Ironically I actually saw you standing up against people being sexist on here the other day. So well done - maybe we aren't as different as you might think.

Look - if I remember correctly the reason we don't get on is due to me commenting back some time ago that I didn't think official South-American servers were needed on your post? That's my bad; I assumed at the time custom servers would be quicker and that TW servers would be better. For all I forgive this game on - the servers have been shocking for way too long. I was definitely wrong there and you were 100% correct - it should be supported as a region); I'd like to move pass us bickering and try and just talk about the game?
Man I just slander here I don't care about this game no more, it's all good

Yes... I do. i was sent death threats and hate speech by Alyss. I'm agreeing with you. We are in agreement - these are facts.

Ironically I actually saw you standing up against people being sexist on here the other day. So well done - maybe we aren't as different as you might think.

Look - if I remember correctly the reason we don't get on is due to me commenting back some time ago that I didn't think official South-American servers were needed on your post? That's my bad; I assumed at the time custom servers would be quicker and that TW servers would be better. For all I forgive this game on - the servers have been shocking for way too long. I was definitely wrong there and you were 100% correct - it should be supported as a region); I'd like to move pass us bickering and try and just talk about the game?

brazil-2021.png

this is the main reason why you were wrong, and this is BR only - add a few % more and you get the entire numbers of SA market potential - not to mention that the BR gaming and YT communities are among the largest in the world.

Usually my first thought when SA get's neglected by a tech company is that they are uneducated towards geopolitics and marketing.

brazil-2021.png

this is the main reason why you were wrong, and this is BR only - add a few % more and you get the entire numbers of SA market potential - not to mention that the BR gaming and YT communities are among the largest in the world.

Usually my first thought when SA get's neglected by a tech company is that they are uneducated towards geopolitics and marketing.
I was fantastically wrong; I genuinely thought it was quite a small market for video game sales. My grievous error. Very interesting though - thanks for this.

Gauging the community's feelings, yup. With a poll. Y'know, I like statistics. Not just quirky and interesting facts or oddball applications of stats like sabermetrics (pardon the pun), but the mathematical theory of it, methodology, and interpretation of data. One of the things you learn about early on when studying statistical methods is sampling bias. There's a quote I always get a chuckle out of regarding sampling bias, and it goes something like "survey responses are all biased because they only come from people willing to complete surveys." It's said like a joke, but it's not wrong, either, especially when it comes to controversial or emotionally-charged issues. People who feel strongly about something are usually more willing to put themselves out there, while those who aren't as invested are less likely to participate in the survey. I think you get where I'm going with this, so we're not gonna beat that dead horse anymore.

Let's move on to the interpretation part of statistics. Identifying and measuring trends in data is the core of applying statistics, because that is how you generate knowledge which can inform future decisions. If you can't do that with statistics, then you're not really accomplishing anything with your data. As an exercise, I'm going to show you the data I have and you can tell me if there are any identifiable trends in it. Here you go:
lRHie34.png

We're all on the same page now, with the pertinent information right in front of us. We're just here to gauge the community's feelings and not to try steering moderation policy through populism, right? So, I'm curious how the community feels about the information I have provided, and if they think that perhaps we were too lenient in this case.
My take: Do it for the lols
Worst case scenario you just ban him again and you can say you listened to the community!

I wasn't going to vote, but I'm against undermining our moderators, they do a good job in trying circumstances. History counts.
He had 2 months, sent an appeal, and before we could respond to the appeal he had created a dupe account to bypass the ban. Now it is permanent on both accounts and he'll have to try again on his appeal after a while.

Bypassing mutes/bans with alternate accounts will result in permanent bans for all associated accounts.

Not gonna lie, I'm glad MostBlunted is gone. His toxicity, while amusing at first, got rather boring pretty quickly. Some of his criticism was very much legitimate and warranted, but a lot of his posting was not, and only worked to further inflame threads and make the forum more negative than it needed to be.

If MostBlunted spent as much time developing mods as he spent flaming this forum, we'd have full conversion mods by now. Voted Nay due to misallocation of time.

Last edited:
@Orion how are we suppose to identify trends with incomplete data, impossible to identify a trend without the knowledge of when he was muted or banned. Without that information it looks like he's become a good boy compared to 2020.
Good point! He was temporarily banned for 2 months on 18 April 2021. It was made clear that his ban was temporary (and how long it would last) but he created an alternate account the very next day to bypass it. As I said previously in the post quoted by NPC99, bypassing mutes/bans with alternate accounts results in them being extended into permanence. He appealed successfully on 6 August 2021 and was put on probation. He managed to stay in his lane mostly, with the agreement that we'd lift his probation in early 2022 if he could do so. As you can see from his warning history, he received one warning in that time and it wasn't very serious, so we followed through on lifting his probation. Shortly after that, his behavior fully regressed.

Looking through his post history may not be very revealing due to moderation policy requiring deletion/editing of offending content. I don't fully agree with that policy in principle, because I think it's valuable to see what sort of behavior warrants consequences. I'm not going to make a habit of going against that policy, but if you'd like an idea of the kind of content he was being warned for, here's one of his posts which I handled:
2cz55Z4.png

He has plenty of posts floating around which are critical of TW, for which he received no warnings. It's fine to be critical, it's fine to be habitually critical for years. Some of his posts aren't critical, though, they're just insulting.

Hey MostBlunted if your out there i hear Wagner Group is recruiting both scum of the Earth criminals and cannibals from the Gulag to send to the front line alongside Banned & Jaded Gamers. Be careful out there

Meh. Keep him banned. Why should the mods allow a guy to trash-talk just because some members like him? Other members are obeying the rules. He should too.

Actual TW's AI brain size confirmed?
it's simplistic but probably because the game would become too taxing on CPU if they made it more complex

funny thing about that meme image (i've used it extensively over the years) is that apparently it strikes some deep rooted snowflake feelings with too much force - I've literally had it being auto-deleted or spam-bot reported across countless social media platforms - even facebook censors it for the wrong reasons (it's AI interprets it as a suicidal image :lol: ; they've even sent me links for their "get help" centre)

Back
Top Bottom