Two Wives Haven't Gotten Pregnant - 1.5.6

Users who are viewing this thread

If she has negative relations with you, she won't get pregnant.

Is this a confirmed fact? I mean it makes sense, kind of but usually Taleworlds game mechanics are pretty shallow. Also, even in marriages of convenience, I can't help but think that these high born ladies would feel like it was their duty to produce an heir even if they didn't like you very much.

yeah, the first child really needs a lot of time. after the first, the second came very fast and i havnt waited in any settlement, that was just coming up. my thrid child is a bastard. she was in a town and was wandering the world and she got pregnant :xf-cry:

Yeah I had this happen a time or two in the past. Unfortunately for me though, apparently I don't appear to be allowed any extra-marital activities myself. I mean if my wife doesn't get pregnant, I should be able to at least knock up the tavern wench so I can have a bastard heir. I mean aside from killing the wifey in the console or having to charge into battle naked until she dies, is there even a way to divorce them so you can remarry in an attempt to produce an heir?

Is this a confirmed fact? I mean it makes sense, kind of but usually Taleworlds game mechanics are pretty shallow. Also, even in marriages of convenience, I can't help but think that these high born ladies would feel like it was their duty to produce an heir even if they didn't like you very much.
Nope, I was wrong. It was just random coincidence that after I boosted my spouse's relations she got pregnant.
To clear everything else up though, the only things that matter for pregnancy chances are as follows:
  1. Must be waiting together in the same settlement at the moment of the daily tick (when your income is tabulated). Does not matter if your spouse is in your party or the settlement. Villages don't count as settlements in this case, only castles and towns. You can actually leave the settlement as much as you want, as long as you are inside at the daily tick when it does the check.
  2. The female character must be between the ages of 18 and 45. Chances drop as the female gets older. Male age does not matter.
  3. The chances of pregnancy are supposed to drop with each successive child, but this isn't the case at the moment because of the bug.
  4. It should go without saying that the birth and death cycle needs to be enabled and the female character can't already be pregnant.
None of the other stuff matters. Relations do not affect it and it appears fertility was removed as a mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom