Suggestion General Two suggestions about the mod tool editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Been working with the tool for a while now and wow! Easy to get into and work with. Coming from other game engines I feel right at home! Well done!

But everything can be improved upon :smile:

Here's a two suggestions from my first impressions:

1) More customizable placement of panels/windows
It's great that you can already somewhat do this. Docking things and using floating non-docked panels and place them wherever you want. As well as stacking panels on top of each other using tabs to switch between them. Great! Something that would make this even better however, is even more freedom to place things. Here's an example of what layout i would be using...
From left to right: [Scene view] [Scene hierarchy] [Inspector]

Currently this is not possible. Unless I'm totally missing something. This would be greatly appreciated none the less!

In short. I would like to dock panels next to other panels. Not just to the sides of the editor window itself.

2) Generating a new module
An option to simply press "Create new module" having you prompted with various input fields of necessary information in order to create a module. If you want to simply test things quickly in different modules without having to go through the process of manually making one every time would help with speed enormously! This might also be something already present that I've missed however.

Been working with the tool for a while now and wow! Easy to get into and work with. Coming from other game engines I feel right at home! Well done!

But everything can be improved upon :smile:

Here's a two suggestions from my first impressions:

1) More customizable placement of panels/windows
It's great that you can already somewhat do this. Docking things and using floating non-docked panels and place them wherever you want. As well as stacking panels on top of each other using tabs to switch between them. Great! Something that would make this even better however, is even more freedom to place things. Here's an example of what layout i would be using...
From left to right: [Scene view] [Scene hierarchy] [Inspector]

Currently this is not possible. Unless I'm totally missing something. This would be greatly appreciated none the less!

In short. I would like to dock panels next to other panels. Not just to the sides of the editor window itself.

2) Generating a new module
An option to simply press "Create new module" having you prompted with various input fields of necessary information in order to create a module. If you want to simply test things quickly in different modules without having to go through the process of manually making one every time would help with speed enormously! This might also be something already present that I've missed however.

1) I will check whether it is possible to have that kind of layout.
2) We do have a plan to add that button in the very near feature.

Thanks for the feedback!

1) I will check whether it is possible to have that kind of layout.
2) We do have a plan to add that button in the very near feature.

Thanks for the feedback!
1) Great! I hope it is and not too much of a hassle to add. I know a lot of people like me who come from other game engines who are used to setting up their own layots/workflows, will be very thankful! :smile:

2) That's awesome! It will make people less confused as well i think. Opening the door even wider to people new to modding.

Thanks for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom