Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it possible to change how much morale bonus the leadership skill gives?

EDIT: or the base morale?

Phaiak said:
unofficial tweak to decrease battle size in simple battles
1. In the module folder of Viking Conquest open the mission_templates.txt
2. Make a backup of this file
3. Between "mst_lead_charge" and "mst_monasterio" change:
Code:
4 1 4160 0 16 60 0 to ...
4 1 4160 0 16 14 0
Code:
4 8320 0 16 60 0 to ...
4 8320 0 16 14 0
Code:
30  3 1930 2 0 45 to ...
7  3 1930 2 0 8
Code:
30  2 1930 2 3 45 to ...
7  2 1930 2 3 8

Articulo34 said:
Idibil said:
Exactly, what causes this? your game ruined.
Economy mostly. And to sum it all up better I´ll use the sandbox game I was playing in 1.03 when I installed the beta patch to explain it.

I had almost the whole map covered with enterprises, only in two towns in Ireland I didn´t have any business. I was preparing to begin my own Kingdom in Friese and besides my 300 Friesemen (of which 1/3 were high-mid tier and 2/3 were rabble) I had nearly 500 in my hideout getting trained. I can´t remember how much I was paying for all of that, but I remember making between 1800 to 2500 each month. It wasn´t that much but it allowed me to equip my companions from time to time. And I hoped to increase it with prisoners and Dorestad´s income (it was to be my first target) during the war.

Now, I go and install the patch and all hell breaks loose. From making some money to suddenly losing money, even though I had to disband quite a lot of troops from the hideout because it could no longer support them (this didn´t bother me, it was an inconvenience to my plan but it really didn´t make sense to be able to garrison hundreds of men there). My Frisian horsemen´s wages went from 40 something to 60 something!
Then I decided to start the war and use prisoners to compensate. No such luck, prisoners are worthless, you don´t make many of them and slave traders are very hard to find.

Since then I no longer enjoy the game at all. Because of the economy everything else feels slow, unyielding and tiresome.

However, if I could change the enterprises, that would instafix it for me.

BTW...
kraggrim said:
In scripts.txt look for process_player_enterprise. In that section there are 3 instances of 1000. I presume they match up to this bit of tweakMB:
Don't know which is which, try and playing with them and let us know how it goes.
Danke schön!

EDIT: Found them. Starting a new game, I´ll let you know how it goes.
EDIT2: Seems to be working. Changed the first value from 1000 to 500 and the expected income doubled. Once again thank you very much.

what tool are you using to read this script file?

Hello I was directed here after a post in another thread. I did read through the entire thread and I caught the debate about troop training, but I didn't find a specific answer to my question.

I'm playing this DLC and the time it takes to train troops to the highest level of upgrade seems impossible when trying to complete the "Train 5 X to Y" quests. I've played with the module.ini file to adjust the rate of xp for kills, but that doesn't seem to help enough. Is there a way to mod how much xp they get from training? Also is there an upper limit on the modifier when you change the module.ini file? It seems like 10x is where it caps off, but maybe I'm missing something as I am new to this. 

I think the quest I was given gave me ~100 days to raise 5 freedmen to Hersi and even with cheats it doesn't seem possible.

LokisCoyote said:
I think the quest I was given gave me ~100 days to raise 5 freedmen to Hersi and even with cheats it doesn't seem possible.

If you want a cheat (not a tweak): open Party/Army, select the troop you want to train, use CTRL+X multiple times to level them up (each CTRL+X will give some XP to that troop). You need to start the game with cheats on (configuration menu).

kalarhan said:
If you want a cheat (not a tweak): open Party/Army, select the troop you want to train, use CTRL+X multiple times to level them up (each CTRL+X will give some XP to that troop). You need to start the game with cheats on (configuration menu).

I will try that, thanks.

Is there a tweak for 1.04 where you can join either side of the battle?( ex. join on side of negative relation faction, or bandits?) the code for 1.03 doesnt work anymore

Any way to make my character taller than he already is with the "Tall" setting in the beginning character creation menu?
I hate being looked down to by Hubbi Ragnarrsson  :lol:

KILLERXD said:
Is there a tweak for 1.04 where you can join either side of the battle?( ex. join on side of negative relation faction, or bandits?) the code for 1.03 doesnt work anymore

same as 1.03, just compare the text tweak that @kraggrim posted and you can figure out what to remove from 1.04 (change the 3 to a 2 in a couple places and remove the 30 xx xxxxxx xx)

kalarhan said:
KILLERXD said:

same as 1.03, just compare the text tweak that @kraggrim posted and you can figure out what to remove from 1.04 (change the 3 to a 2 in a couple places and remove the 30 xx xxxxxx xx)

Can I have a link to this code for 1.04 please? I am not very good at it manually.

Just to give you a heads-up, I'm more or less done adding VC support to TweakMB, and with any luck will release an updated version this week sometime.  By "more or less", I mean it's going to be very limited - there are entire sections of tweaks that will be disabled.  For example, none of the tweaks for morale, quests, reinforcements, etc, are going to be available initially due to some of the changes VC makes to the modules.  I think I can get pretty much all of the necessary code reverse-engineered if I really wanted to, but it's just really tedious and time-consuming to do, even with a decompiler.

That said, hopefully it will be better than nothing!

JuJu70 said:
kalarhan said:
JuJu70 said:
of this minor balance cheat things

Fixed

c'mon, one person cheat is another person fun. You are just trying to distract us from the modules release topic, right?  :twisted:

You know I always wonder why people want all these "tweaks" that remove all the challenge? Actually, AI doesn't cheat that much in MB, so why handicap it even more by removing the checks on player?

Grind != challenge...

Grind = Frustration for most sane people.

kalarhan said:
Tweak looting value from monasteries
File:    menus.txt
Menu: menu_saquear_monasterio

1.03:
360287970189639683 2041 1 360287970189639683 5 0 2136 3 1224979098644774917 100 500

100 and 500 is the range for the loot. Change to something else like 1000 and 5000 and you will get 10x the cash loot.

1.04:

(2136 3 12249790986447[0-9]{5} )(100)( )(12249790986447[0-9]{5})
\1XXX\3YYY
XXX to YYY is the value for looting

Hi Kalarhan thank you for all your work in making VC a better game!  Can you please clarify this tweak for 1.04?  I don't know how to interpret the changes.  What do you mean by \1XXX\3XYYY is the looting range...I don't see anything similar in the txt file.

Thanks!

DerHerbst said:
kalarhan said:
Tweak looting value from monasteries
File:    menus.txt
Menu: menu_saquear_monasterio

1.03:
360287970189639683 2041 1 360287970189639683 5 0 2136 3 1224979098644774917 100 500

100 and 500 is the range for the loot. Change to something else like 1000 and 5000 and you will get 10x the cash loot.

1.04:

(2136 3 12249790986447[0-9]{5} )(100)( )(12249790986447[0-9]{5})
\1XXX\3YYY
XXX to YYY is the value for looting
Hi Kalarhan thank you for all your work in making VC a better game!  Can you please clarify this tweak for 1.04?  I don't know how to interpret the changes.  What do you mean by \1XXX\3XYYY is the looting range...I don't see anything similar in the txt file.

Thanks!

I wrote the tweak using regular expression, that way it should be compatible over versions. You can search/replace using that with Notepad++, Sublime Text or any similar good text editor (not notepad  :razz:).

XXX and YYY are your new values, whatever you want like 500 and 999, 1200 and 1700, etc

Thanks Kalarhan!  I use Notepad++ but never with regular expression.  I did a cursory search and replace and it seems to make sense.  I'll have time to test it tomorrow.

Edit --- Tested it with range of 3000 to 7000 and it works like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom