TW Sponsored WFaS Tournaments, not Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

The very fact that a relatively large amount of people appear to believe that archery is not overpowered, would suggest to me that it ought not be changed. I see no sense in disturbing the status quo just because a few people complain regarding it.

The 'Current Situation' isn't the only thread we've had on the overrepresentation of ranged btw, there's also the very long 'Warband has now become like any other fps to me' thread ( 'http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158786.0.html' ), which shows that though the community is quite divided on this issue there's a *whole lot* of people thinking this aspect of the game needs further adjusting.

Harlequin is also an interesting proponent of this view considering he once swore to the completely opposite ( in the thread I posted above ), and also as he has continued to be one of the most accomplished archers in the EU scene since Beta.

Archers are only overpowered when half or more of the team is using it, they can easily spread out to make an crossfire and fight in melee when needed.
I don't see anything unbalanced with all the four classes, it's simply the faction balancing that sucks.

Archers, Crossbowmen, Infantry, Cavalry and also Horse archers if you like playing Kerghits..!  :razz:

Harlequin_ITA said:
Few in your opinion, many in ours.  :roll:
No, nearly half according to your useless poll; and more than half if we just look at the "game is fine"-bit.
Harlequin_ITA said:
Uhm? Being an archer and saying that archery is overpowered is not fair? Pff, instead it mean that I have experience itself the Opness, but anyway, I send yer face too to the correct thread.
Yet this is the correct thread since a developer asked to list annoying bugs in this thread and the second thing you did was pointing out the assumed OP of the ranged classes by referring to a useless poll/thread of yours. I see it fit to point out that this is - contrary to your way of putting it - only an opinion and not the fact you're trying to make out of it.

I agree that in scrims/matches (maybe even in public battles, on both occassions I still think it's heavily map/factions-dependent) the ranged classes are, compared to the other two, over-represented. I don't think that this is due to an OP of this class rather than a development trend in the community itself (which still isn't as common as Harle tries to make it - as seen in the last NC in the case of Poland and - since he seems to hold those in high regard - judging from the last personal scrim/match-experiences).
I for one also have no problem to fulfil - as an infantry-player - specific roles on certain maps (like Fbtr) which are exhausted by being a distraction (in the form of a moving target) for the enemy archers and occassionally being the guy sitting on the Motf-flag - saying that this isn't the role an infantry-player should be forced to take would be rather subjective.
Harlequin_ITA said:
In a siege you need infantry for the flag, no matter what. You can't win without it, nearly always.
That's quite an astonishing change of heart considering that you said in the other thread that an archer can easily fulfil the role of an infantry by picking up a shield (since in your opinion the ranged classes are comparable to the melee ones in terms of melee-skill/abilities).
Harlequin_ITA said:
On battle you can quite easily win with archery/cavalry and no infantry at all ( See vaegirs or crossbow factions).
In battle-motf-scenarios (no idea whether you're talking about public ones or not) that's obviously not the case anymore - another example of your sophisticated consistency.
Harlequin_ITA said:
Have fun trolling around, or posting logical-like answers when your actual experience ingame is quite low.
Who needs logic or coherence when he has "personal experience" and can pull so-called "facts" out of his arse.

Since you're obviously not able to make up your mind about your own opinion nor formulate a single coherent thought, your whole trollish imbecility (called "ingame experience") is rather tiring.

I would rather see those
Harlequin_ITA said:
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3379
bugs fixed than unnecessary changes because someone wants so for non-proven reasons.

Yeah sure, as said, this thread is not about ranged Opness, but suggestions about must-fix, though I won't answer you. I prefer to keep ranged as it is than ruining the thread and having Dev leave again. Anyhow, I still believe it being Op, and I am surely not the only one.

Edit: Took off the idea I have on your logic to avoid useless answers.

Increase shield skills?
Should be the other way around since you can block arrows that clearly doesn't hit the shield and you can also block behind you with a shield on horseback..
Decreased shield skills + archer accuracy decreased = Win!

As Modus says overrepresentation of ranged is highly map related and most of the Native maps are very ranged-friendly, even the closed ones.

I've tried some of the more inf-friendly ( narrow streets and plazas and few accessible rooftops ) custom maps we have for the Winter Cycle in the ENL and it definitely makes a big difference.

Godnoken said:
Increase shield skills?
Should be the other way around since you can block arrows that clearly doesn't hit the shield and you can also block behind you with a shield on horseback..
Decreased shield skills + archer accuracy decreased = Win!

Oh please dont make it a vikingr clone.

Decreasing archery accuracy will just make things too random. No skill involved.

I was asked not to keep discussing archery and keep this thread for must-fixes so as to keep the Devs attention.
Must-fixes for me means bugs and glitches, such as the glitch where you go into houses on Nord town or just spinning.

So could you start on listing those rather than discussing something that only needs changing in your eyes?

Back
Top Bottom