TTL/Venetor Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Took them out on my second try, I just got behind the left bastion and shot all of them with my dwarven crossbow, not too difficult.

I managed to do it with my 2nd try this game (did it in a previous save too, but restarted). It was unexpectedly easy. Just get a good bow and some good arrows and run up the hill you spawn beside (might need to go backwards some so you dont get shot, and not all the way up just high enough to see over the wall). I dont know if I got lucky or not but the spot on the hill i found allowed me to shoot them and they didn't shoot back. 

jdr said:
I managed to do it with my 2nd try this game (did it in a previous save too, but restarted). It was unexpectedly easy. Just get a good bow and some good arrows and run up the hill you spawn beside (might need to go backwards some so you dont get shot, and not all the way up just high enough to see over the wall). I dont know if I got lucky or not but the spot on the hill i found allowed me to shoot them and they didn't shoot back.

Cheese.

Okay, so I talked to the merchant about the water mill thing, then venetor faction establish. After that nothing else happen, the quest didn't end. Can anyone care to explain?

dreamerkid111 said:
Okay, so I talked to the merchant about the water mill thing, then venetor faction establish. After that nothing else happen, the quest didn't end. Can anyone care to explain?
JOOWLFACE said:
murkamk1 said:
I have done this mission and restored the third legion city but the mission didn't end
When I try to talk to the dude who gave me the mission he just says to check out the abandoned stronghold (which is now a city) and when I check the city nothing is out of the ordinary
There are 2 topless dudes at the city and none of them do anything and I talked to the dude who gave the mission when he was patrolling arround the city that didn't do anything as well
So how do I finish this mission?

You need to speak with the Venetor faction leader to complete the quest. He doesn't spawn immediately IIRC, sometimes takes a couple days for him to appear after the faction spawns.

Dago Wolfrider said:
dreamerkid111 said:
JOOWLFACE said:
murkamk1 said:
I have done this mission and restored the third legion city but the mission didn't end
When I try to talk to the dude who gave me the mission he just says to check out the abandoned stronghold (which is now a city) and when I check the city nothing is out of the ordinary
There are 2 topless dudes at the city and none of them do anything and I talked to the dude who gave the mission when he was patrolling arround the city that didn't do anything as well
So how do I finish this mission?
I talked to him but he only have normal dialogues of a faction leader and nothing else, nothing related to the quest
You need to speak with the Venetor faction leader to complete the quest. He doesn't spawn immediately IIRC, sometimes takes a couple days for him to appear after the faction spawns.

I had the same issue doing this fixed it

Leonion said:
Open conversation.txt, find
Code:
dlga_start:close_window.45 909 0  4 200 1 504403158265495629 546 3 504403158265495629 11 6 542 3 432345564227567659 21 0 2147483679 2 144115188075857382 99 Thank_you_for_delivering_the_message_to_the_merchant,_{playername}._I_owe_you_a_great_deal_for_all_your_assistance._Please_accept_this_as_a_reward.
and replace it with
Code:
dlga_start:close_window.45 909 0  1 200 1 504403158265495629 Thank_you_for_delivering_the_message_to_the_merchant,_{playername}._I_owe_you_a_great_deal_for_all_your_assistance._Please_accept_this_as_a_reward.
And then talk to the ruler.

murkamk1 said:
I had the same issue doing this fixed it

Leonion said:
Open conversation.txt, find
Code:
dlga_start:close_window.45 909 0  4 200 1 504403158265495629 546 3 504403158265495629 11 6 542 3 432345564227567659 21 0 2147483679 2 144115188075857382 99 Thank_you_for_delivering_the_message_to_the_merchant,_{playername}._I_owe_you_a_great_deal_for_all_your_assistance._Please_accept_this_as_a_reward.
and replace it with
Code:
dlga_start:close_window.45 909 0  1 200 1 504403158265495629 Thank_you_for_delivering_the_message_to_the_merchant,_{playername}._I_owe_you_a_great_deal_for_all_your_assistance._Please_accept_this_as_a_reward.
And then talk to the ruler.

Thank you so much

Why cant I hire third legion troops? When I completed the quest I went to hire and everytime I ask to hire (doesnt matter what type of troops like legionares, kalerios, ect.) the guy tells me the price for each unit and then my character says "Let me consider" and then nothing happens, it just exists the conversation. I definetly have enough gold and space in my party to hire. I did think that maybe I had to wait a bit for units to come up like in the mercenary guild guy for hired troops but when I came back after a few weeks it still didnt work. Is there something I am missing?

Neoxilion said:
Why cant I hire third legion troops? When I completed the quest I went to hire and everytime I ask to hire (doesnt matter what type of troops like legionares, kalerios, ect.) the guy tells me the price for each unit and then my character says "Let me consider" and then nothing happens, it just exists the conversation. I definetly have enough gold and space in my party to hire. I did think that maybe I had to wait a bit for units to come up like in the mercenary guild guy for hired troops but when I came back after a few weeks it still didnt work. Is there something I am missing?

I literally just tried this, you can spam the clicks (keep clicking very QUICKLY) when choosing the option of which unit you want to buy, and then Voila! the guy will ask you how many do you want to buy. Makes it very hard to properly buy the some units (you might accidentally click the wrong quantity), but this proof the option is there anyway.

Seems to be a bug in Conversation module, maybe the devs can quickfix this.

i've done the quest to the point where i have talk to the merchant and then report back to Atanos Austad. I talked with merchant, but when i report back to Austad for some reason i can't complete the quest it just starts again. What's the problem here?

I modded their troop tree to add a 2nd unit of archer "Sagittarius" (same stats and somewhat similar equipment as the one in TTL in PNB) and cavalry "Equitata" (used the base stats of the Venetoran Kalero and upped the stats a little, also gave it somewhat similar equipment). Then I modded the noble line by giving it the same stats, equipment and unit line as the one used by the TTL in PNB. Lastly I changed the levels of the infantry line to 12-28-36-44-51.

49152953_1914240478693029_6713770955870568448_n.jpg

Tiger of the East said:
I modded their troop tree to add a 2nd unit of archer "Sagittarius" (same stats and somewhat similar equipment as the one in TTL in PNB) and cavalry "Equitata" (used the base stats of the Venetoran Kalero and upped the stats a little, also gave it somewhat similar equipment). Then I modded the noble line by giving it the same stats, equipment and unit line as the one used by the TTL in PNB. Lastly I changed the levels of the infantry line to 12-28-36-44-51.

Compare with sea Valahir kingdom, it is not too much to further reduce the level of second top tier infantry from 44 to 38.

12-24-30-38-51 would be better balance wise.

For what concerns adding troops, did you read this? Is it still a thing? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380570.msg9049634.html#msg9049634

P.S. Read the end of Leonion's quoted post, it is not accessible anymore so I do not know if it still matters.

Lag'ier Barlida said:
Compare with sea Valahir kingdom, it is not too much to further reduce the level of second top tier infantry from 44 to 38.

I'm not really that good at balancing but wouldn't there be a large gap between tier 5 and tier 6, like 13 levels?

Dago Wolfrider said:
For what concerns adding troops, did you read this? Is it still a thing? https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380570.msg9049634.html#msg9049634

P.S. Read the end of Leonion's quoted post, it is not accessible anymore so I do not know if it still matters.
Leonion said:
And don't add new troops, it will screw things up no matter where you shove them.
Just replace troops of one of the existing factions you like the least if you feel like making some personal submod for private use.
That's what I exactly did. I replaced the Multiplayer Placeholder Units that aren't used by the game since there is no Multiplayer function. I didn't add anything, I just replaced them so troops.txt still ends at trp_list_03(1937 entries, same as before). Everything from entry 1781 to 1815 has no function but just be a placeholder for Multiplayer Units for the Multiplayer function which doesn't exist. No bugs, no crashes and no errors related to this. Already tested it and is currently in my new game.
Edit: I think they have no function, but I'm not entirely sure though. :shifty:

Tiger of the East said:
Lag'ier Barlida said:

I'm not really that good at balancing but wouldn't there be a large gap between tier 5 and tier 6, like 13 levels?

Dago Wolfrider said:

Leonion said:
And don't add new troops, it will screw things up no matter where you shove them.
Just replace troops of one of the existing factions you like the least if you feel like making some personal submod for private use.
That's what I exactly did. I replaced the Multiplayer Placeholder Units that aren't used by the game since there is no Multiplayer function. I didn't add anything, I just replaced them so troops.txt still ends at trp_list_03(1937 entries, same as before). Everything from entry 1781 to 1815 has no function but just be a placeholder for Multiplayer Units for the Multiplayer function which doesn't exist. No bugs, no crashes and no errors related to this. Already tested it and is currently in my new game.
Edit: I think they have no function, but I'm not entirely sure though. :shifty:

As long as it works, no need to worry.

Tiger of the East said:

Maybe you should also tweak their helmet stats too,its too weird to see a top-tier soldier wearing 44 defense helm (aroulo too,but dont forget that they have better stats and pierce damage weapon)

Clovis of Rane said:
Maybe you should also tweak their helmet stats too,its too weird to see a top-tier soldier wearing 44 defense helm (aroulo too,but dont forget that they have better stats and pierce damage weapon)

Wow, didn't notice it till you pointed it out. It really was 44 compared to the 60 of the helm worn by the Sabovalar.

Back
Top Bottom